Thread: Need advice on unlocking

Feedback Score

Need advice on unlocking

So my goal is to be able to get a Tracfone-branded Moto E unlocked after one year.

I am on TF-AT&T right now, with service days till March 2022. My current BYOP AT&T sim is in a non-Tracfone phone. I plan to transfer my balance to the TF-branded Moto E and use the Moto’s TF-Verizon sim.

I understand that transferring my current balance to the Moto won’t count as “paid service” for unlocking. But after I have completed the transfer to the Moto, if I keep buying service for another 12 months, will the Moto become eligible for unlocking?

Thank you for your advice and insights!

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, LG Q7+, LG Q6, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    I understand that transferring my current balance to the Moto won’t count as “paid service” for unlocking. But after I have completed the transfer to the Moto, if I keep buying service for another 12 months, will the Moto become eligible for unlocking?
    If you BUY at least 12 months of service after the transfer to the Moto E, the answer is a definite YES. If you will redeem points to get those 12 months of service, the answer is HOPEFULLY YES. I have a TF-branded Moto G Power that I activated in April 2021 with a time that I bought, then added 12 months using points. I hope it will be unlocked next April.

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the thread. I had been thinking of asking a very similar question, but this thread answered it.

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I believe at least one other person reports redeeming points to extend service counts. I have one coming up in Dec for unlock that I only paid explicitly for 90 days and the rest was extended via points. So I shall have a DP by end of year.