Thread: Sprint to T-Mobile sims Phone are not able to move to T-Mobile?

Feedback Score

Sprint to T-Mobile sims Phone are not able to move to T-Mobile?

So for some reason after being told all was good and our 4G LG V40 and LG G7 would be able to be connected to the T-Mobile netwrki and we need to move the new sims into the phone. We found it was a lie. A samsung J7 Plex is also not going to able to upgrade to the T-mobles sims. they only reasion threy give. they are not sure we will get a good 4g experance or connection we need.
    So we will be forced find new phones. I don't want new phone the v40 works it great connect graphics and speed and works well for the 4K 60FPS filmiong use it for. So what is going on with T-mobles people telling us over and over the phones would be ok but once we got install threy flag not elagblesfor the sims.
    I hate that lied on this i can understal id this was CDMA or 3G phne but they are not.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Who is the account still with, Sprint or T-Mobile? It does make a difference. Are you certain that the phones that you have fully support/use all of the required frequencies/bands used by T-Mobile? Could it be an issue that you live in a market that T-Mobile doesn't have a license in your area? If you don't know the exact reason you should speak with an online rep or go to a retail store location for clarification. You haven't confirmed enough information to offer more specific advice. There may be more to the story than you think, we can only speculate from here.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    OnePlus 8T, Apple iPad Air 4th Gen (WiFi), Apple iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon Prepaid, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score

[This is why carrier-sold phones are typically not a great idea to buy]

T-Mobile is opting against TNX-ing devices that don’t have band 71, 66 or 12. These are their main LTE bands in use, and 12/71 are the bands used most in rural areas.

The V40 had a different model number between Sprint/ATT, Verizon, and T-Mobile. I believe the same was true for all four carriers w.r.t. the G7. Likely only the T-Mobile and LG-sold unlocked versions of those had band 71 (and probably band 66).

The J7 Perx does not have band 66 or 71. This was an exclusive Sprint/Boost model.

That would explain why those aren’t being accepted for TNX conversion. Those phones would lose out on a good amount of T-Mobile exclusive bandwidth.

I would wait out until you are forced to migrate onto T-Mobile billing, then see what happens. They are updating TNX compatibility lists regularly.

If those devices are unlocked, You might test out a Mint Mobile, Simple Mobile (while they last) or Tracfone pink SIM (while those last) to compare how the service is on those devices. Those use T-Mobile's network.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Haas_Dave; 11-22-2021 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Updating my test SIM options, as the VZW acquisition will change this quickly.
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X, OnePlus Nord N10 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT and T
    Feedback Score
    I had a good chat with Sprint about the legacy Sprint customer migration to T-Mo.

Officially, the goal is to have migrated all legacy Sprint customers to T-Mobile’s customer system by EOD 12/31/2021.

As of now, confirming another poster, T-Mo is strongly encouraging those of us without VoLTE, B12, B66, AND B71 to upgrade to a newer phone with all of these 4G LTE bands. Otherwise, the T-Mo network experience will be less than optimal. (NR / 5G are not essential.)

Over the last nine months, T-Mo started with the lowest compatibility bar of at least VoLTE. iPhone 6, iPhone 8, and iPhone X met that requirement.

Then, this summer iPhone 6 were declared incompatible (because through this forum we came to understand that Band 12 was missing). This was interesting to learn as I had not noticed that.

Now, as of yesterday, I learn that iPhone 8 and X are now incompatible because Band 71 is missing. This is a little surprising because we have, even today, exactly one cell tower five miles away that broadcasts on B71. Reception is non-existent on Band 71 with my One Plus Nord N10 5G that has all of these bands.

This is not too surprising if B71 instantly shows up on every tower around us - the closest be two miles away by the end of the year.

My take is:
    1. Yea. The full integration is upon us - sooner than I thought.
    2. The iPhone 6 has got to go before the end of the year - upgraded or ported out.
    3. I will need to buy newer iPhones sooner than I planned but not immediately until I can prove that Band 71 is available on my One Plus which could be weeks or months away.
    4. If I can hold out until next Fall 2022 for iPhone 14 that would be ideal provided I have usable reception.

It sounds like the T-Mo migration team will be working with us to coordinate the move since I have multiple devices in different locales to migrate. New mapped plans and device promotions will hopefully be published soon in addition to what is already available.

I am looking at this as glass half-full with T-Mo intention of getting better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    I hate to lose my V40 but understand the issues moving it but do you think the V50 5G would work for the move if I get the Sprint version or should look for unlocked version? My wife isn't as picky but need one will work in multable states. Not looking more cell companies we do have back up tracfones when needed.My issues T-mobile tell us the sims would work but now we are bing told they will not. they just don't have any phone I see as good as the V40. I maybe just being picky but I don't do apple(I worked for them at one time) I like my LG phones.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by ccorsair View Post
    I hate to lose my V40 but understand the issues moving it but do you think the V50 5G would work for the move if I get the Sprint version or should look for unlocked version? My wife isn't as picky but need one will work in multable states. Not looking more cell companies we do have back up tracfones when needed.My issues T-mobile tell us the sims would work but now we are bing told they will not. they just don't have any phone I see as good as the V40. I maybe just being picky but I don't do apple(I worked for them at one time) I like my LG phones.
    The v50 is not compatible, as it won’t get T-Mobile VoLTE.

v60 is a “unified” device and is TNX eligible. That means it will work if you bought it through Sprint, as technically it is a T-Mobile branded device but sold whitelisted for Sprint. It was also one of the devices offered for free or on discount temporarily when people owning the v50 (or any first gen Sprint 5G device) lost 5G service last year (those lost 5G almost immediately after the merger closed).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    So how does the v60 compared to the V40? I was hoping to stay with the same specs or better than the V40. I really like the triple camera of the v40 and it seemed the V50 was the same but can tell if the v60 was better. I do a lot work where nee todo video suvallance in low light the V40 bee great at that. Thanks for the info

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    So how does the v60 compared to the V40? I was hoping to stay with the same specs or better than the V40. I really like the triple camera of the v40 and it seemed the V50 was the same but can tell if the v60 was better. I do a lot work where nee todo video suvallance in low light the V40 bee great at that. Thanks for the info
    The main specs should be comparable or better, as it was basically the second successor to the v40.

As for picture/video quality, I found a few YouTube comparison videos showing the v40 or v50 against the v60: low light quality appears to be lot better on the v60 than either previous model.

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    ...I don't do apple(I worked for them at one time)...
    Preach!

10char
    Check out this page: https://www.visible.com/get/36csHv, it has all the info you need to know about joining Visible.
    When you use my friend code, 36csHv, you’ll get your first month of service for only $5!

Join my Party Pay Group 38,147 members (no information is shared with other members)
    https://visible.com/p/Reddit_Upvote & never pay more than $25 a month.

Visible $25/mo
    Liberty 09.06.2022
    TMo 01.05.22
    Truphone 01.18.22