Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: VoLTE Compatibility of MotoE XT2052DL with Tracfone/AT&T SIM

Feedback Score

VoLTE Compatibility of MotoE XT2052DL with Tracfone/AT&T SIM

I have Tracfone's MotoE XT2052DL that I bought with 1 year of service in September 2021

It came with Verizon SIM but recently I replaced it with AT&T SIM because AT&T has better reception in my home.

Tracfone Customer Service was able to activate new SIM in this phone without problem, IMS is registered, I can place the calls via LTE/VoLTE network (no drop to 3G/4G).

The problem is that Tracfone account page says that my phone is incompatible and will stop working in Feb. 2022.

This model XT2052DL indeed is not included in AT&T phone approved list https://www.att.com/idpassets/images...TT-Network.pdf
    but it works perfect on AT&T network with VoLTE.

Wi-Fi Calling works too on this phone with Tracfone/AT&T SIM. It means the phone is fully compatible and supported by AT&T network.

Can I ignore this warning? Unless AT&T/Tracfone blocks explicitly this device, it should continue to work using LTE/VoLTE.
    Last edited by RFK; 11-15-2021 at 12:15 PM.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I suspect that your phone lacks at least 1 band/frequency required by At&t. Ignore it all you want, but it could mean that your phone will be a fancy paperweight after Feb 2022. It may continue to work but you have been forewarned of the possibility. I am not saying that it definitively won't work.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    It does not have LTE Band 30 and Band 14, but it is not an issue where I live. Main LTE Bands are present (2,4/66, 12/17).

My question is about VoLTE, but not bands.

Feedback Score
    It's not a band deficiency because the phone is a DL model and it is supposed to work on AT&T and it does.

It's an IMEI issue as discussed elsewhere. AT&T is blocking phones by their IMEI, as they would for various other infractions.

Tracfone doesn't care because they want you to use the Verizon SIM.

If possible, you could try a TF/T-Mobile SIM.

Feedback Score
    For the last couple of years I have had my BYOP TF/AT&T sim in a Moto X4. 2 or 3 months ago I activated a new TF/AT&T sim because the old one had 25 in the 9th and 10th iccid. Transferred service to new BYOP AT&T sim and VoLTE seemed to be working after the transfer. Then I saw that the X4 was not on AT&T list. Never received any notification on the X4 regarding lack of support. But, not taking a chance, I decided to buy a Samsung Galaxy s10e (U1 variant) because it is on the AT&T whitelist. Put the AT&T sim in it and everything (VoLTE and WiFi calling) is working great. I have been using the S10e for about a month. Just got a message that my device is not compatible. WTF? Does anyone have a feel for how long it takes for these scans to get the device right? Or, is there something I need to do in my account? If I text "Four" to 611611 it returns the last four of the sim. Don't know exactly how to get things updated.

Feedback Score
    I have the same situation (different phone). Sim 27 is correct. FOUR is correct. Whitelist is correct. Got the error message. Can't do anything about it. AT&T needs to get this straightened out by their deadline.

I am ignoring it. If there is a problem, I am switching to a T-Mobile MVNO. I don't care for Verizon. Or Tracfone either, at this point in their history.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    I have the same situation (different phone). Sim 27 is correct. FOUR is correct. Whitelist is correct. Got the error message. Can't do anything about it. AT&T needs to get this straightened out by their deadline.

I am ignoring it. If there is a problem, I am switching to a T-Mobile MVNO. I don't care for Verizon. Or Tracfone either, at this point in their history.
    I also have a T-Mobile BYOP sim. VoLTE and WiFi calling both work in just about any phone I put it in. T-Mobile is certainly less of a hassle and the signal is great where I live, not so great as I travel around.

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the thread. I just bought the TF eBay bundle with the LG Rebel K31 because it was cheapest but it was the Moto E XT2052DL bundle I actually wanted. I got the K31 because I just wanted the cheapest possible cost to extend my TF service. My intention is to use the K31 for the year and unlock it to use on a T-Mobile or AT&T MVNO.

The E is such a nice phone I'm amazed it's not on the whitelist. Stupidly I didn't check the list to see if the K31 is on it! Now I'm going to check the list anytime I buy a phone.

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Things may yet change.

Feedback Score
    Extra data point.

I have two phones with TF/ATT/BYOD and one on Tello (T-Mobile MVNO).

I can make calls between and amongst all of them, and it always indicates HD for the call for everybody.

One of the TF/ATT/BYOD lines is flagged by TF as needing a new phone by the 3G cutoff, with the $75 off. I'm not about to try it.

The players obviously don't know what they are doing. Everything is on the unlocked whitelist. All the other data points check out.

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, LG Q7+, LG Q6, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score

I can make calls between and amongst all of them, and it always indicates HD for the call for everybody.

One of the TF/ATT/BYOD lines is flagged by TF as needing a new phone by the 3G cutoff, with the $75 off. I'm not about to try it.

The players obviously don't know what they are doing. Everything is on the unlocked whitelist.
    You might text FOUR to 611611 from the line that got flagged to see what it returns. If it's the IMEI of an older phone, perhaps that's why it got flagged.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    You might text FOUR to 611611 from the line that got flagged to see what it returns. If it's the IMEI of an older phone, perhaps that's why it got flagged.
    I have the same issue. The current phone (Samsung S10e) that my TF/AT&T sim is in is on the AT&T whitelist but I keep getting the notice in my online account and the Android app. FOUR returns the last 4 of the sim. The sim has been in that phone for about a month. If they are doing some sort of sweep it is taking a long time. The interesting thing is I get the $75 off offer but when I put the phone number in to get the offer, there are no discounts offered...just black Friday.

Feedback Score
    Extra data point.

The players obviously don't know what they are doing. Everything is on the unlocked whitelist. All the other data points check out.
    Tracfone adds another layer of randomness to what is already a bad process. I got an incompatibility notice on one of my TF phones about a month ago. Then about a week ago it mysteriously disappeared along with the upgrade offer.
    When I did have the offer, I did not see the amount until I got to the phone selection page and pressed the "Apply Special Discount" button.

Thing is my phone really is incompatible! Already bought a phone to replace it before I knew of the offers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    FOUR is showing perfect for the sim number. I actually tried that awhile back when someone else mentioned it.

On my other phone, FOUR shows as a mystery number, yet that's not bothering TF/AT&T.

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, LG Q7+, LG Q6, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    On my other phone, FOUR shows as a mystery number, yet that's not bothering TF/AT&T.
    Must be an old IMEI that SIM was used with at one time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast