Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Purchase of TF plan from eBay TF store

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score

Purchase of TF plan from eBay TF store

I ordered a plan card from TF's eBay store. I thought they were supposed to email a PIN, but the confirmation email seemed to say it's a physical plan card that will be shipped and arrive the 9th. The description said they'd send a pin. Quote:

You will receive a confirmation email from TracFone soon after your purchase to retrieve your Digital PIN.
    End quote.

The pin came after a wait and I tried to activate on the TF website. It went fine until it told me to log in. Somehow I hit the password reset for my account and it all ended there. The phone didn't activate.

I started a chat and the CSR was able to restore the plan and activate the phone.

I thought for sure I lost the loot because the mistake was mine, but wanted to say thank you for CSRs who do know how to fix problems!

Decided to post here so anyone who is inexperienced with buying plan pins on TF eBay store will know how it works. And what to do if something goes wrong!

This is the first time I've gotten a plan that way.

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    I will add that when I put $5/texts add on in the cart at the TF website, it didn't offer me the years service extension.

Maybe I'll try again once in a while.

I played spin the wheel twice, once yesterday and once just now. 10 points yesterday and 5 today.

I plan to use my 7000 pending add a line points for two $25/60 day plan cards when they mature.

Hopefully they haven't discontinued the 49.99 years service add on. But I think someone recently documented that they got it as an offer, so maybe they don't always offer it. Maybe it's like spin the wheel. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Sent from my moto e (XT2052DL) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2, SE 1, iPhone 6S, Samsung A51
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    I still see it. I always see it w/ my TF branded accounts.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 97
Size:  26.3 KB

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Add the 365 day to the cart, subtract the $5 text and get kicked out. Put this url
    https://www.tracfone.com/checkout in browser address field, enter
    and back in with just 365 day. Someone as I recall tried it one time and bought it solo.

Name:  new.JPG
Views: 101
Size:  29.6 KB

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    They are also offering the 1GB for $8. That combined with a promo code (when available) can really bring the data price down when using cash.

Name:  new2.JPG
Views: 100
Size:  12.7 KB
    Last edited by tomseys; 12-03-2021 at 09:54 AM. Reason: added: when available

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); Moto G Power 2020 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Are there any current, valid promo codes that affect the cost of the data add-on? Just looking a Turk Forums now and not seeing any. Seems like the last report about it was Nov. 1 that it had expired.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Wow I didn't even think to look there first since there is usually something there.
    I tried some of the older ones and a so-called December one just now but so far nothings working.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    I will add that when I put $5/texts add on in the cart at the TF website, it didn't offer me the years service extension.

Maybe I'll try again once in a while.

I played spin the wheel twice, once yesterday and once just now. 10 points yesterday and 5 today.

I plan to use my 7000 pending add a line points for two $25/60 day plan cards when they mature.

Hopefully they haven't discontinued the 49.99 years service add on. But I think someone recently documented that they got it as an offer, so maybe they don't always offer it. Maybe it's like spin the wheel. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
    I went to do this for a relative's phone a couple of weeks ago. When I put a $10 basic "card" in the cart, the $50 one year service was not offered at checkout. When I put a $20 basic "card" in the cart the $50 one year service WAS offered.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Verizon gremlins at work changing Tracfone?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    I still see it. I always see it w/ my TF branded accounts.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 97
Size:  26.3 KB
    Do you use a computer to access the TF site when you see the offer, or do you also see it on your cellphone chrome browser?

I used a cellphone with chrome browser and it didn't show up, just the add ons and a protection plan.

I should try it on my Chromebook.

I had read elsewhere awhile ago in the forum that it shows up sometimes depending on what browser or some other trick.

Thank you for the info, because I'll keep trying.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    I went to do this for a relative's phone a couple of weeks ago. When I put a $10 basic "card" in the cart, the $50 one year service was not offered at checkout. When I put a $20 basic "card" in the cart the $50 one year service WAS offered.
    Is the phone a flip or a smartphone? I usually can't get the basic cards with my smartphones.

I will just keep trying.

I need to extend service on the phone before January 1st. My add a line points probably won't be available by then to use for buying plan cards.

Feedback Score
    Is the phone a flip or a smartphone? I usually can't get the basic cards with my smartphones.

I will just keep trying.

I need to extend service on the phone before January 1st. My add a line points probably won't be available by then to use for buying plan cards.

I’ve been able to get the $20/90 day basic plan on my BYOP smartphone twice in the last few weeks. Most days it didn’t work; either didn’t show up, or said the number I was applying it to wasn’t eligible for that plan. No rhyme or reason. I’ve been trying to convert my rewards points to service time.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Do you use a computer to access the TF site when you see the offer, or do you also see it on your cellphone chrome browser?

I used a cellphone with chrome browser and it didn't show up, just the add ons and a protection plan.

I should try it on my Chromebook.

I had read elsewhere awhile ago in the forum that it shows up sometimes depending on what browser or some other trick.

Thank you for the info, because I'll keep trying.

Yeah I use a computer (laptop or netbook). I usually visit the TF site with the Firefox browser on my HP laptop and that's when I see it. I've been having problems with Firefox lately so I've been using Chrome more and more and that's fine as well. It pretty much always shows up for me no matter what I put in the cart as long as the account is TF branded. I've read of people sometimes not seeing it so maybe sometimes it doesn't show briefly for whatever reason. Lately though it's always there for me. I don't recall last time I haven't seen it.

I always get the basic cards too on the laptop. Sometimes they are tripled - I guess in that case it may be because account had TMFL at one point in past. Though i haven't really checked for that lately.
    Last edited by tomseys; 12-03-2021 at 03:54 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    I tried again. I used my Moto E browser to log in. I added $10/1 gb data and the years service for 49.99 showed up.

I removed the data add on from the cart and had to start over.

I added $5/1000 texts and the years plan showed up again.

I went ahead and bought it. Figured it was worth it. Now my service on the E is out to 1/1/23.

They should sell this as an option like a plan card, not just have it show up sometimes and sometimes not. They should just say it has to be purchased with an add on or plan, but since many already have a lot of airtime and don't need anything but service extension, it might not hurt just to sell it as a stand alone add on.

I tried to spin the wheel and they said come back again tomorrow. That's one of the choices on the wheel, so my 5&10 point wins the last two days were better than nada.

Sent from my moto e (XT2052DL) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    ... I usually can't get the basic cards with my smartphones. ....
    Recently, I have been using this link on my laptop to force tracfone to show me Basic plans. It has worked every time for me recently.

I ignore the "already a customer?" box, and scroll down. It then shows me Smartphone Plans, Basic Plans, and Other Plans.

Oops, here's the link: https://www.tracfone.com/shop/plans
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code RBKV-896C. You get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or a brand new phone! and you get a huge thank-you for helping me!

To those who already have Tracfone - this Holiday season, please consider using my referral code (instead of doing a self-referral) if you sign up for new service - you’ll get great karma! and my eternal gratitude!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast