Thread: Switch SIM between phones

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score

Switch SIM between phones

I was looking at something in my Straight Talk account. I found that the test that I did the other week with my G7 Optimo Maxx with my A51. Somehow my account auto updated the device's IMEI and device on my account.

It says I am using the G7 Optimo Maxx, and it even has the IMEI from the G7 Optimo Maxx. It even moved my A51 to inactive list with the name "Default_Old" on the list.

So they might be auto updating the IMEI to the SIM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    I was looking at something in my Straight Talk account. I found that the test that I did the other week with my G7 Optimo Maxx with my A51. Somehow my account auto updated the device's IMEI and device on my account.

It says I am using the G7 Optimo Maxx, and it even has the IMEI from the G7 Optimo Maxx. It even moved my A51 to inactive list with the name "Default_Old" on the list.

So they might be auto updating the IMEI to the SIM.
    That report of your test is very encouraging. Do ALL the carriers, the major ones and the mvno's do this too?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    The last time I knew Tracfone is very picky on SIM swapping with Verizon based SIMs like I did. The only Tracfone brand that supported this was PagePlus the last I knew.

So I was testing an idea till Straight Talk site stopped working for me for some reason.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    .................. The only Tracfone brand that supported this was PagePlus the last I knew...
    Yes that's always been the case with PP and still is. I read occasionally in Verizon forums that Verizon itself does auto update but can't confirm that.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I was trying to figure out what is happened here, but not sure what happened at all.

I just got done talking to a online chat CSR for about hour or so, and somehow when I did that SIM swap the other day, it somehow linked my A51's original SIM to my G7 Optimo Maxx.

Even tho they seen this change, they could not correct it this with the original SIM from the A51.

They needed me to use a different SIM. So I was able to use the original SIM from the G7 Optimo Maxx to get my account corrected.

So now, I have the original A51 SIM linked the G7 Optimo Maxx and the original G7 Optimo Maxx SIM linked to A51.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Even tho, I got this issue fixed already, SaraST private message me to contact their support.

I think these people if they are people need to read the whole thread before they private message someone.