Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Redpocket - GSMA - International calls vs Lycamobile

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    26
    Feedback Score
    0

    Redpocket - GSMA - International calls vs Lycamobile

    Hows International calling with Redpocket (GSMA)? I currently use Lycamobile (Tmobile MVNO) and happy with both US and International calling.
    Thinking of switching due to promotion/price.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    14,847
    Feedback Score
    0
    I think it depends on what network you choose with Red Pocket.

    There have been comments from other posters around the internet with different reports about RP international calling. Some report that you have to dial an access # first, while others report that direct dial works. One reason for the different reports that I can think of could be because RP offers AT&T, T-Mobile, and Vzw, so perhaps some posters were using different networks.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Mobile County, Alabama
    Posts
    100
    Device(s)
    Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket Verizon prepaid monthly
    Feedback Score
    0
    I am one of the frequent complainers about Red Pocket Mobile's International Calling. Last year (2020) they made some changes to their terms, that I didn't notice until this year (2021). After some of my posts, I came across that Twigby, on paper, looks like it offers what Red Pocket did back in 2018, before the 2020 changes, so I am wondering how real their service is. (Note that I am on RPM's "CDMA" plan, which is more restrictive, e.g., does not have International Texting.)

    Anyone considering Red Pocket for International calling should look up the phone numbers they want to call on their rates page https://www.redpocket.com/international-calling to compare the costs to what they are paying already.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    26
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I think it depends on what network you choose with Red Pocket.

    There have been comments from other posters around the internet with different reports about RP international calling. Some report that you have to dial an access # first, while others report that direct dial works. One reason for the different reports that I can think of could be because RP offers AT&T, T-Mobile, and Vzw, so perhaps some posters were using different networks.
    This is my main concern. I will be using GSMA (ATT). Do you know if this version can direct dial international numbers or go through the Access # first?
    Lyca is amazing with direct dialling.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    26
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rd10221 View Post
    I am one of the frequent complainers about Red Pocket Mobile's International Calling. Last year (2020) they made some changes to their terms, that I didn't notice until this year (2021). After some of my posts, I came across that Twigby, on paper, looks like it offers what Red Pocket did back in 2018, before the 2020 changes, so I am wondering how real their service is. (Note that I am on RPM's "CDMA" plan, which is more restrictive, e.g., does not have International Texting.)

    Anyone considering Red Pocket for International calling should look up the phone numbers they want to call on their rates page https://www.redpocket.com/international-calling to compare the costs to what they are paying already.
    The country I want to call to is thankfully "Unlimited".

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,595
    Feedback Score
    0
    When I had RP GSMA 2-3 years ago. Calls to & from Australia were seamless.
    Check out this page: https://www.visible.com/get/36csHv, it has all the info you need to know about joining Visible.
    When you use my friend code, 36csHv, you’ll get your first month of service for only $5!


    Join my Party Pay Group 38,147 members (no information is shared with other members)
    https://visible.com/p/Reddit_Upvote & never pay more than $25 a month.


    Visible $25/mo
    Liberty 09.06.2022
    TMo 01.05.22
    Truphone 01.18.22

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Mobile County, Alabama
    Posts
    100
    Device(s)
    Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket Verizon prepaid monthly
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by quizzer25 View Post
    This is my main concern. I will be using GSMA (ATT). Do you know if this version can direct dial international numbers or go through the Access # first?
    Lyca is amazing with direct dialling.
    See their help article "GSMA: How do I make an international call?" at:
    https://help.redpocket.com/hc/en-us/...national-call-

    And look at other help articles like "Is international calling free with Red Pocket Mobile?" at:
    https://help.redpocket.com/hc/en-us/...Pocket-Mobile-

Similar Threads

  1. Lycamobile - "Account not configured" message placing international calls
    By tampaite in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-26-2014, 01:43 PM
  2. How to dial international calls with Lycamobile?
    By beeth2006 in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-05-2013, 01:14 PM
  3. Bang for Bucks-International calls-Tracfone vs. Net10
    By goneglobal in forum Tracfone/Net10
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-27-2009, 09:37 PM
  4. Koodo International Calling Rates (cell vs land line)
    By 8PK8 in forum TELUS/Koodo/Public Mobile
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-29-2008, 10:15 AM
  5. Howcome I can't make international calls with my t39?
    By AccordCoupe99 in forum SonyEricsson
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-26-2001, 04:55 AM

Bookmarks