Thread: New phone battery capacity less than specs.

Feedback Score

New phone battery capacity less than specs.

Above. Got a new phone from cricket last week, great phone, good service, but accubattery app indicates it's battery capacity is only 90% of what it's suppose to be. OTOH,I got the same phone 6 months ago and when it was new, it checked it was 99% and still at 98% capacity.

I've bought several phone over the past years, and have noticed that cricket phones' batteries are usually rated at lower capacity than day metro phones. Not complaining just observing.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Never forget that neither Cricket or any other cell phone carrier (MVNO or postpaid) manufactures the phone or battery. Your concern would be better directed to the phone manufacturer. Hint, it has nothing to do with Cricket.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by planeplane View Post
    Above. Got a new phone from cricket last week, great phone, good service, but accubattery app indicates it's battery capacity is only 90% of what it's suppose to be. OTOH,I got the same phone 6 months ago and when it was new, it checked it was 99% and still at 98% capacity.

I've bought several phone over the past years, and have noticed that cricket phones' batteries are usually rated at lower capacity than day metro phones. Not complaining just observing.
    Run the battery down to ~20% and recharge a couple of times and see what it says. Lithium batteries don't reach their full capacity until they are cycled a few times. Cycling will also recalibrate the charge controler.

Device(s)
    Cricket Moto g7 supra,metro Moto g7pwr, visible g7bpwr
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,visible,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    Never forget that neither Cricket or any other cell phone carrier (MVNO or postpaid) manufactures the phone or battery. Your concern would be better directed to the phone manufacturer. Hint, it has nothing to do with Cricket.
    Yeah I realize that and that's one of the things that really puzzles me. In the last three to four years I probably bought 20 to 25 Motorola phones lots of g7s G8's and now the stylus models.

It was more comparable when I was buying only G7's and both models were available both from Metro and cricket, at least five or more more from each carrier and then some used ones too. The new ones from cricket were almost always rated 3-5% lower than same Metro model. However I did buy a stylus 5g with 99 % from cricket a few months ago, burger however, the one I got last week is only 90%. (Best phones I've ever used, for the price).

I'm really not complaining ,as these are great phones, great prices,service is great. I just wondered if anybody else had made this observation.

Just wish all my problems were this trivial.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks..........

Feedback Score
    You have two Hofo accounts. Why?
    Check out this page: https://www.visible.com/get/36csHv, it has all the info you need to know about joining Visible.
    When you use my friend code, 36csHv, you’ll get your first month of service for only $5!

Join my Party Pay Group 38,147 members (no information is shared with other members)
    https://visible.com/p/Reddit_Upvote & never pay more than $25 a month.

Visible $25/mo
    Liberty 09.06.2022
    TMo 01.05.22
    Truphone 01.18.22

Feedback Score
    If I remember correctly, some 5 or more years ago, Howards url was somehow compromised, and access to the original url was not available for a few days. Somehow, there was an alternate url made available, with the only difference being one had an s and one didn't. I believe I had to use a different log on until the original one became useble again. Could be some wrong. Nothing nafaruous.

This was in the period when the forum (s) were very active.

Feedback Score
    I guess lol now I'm wondering why you continue to use both accounts.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 5T
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    I guess lol now I'm wondering why you continue to use both accounts.
    It’s the internet age way of talking to yourself.😆😆😆

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That's one way to keep a thread going........

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    For whatever reason, you're giving this a heck of a lot more talk than I ever do and I'd really forgot that I actually still had two. When my phone or the forum requires to re-log in, the logins are very similar, so I guess I don't pay any attention.

Edit: Oh I see what has called this to your attention as that both logons are in the same thread. For the contents of my original post, I typically have two or three phones that I use interchangeably one very new which I'm using now and when I was logging in with the new phone I use the different log on again I assure you this is there was nothing nefarious, as I was purely trying to obtain superfluous information.

Do you have anything to contribute to my original question?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    ...Do you have anything to contribute to my original question?
    Yes. I like the suggestion in post #3.