Thread: Cheapest smartphone plan

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Cheapest smartphone plan

I bought a straight talk iPhone 12 mini from Walmart for my middle schooler. I understand that it is locked for 12 months with straight talk.

Can somebody advice me what is the cheapest data plan I can buy for this device? Are there any pay as you go plans too?

The straight talk website has limited options but I understand there are many other unpublished plans.
    Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dollar500 View Post
    I bought a straight talk iPhone 12 mini from Walmart for my middle schooler. I understand that it is locked for 12 months with straight talk.

Can somebody advice me what is the cheapest data plan I can buy for this device? Are there any pay as you go plans too?

The straight talk website has limited options but I understand there are many other unpublished plans.
    Thanks in advance
    First, don't activate it with ST. You can activate it on other Tracfone brands. The cheapest would be Page Plus paygo at $10 every 120 days. Usage is charged at 6/5/5 cents per minute/text/data MB. You should be able to activate it with the SIM that came with it. If you look at it, it probably is labeled Tracfone. Mine was for a ST phone.

The next step up in price and service units is probably Tracfone itself.

Feedback Score
    Since you mention wanting a data plan, PagePlus paygo may not be the ticket but another TF company instead of ST could be.
    Really need to know how the phone will be used. Kids seem to live on text and with allot of group texts and pictures that use MMS, the data can really add up. Any idea of how much talk/text/data may be used ? Has your schooler had a smartphone before where you know the usage?

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Yea, like the others said, you can get it rebranded to another Tracfone brand really easily.

Since I do not know how much talking you need, I will say I know about two cheaper unlimited plans. Tracfone has a $20 plan, and Total Wireless has a $25 plan. Both are unlimited talk/text.

I know there is other cheaper plans, but I look at the unlimited plans mainly because I know people that have switch to cell phone as their main phone anymore.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thank you all it is very helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo