Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Text 'Transfer' to code 611611 Questions

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score

Text 'Transfer' to code 611611 Questions

I think I received this info from TF Alex a long time ago in a PM and had it stored in my notepad (and forgotten)... It's about activation of an eBay phone bundle with a transfer from a current phone... My question is, should the keyword TRANSFER be texted to 611611 on the active phone, or on the phone to be activated? Or, on a TracFone not involved in the transfer?

(Quote)...

TF ACTIVATION OF NEW PHONE WITH CURRENT NUMBER.

To transfer your current TracFone phone number, remaining airtime and service days to the new phone, click here or text the keyword Transfer to short code 611611. Keep note of your phone's remaining airtime.

The bundled airtime plan is pre-loaded on the new phone. It is not automatically added.

Should you have other questions or concerns, please chatwith us, call Customer Service at 1-800-867-7183, or text the word Help to short code 611611

(End of quote)

I'll probably activate my new phone using chat, but I wondered if anyone has used this method and how well it went.

My LG Rebel K31 is supposed to arrive today.

This is the dialog I plan to use...

Hello, my name is xxxxxxxxxxxx and my zip code is xxxxx

My phone xxx) xxx-xxxx will expire in December. I bought a new phone from TracFone's eBay store and would like to activate it with the xxx) xxx-xxxx number and have its remaining units added to my new phone. Before we do that, can you check my current account balance? Thank you.

My account email is [email protected] and the pin is xxxx

The IMEI of the new phone is

The SIM/ICCID of the new phone is

The IMEI of the currently active phone is

The SIM/ICCID of the current phone is

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, LG Q7+, LG Q6, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    You're over-complicating things.
    - Don't need to tell the rep your name. You already entered that info before starting the chat. The rep doesn't need your zip code.
    - Ask the rep for the balance of your current phone.
    - Tell the rep you want to activate the new phone with a transfer from your current phone xxx-xxx-xxxx. No need to provide its expiration date.
    - Don't need to provide your email address. The rep already has that from the info your filled in before starting a chat.
    - Give the rep EITHER the SIM number or the IMEI of the new phone. They're paired in TF system. Either one is sufficient to identify the new phone.
    - Don't need to provide the SIM or IMEI of your current phone. The rep can get all that info from its phone number.
    - Be sure to have the current phone turned on and ready. Lately, TF likes to text a security code to your phone for you to read back.

Feedback Score
    100% agree with hpham's advice to only give the info they need to complete your request.

But, I've learned to have other info available if it's requested.
    This morning, I had to deal with a line that had lost calling/texting capability Tried yesterday, but the Chat agent couldn't seem to get a grip on the problem. Today's agent was good: before the chat was over, I'd provided current IMEI and SIM, the old IMEI and SIM of the device I upgraded from a couple of weeks ago, the date and transaction # of the last refill I added, and the date the plan (should have) cycled. With the extra info, he fixed the issue, and gave me an extra 30 days on my line.
    My Tello referral code is P3BSR5HV, and gets both of us 10 Tello Dollars to pay for a plan.
    https://tello.com/account/register?_referral=P3BSR5HV

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    You're over-complicating things.
    - Don't need to tell the rep your name. You already entered that info before starting the chat. The rep doesn't need your zip code.
    - Ask the rep for the balance of your current phone.
    - Tell the rep you want to activate the new phone with a transfer from your current phone xxx-xxx-xxxx. No need to provide its expiration date.
    - Don't need to provide your email address. The rep already has that from the info your filled in before starting a chat.
    - Give the rep EITHER the SIM number or the IMEI of the new phone. They're paired in TF system. Either one is sufficient to identify the new phone.
    - Don't need to provide the SIM or IMEI of your current phone. The rep can get all that info from its phone number.
    - Be sure to have the current phone turned on and ready. Lately, TF likes to text a security code to your phone for you to read back.
    Hi hpham. My method of entering a chat is to preformat the conversation on the cell notepad in advance so I can cut & paste from it to the chat window.

That's because the CSR will get impatient if I don't answer right away, my typing on a cell virtual keypad is veeeery slooow. Cut &paste helps me to avoid typo errors from trying to hurry.

I usually include every possible thing they might ask for, so it's all there in front of them. That's why my chat has the zip, pin, etc.

I haven't done a chat yet using the form that asks for the details in advance. Usually I use a cell phone and start chat from their Contact page.

It usually just opens the chat window for me to start typing, and to save time I just paste the info in and let them read it. It's usually much faster than if I let them ask questions and type the answer.

I've had them threaten to end the chat if I don't answer like a speed typist.

I have hand disabilities and can't type with two hands on a physical keyboard anymore, just one finger at a time on the virtual cell keypad. I used to type 8+ hours a day before my hand injuries. It's why I switched from using a computer to cell. While I have a chromebook, I rarely use it.

I definitely don't want to go back to calling the help desk to talk to a CSR, too hard to understand especially when numbers are involved. But I realize my chat format might be too much information.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    This is a screenshot of the chat window I see when I visit TracFone's website using a cellphone. My Moto e5 in this case. I go to their Contact page, choose online chat (a tiny blue & green chat icon appears on the Contacts page and I tap it to open the chat).

I paste my question & info in the window and send.

I guess the form I've seen in another thread that asks questions in advance is what appears on a computer? I've never gotten that one on my cell browser (Chrome, not the desktop version).Name:  Screenshot_chatwindow.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  36.6 KB

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    This is a screenshot of the chat window I see when I visit TracFone's website using a cellphone.
    Sorry I didn't know you were doing your Chat via your phone. On a computer, when you click on Chat there's a form to fill out before starting the actual Chat.

