Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Page Plus Cellular TF phone Questions

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score

Page Plus Cellular TF phone Questions

I've read that TF phones can activate on PPC, and saw two flips at the PPC website, an Alcatel My Flip 2 and a refurbished LG, 19.99 for either-or.

I have two previously TF activated flips, the Alcatel My Flip (Wifi capable) and a ZTE probably z233VL (not Wifi capable). I also have a refurbished Z233VL I got at the TF website and never activated.

Would a previously activated flip with Verizon based SIM activate on PPC?

Does anyone currently have the ZTE flip on PPC? It has VoLTE capability.

The $10 for 120 days service is even cheaper than H20 which is $10 for 90 days but on AT&T based service, for those who need a cheap service for backup or glovebox.

Sent from my LGL355DL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Flip phone, Samsung J3 on Tello
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, H2O, Page Plus, Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Have you entered the IMEI on PP's website? If it accepts it, you might have to buy a PP SIM for 99c. They are picky about the phones they will take. It has to be capable of working on Verizon, and have VOLTE.
    A week ago I wrote down several IMEIs from Tracfones on the shelf, PP website said all were good. (Kroger had a sale) Other posts were able to use "off the shelf Tracfones" on PP.
    I have used Page Plus for 5 years now.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dfriz View Post
    Have you entered the IMEI on PP's website? If it accepts it, you might have to buy a PP SIM for 99c. They are picky about the phones they will take. It has to be capable of working on Verizon, and have VOLTE.
    A week ago I wrote down several IMEIs from Tracfones on the shelf, PP website said all were good. (Kroger had a sale) Other posts were able to use "off the shelf Tracfones" on PP.
    Thanks, dfriz. I'll check the IMEIs tomorrow. Would the SIM purchase be a BYOD one they sell at the website? I think for 99c.

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    As long as the TF/Vzw sims are inactive you can activate them on PP in any of the phones mentioned. You DO NOT need a PP sim as mentioned. A TF/Vzw sim IS a PP sim. No difference in the sims or phones between TF and PP. I had a TF Z233VL with a TF BYOP sim on PP for awhile but didn't care for it and replaced with a TF MyFlip with the sim that came in it. I've used nothing but TF branded products on PP including TF/Vzw BYOP sims. AGAIN PP = TF with one really nice difference. On PP you CAN swap sims. (Assuming of course compatible phones and the Vzw network.)

With the exception of the imei/sim pairing auto update on PP, the rest applies to ANY TF company.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    As long as the TF/Vzw sims are inactive you can activate them on PP in any of the phones mentioned. You DO NOT need a PP sim as mentioned. A TF/Vzw sim IS a PP sim. No difference in the sims or phones between TF and PP. I had a TF Z233VL with a TF BYOP sim on PP for awhile but didn't care for it and replaced with a TF MyFlip with the sim that came in it. I've used nothing but TF branded products on PP including TF/Vzw BYOP sims. AGAIN PP = TF with one really nice difference. On PP you CAN swap sims. (Assuming of course compatible phones and the Vzw network.)

With the exception of the imei/sim pairing auto update on PP, the rest applies to ANY TF company.
    Do you mean "not yet activated but fresh, not yet expired SIM card"?

I try to understand what more you said.
    SIM for Verizon cannot be used for Page Plus and cannot be used for Tracfone?
    SIM for Tracfone can be used for PPC, and SIM for PPC can be used for Tracfone?
    SIM for either Tracfone or PPC cannot be used for Verizon?

Right now I do not need to know this. I am just very curious.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dfriz View Post
    . They are picky about the phones they will take. It has to be capable of working on Verizon, and have VOLTE.

How's that being picky ? That's true about any carrier that uses the Verizon network.
    I've been with PP since before it was even a TF (American Movil) company.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joseg2016 View Post
    Do you mean "not yet activated but fresh, not yet expired SIM card"?

I try to understand what more you said.
    SIM for Verizon cannot be used for Page Plus and cannot be used for Tracfone?
    SIM for Tracfone can be used for PPC, and SIM for PPC can be used for Tracfone?
    SIM for either Tracfone or PPC cannot be used for Verizon?

Right now I do not need to know this. I am just very curious.
    Any inactive sim meaning it's not active. It could have been active at one time but not now. Or could be brand new.
    SIM for Tracfone/VZW can be used for PPC, and SIM for PPC can be used for Tracfone/Vzw. They're the exact same sim.
    Why buy a PP phone or sim when you can pick up a TF anywhere.

TF/VZW = Any TF brand (ST, TW, Net10,PP) that uses VZW. They're all interchangable. It's only the plans that are different.

If the phones mentioned and their sims are not active on any other carrier.....just activate them. Done.

Feedback Score
    The part in bold type in here gives me a practical idea:
    Any inactive sim meaning it's not active. It could have been active at one time but not now. Or could be brand new.
    SIM for Tracfone/VZW can be used for PPC, and SIM for PPC can be used for Tracfone/Vzw. They're the exact same sim.
    Why buy a PP phone or sim when you can pick up a TF anywhere.

TF/VZW = Any TF brand (ST, TW, Net10,PP) that uses VZW. They're all interchangable. It's only the plans that are different.

If the phones mentioned and their sims are not active on any other carrier.....just activate them. Done.
    One should be able to go into a retail place like BestBuy, WalMart, Target, find a Tracfone prepaid phone, and as long as the network that is supposed to use is Verizon, the device should be a good replacement for ones current Verizon-based Tracfone service. Find cheap phone Tracfone branded at retail store, buy, bring home, remove SIM from current phone, put SIM into new cheap phone, and service now goes with the new cheap phone.

