Thread: Was ATT the big spender at auction 110?

Device(s)
    iPhone 13 Mini
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Was ATT the big spender at auction 110?

Name:  IMG_0021.JPG
Views: 79
Size:  56.0 KB

"We still believe AT&T will be the highest bidder in Auction 110 (~$9 billion), followed by a steep drop-off to Verizon (~$5 billion), and then again to Dish Network and T-Mobile (~$2 billion each)," wrote the financial analysts at Raymond James in a note to investors this week.

https://www.lightreading.com/5g/atandt-spent-$9b-on-midband-spectrum-for-5g---analysts/d/d-id/773635

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    lightreading is garbage and often gets things wrong and posts FUD. First they said Verizon wasn't going participate at all then they claimed Verizon was trying to kill the auction now they say Verizon spent the 2nd most. They also claimed the auction wasn't going to reach the minimum when when it did said it would barely go past that. Yet it went $7.1 bil past that. Now do I think at&t spent the most? Sure Verizon spent more than $5 bil and T-Mobile barely spent anything. not sure where they get their info. T-Mobile has no reason to buy anything and they need to save up for the 2.5 GHz auction next year. Dish didn't spent squat in the C-band auction and barely spent anything in the CBRS auction. magically they are going to participate heavily in this one? Wouldn't shock me if Verizon's spend was close to at&t's spend

Still have the have the assignment phase then the winners will be announced. Hopefully the FCC announces the assignment phase schedule tomorrow. It it starts early next week and doesn't last more than a couple of weeks we might know the winners before Christmas

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    lightreading is garbage and often gets things wrong and posts FUD. First they said Verizon wasn't going participate at all then they claimed Verizon was trying to kill the auction now they say Verizon spent the 2nd most. They also claimed the auction wasn't going to reach the minimum when when it did said it would barely go past that. Yet it went $7.1 bil past that. Now do I think at&t spent the most? Sure Verizon spent more than $5 bil and T-Mobile barely spent anything. not sure where they get their info. T-Mobile has no reason to buy anything and they need to save up for the 2.5 GHz auction next year. Dish didn't spent squat in the C-band auction and barely spent anything in the CBRS auction. magically they are going to participate heavily in this one? Wouldn't shock me if Verizon's spend was close to at&t's spend

Still have the have the assignment phase then the winners will be announced. Hopefully the FCC announces the assignment phase schedule tomorrow. It it starts early next week and doesn't last more than a couple of weeks we might know the winners before Christmas
    I agree with this. AT&T went big, and no way Verizon wasn't bidding to win in target areas. VZW desperately needs it in areas like Traverse City, and other northern Michigan cities where they have 0 wideband (other than C band which is a few years out) and only 5 MHz PCS. Equipment is already out from Ericsson and Nokia that supports the spectrum.