Name:  Tracfone-Chat-Form.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  156.5 KB

Feedback Score
    ...I've had them threaten to end the chat if I don't answer like a speed typist.
    Yes, they are under intense pressure to resolve contacts in some average amount of time. That's the way help desk work works. Sucks, but that's the way it is.

Feedback Score
    The first thing I type is: Please bear with me, I am slow.

They always respond: No problem.

I guess that puts the slowness in the record.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    The first thing I type is: Please bear with me, I am slow.

They always respond: No problem.

I guess that puts the slowness in the record.
    That's a good way to do it. I need to preformat a note with every comment I'm likely to make. What I do is switch between the chat screen and the note screen for cut & paste.

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Sorry I didn't know you were doing your Chat via your phone. On a computer, when you click on Chat there's a form to fill out before starting the actual Chat.

Name:  Tracfone-Chat-Form.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  156.5 KB
    My Chromebook would probably display the chat screen like you depicted. It's just that, the one the cell displays is the one I'm used to. I need to check the chat screen the next time I have my Chromebook out. It might actually work better.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Okay, for the good news. My K31 arrived around two. TF didn't put my apartment # on the label so the office had the box trying to figure whose it was, but I came and claimed it.

The phone battery was absolutely flat dead on arrival and had to charge to about 27% before I could set it up.

I like to remove the SIM when I set up so the activation screen won't start. I log in on WiFi and Google, then go to Google Play settings to turn off automatic updates, tell it to update over Wifi, install useful apps and delete what junk I can. By doing it before activating, I don't run as much risk of using mobile data for things WiFi can do.

It took me a little to figure out how to replace Swipe with the old fashioned buttons. Did not like swipe at all. I put BUTTONS in the settings search box and it found it.

The wallpapers were ugh, by my tastes. Motorola usually offers lots of nice ones but LG seems into geometry. I got some better choices on Google Play.

Not too thrilled with the ringtones either but I'll eventually fix that.

I didn't explore much, the battery was too low, so I went ahead with chat and activated.

The CSR was nice, patient with me, and she got the phone activated with no issues. She stayed on until the balance updated. It didn't right away, it showed the original balance but the new expiration date of 12/20/22. I asked her to check it again and it updated with the eBay bundle.

The impression of the phone is good so far. About the same size as Moto e6 (it's 5.7" and Moto more like 5.45" but about the same size in hand). Of course I haven't done much with it yet and need to test the WiFi more. Send messages, make calls, and check it out for battery life.

I really liked the Moto e6 but needed the service extension and now want to keep it on the K31 a year at least so I can unlock it.

Anyway, relief, it activated ok and now have over 5gb data, over 4600 minutes & messages.

Thanks for helping when I ask questions here in the forum!

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Glad you got everything transferred successfully. I just traded in my K31 for a free Moto g Pure through Visible. The more I used the K31, the more I realized how laggy it was. The Moto e6 is the better phone in my opinion. I'm sending my old unlocked e6 to an aunt.
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 13 Pro eSIM; Pixel 2 XL
    Secondary: TracFones: iPhone 13 Pro dual-SIM [AT&T] & iPhone 13 mini [Verizon]
    Mobile Broadband: ZTE Z917 LTE hotspot (5GB for $10)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLand_BoY View Post
    Glad you got everything transferred successfully. I just traded in my K31 for a free Moto g Pure through Visible. The more I used the K31, the more I realized how laggy it was. The Moto e6 is the better phone in my opinion. I'm sending my old unlocked e6 to an aunt.
    Yes, I like Moto phones best at this point. Although I like the double tap to wake feature on LG's. I like the lockscreen clock on Moto's that show if the phone is jiggled.

My e6 is a good phone, I just needed to extend the service for another year and the eBay bundle LG was the cheapest way.

So far I like the K31. The touchscreen works well. Placed some calls and good clarity. The size is about perfect for hand fit.

I installed Network Cell Info Lite and it's showing 7 towers and 4g on the map. It says it is a CDMA phone (Verizon) and not VoLTE capable but am sure they wouldn't have activated it if it wasn't. It's showing bands 66, 13, 2, 5. I'm not technical but the app lets me see where the towers are and gives a rough understanding of what the phone is doing.

My e6 wasn't showing better than 2-3g on the map and no tower locations.

I lost some mobile data since activation of the K31 so I switched mobile data off and just using WiFi. It must open the port to receive MMS because I received some photos via Textra app with mobile data off.

I can't complain about anything yet.

Sent from my LGL355DL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    It says it is a CDMA phone (Verizon) and not VoLTE capable but am sure they wouldn't have activated it if it wasn't.
    There are several ways you can check to see if your phone is using VoLTE.

1. Install the Network Signal Info app and run it WHILE A CALL IS IN PROGRESS. If it shows 4G/LTE for Voice, then it's using VoLTE. If it shows 3G. 1xRTT then it's not.

2. Turn on Data, then make a call. While the call is in progress, try to access a web site using your phone's browser. If it works, you call is using VoLTE. If it doesn't, or says Data Is Not Available, then the call is not using VoLTE. This test is not valid if your phone uses TF/AT&T.

3. Call another phone that uses the same carrier (Verizon?). If both phones use VoLTE, there should be an "HD" indicator on the call screen. This depends on the make/model. Some phones don't show the HD indicator.

Name:  Moto-E-HD-Indicator-on-TF-Verizon.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  15.3 KB

Feedback Score
    ...................It must open the port to receive MMS because I received some photos via Textra app with mobile data off.
    On some (maybe all) text apps you can turn auto download MMS off. Otherwise the app turns data on, then off (to quick to see) to download the MMS. If you turn auto download MMS off, it will prompt you when you get an MMS so you can chose to receive it or not.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast