Thread: Galaxy S10+

Feedback Score

Galaxy S10+

Recently bought this phone at Amazon and now my carrier is telling me that I cannot use this phone after the 3G cutoff date, Feb/22. That is total BS cos this phone is LTE or 4G and should be compatible with the new LTE/5G regulations. They want to lock me into buying one of their phones.
    I was advised a long time ago, never buy a carrier phone cos you'll be locked to that phone and if you want to switch carriers, you're out of luck.

Feedback Score
    Which carrier is telling you this?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    What is the exact phone model? Not just Galaxy S10+. For example, I use a Galaxy S21 and the model is SM-G991U. Some models of the phone sold internationally may not support all bands/frequencies supported by your carrier. Please confirm your current cellular carrier as asked earlier.

For example, about 3-4 years ago I was given an international LG G4 phone, manufactured for use in Europe. I went to Verizon with the phone that they also sold at the time to see if it could be activated. Since it wasn't the US model it lacked at least 1 band/frequency used in the US and they could not activate it. I suspect that is the same thing you are running in to. Not buying a phone from the carrier does have a potential risk.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    The carrier is Cricket.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito777 View Post
    The carrier is Cricket.
    That wasn't my question. You need to confirm the model # of the phone. Go to your phone settings, scroll down to the bottom of the list and select about phone, and confirm the model number from the list.

Feedback Score
    Dude, they're not going by the model number. They're going by the IMEI number.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The phone model # provides the information that I asked for. I don't want or need the IMEI # and I would have deleted it from the page if you or anyone posted one. I am trying to help.

BTW: I have been using cell phones since the early 1990's and have worked for a different cellular carrier for almost 14 years. I have a reason for asking questions.

Feedback Score
    Samsung Galaxy s10+ SM-G975F D/S

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    That model is the international version, not the US model, and as I mentioned, it probably lacks at least one or more required cellular frequency used by Cricket (owned by At&t and uses their network).

Device(s)
    Kyocera SE47 Slider
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have the same issue, and this may be the case for you since Cricket is 3rd party access leased from a big carrier. Mine is Boost Mobile (I was a carryover Virgin Mobile customer). As they merge the Sprint and T Mobile networks, 3G is being phased out and SIM cards that are 4G/5G are the only ones that will work -3G/4G cards aren't identified. They put out the deadline but didn't notify everyone and it is rolling out erratically.

Now I can only call and text, but have no Mobile data or MMS, and their tech support has no idea what is going on. They will ship you a new, free upgraded SIM card but have to know to ask for it. Their should be lots of info on the forums about Cricket. I'm just scrapping Boost for MintMobile as they are on the same network, will send me a card and same plan is half the price. Wish I had known sooner.