Feedback Score
    ........................Find cheap phone Tracfone branded at retail store, buy, bring home, remove SIM from current phone, put SIM into new cheap phone, and service now goes with the new cheap phone.
    As I mentioned, at this point, Page Plus is the only TF company that you can currently do that with on the Vzw network. Don't know if there's other vzw mvnos where you can.
    I've read somewhere that on Verizon directly you can do it too but I have no experience with that.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score

Thanks for clarifying things.

I checked the IMEI #'s for the 3 phones I have and all checked out as able to be activated on PPC.

For people who don't know how to check their phone IMEI, I had to go to the activation page to enter the info and on the next page it said they can be activated.

My Flip Alcatel A405DL was previously activated on TF several times and passed the check.

One of my TF ZTE Z233VL's was previously activated and one wasn't, and both passed.
    They're both refurbished.

I like the ZTE better than the My Flip because of the nice screen, keypad layout, and particularly the programmable navigation keys to set them as shortcuts. Mine are set to Settings, Calendar, Calculator, and Messages.

The weird part is that one of the ZTE's lets me return to home by pressing the end call key. The other exactly same model won't do that, I have to repeatedly press the button corresponding to the back arrow until the home screen appears. That's annoying.

The ZTE flips don't have WiFi but they do VoLTE.

However I think the ZTE I activated on TF sometimes had call clarity issues, people saying they couldn't hear me very well or cutting out.

The Alcatel didn't seem to do that, but its battery didn't last as long and its keys aren't programmable. It does allow WiFi but it doesn't like the connection at my current location (senior apartments) and can't use some WiFi based apps.

Although I'd probably prefer to activate the ZTE, the My Flip would probably work best in call quality.

Question, can I use a card to buy a plan & airtime during activation, or do I have to possess the pin already purchased from a store or online, like Callingmart?

Thanks for the help, everyone.

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post

The ZTE flips don't have WiFi but they do VoLTE.

However I think the ZTE I activated on TF sometimes had call clarity issues, people saying they couldn't hear me very well or cutting out.

The Alcatel didn't seem to do that, but its battery didn't last as long and its keys aren't programmable. It does allow WiFi but it doesn't like the connection at my current location (senior apartments) and can't use some WiFi based apps.

Although I'd probably prefer to activate the ZTE, the My Flip would probably work best in call quality.
    Your observations of the ZTE was why I switched to the MyFlip. I liked the feel and battery time of the ZTE better then the MyFlip but call quality was bad and lack of wifi.
    Do you mean by card a CC when activating? Yes you can. Or if you have the CallingMart pin, use that. I wouldn't expect the CallingMart pin to expire but I've always just used a CC to renew my plans.

Feedback Score
    Your observations of the ZTE was why I switched to the MyFlip. I liked the feel and battery time of the ZTE better then the MyFlip but call quality was bad and lack of wifi.
    Do you mean by card a CC when activating? Yes you can. Or if you have the CallingMart pin, use that. I wouldn't expect the CallingMart pin to expire but I've always just used a CC to renew my plans.
    ?

Airtime,air-service time can be purchased online through the (PPC?) website. Best that I can remember, you will be given a "pin" for the purchase you make and you'll see that pin in a text message - from PPC, I think that is the carrier being discussed here.

Feedback Score
    ?

Airtime,air-service time can be purchased online through the (PPC?) website. Best that I can remember, you will be given a "pin" for the purchase you make and you'll see that pin in a text message - from PPC, I think that is the carrier being discussed here.
    You can purchase online when activating or renewing on the "official" PPC website. There are sites that are PPC brokers with PPC in their name. I don't know how they work.
    But I doubt you can just buy a pin on the "official" PPC website if you don't have an account except during initial activation. When you buy it on PPC it applies it at that time to the account. You never see a pin#.
    Yes I know we're talking PPC.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I guess the ZTE has some call issues. I read reviews and there were others who complained of call quality. Too bad because it felt more solid and more like the old fashioned flips. Location could have been an issue (relative to the tower) and being inside of a building with walls that were built sturdy, but I think with that phone it was more likely internal build of the phone itself, antenna, etc.

It'll probably be the Alcatel A405DL I activate, unless I venture to try the newer LG flip. But my main point is economy and using a phone I already have is cheaper than buying another.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    You can purchase online when activating or renewing on the "official" PPC website. There are sites that are PPC brokers with PPC in their name. I don't know how they work.
    But I doubt you can just buy a pin on the "official" PPC website if you don't have an account except during initial activation. When you buy it on PPC it applies it at that time to the account. You never see a pin#.
    Yes I know we're talking PPC.
    Okay, I guess I should poke around the PPC site more and see how to activate. Maybe I can engage a chat with a CSR and they'll help, but I am wary of them trying to upsell me a new phone as if mine won't work.

I would want to use a debit to buy airtime at activation and if I can, then great.

Realistically I don't know of a phone service that wouldn't offer the option, but I've never tried PPC before so wasn't sure.

The $10/120 day plan seems to require a 50˘/mo maintenance fee, which H20 doesn't charge, but 4 months for $10 is a cheap deal and practical for people like me who still like to occasionally use a flip. It's easy to stuff in the pocket on the way out the door for a walk, easy to call and answer calls quickly.

I was wondering, if I use the phone on PPC would it qualify to be unlocked after a year?

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast