Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Purchase of TF plan from eBay TF store

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    Is the phone a flip or a smartphone? I usually can't get the basic cards with my smartphones.

I will just keep trying.

I need to extend service on the phone before January 1st. My add a line points probably won't be available by then to use for buying plan cards.
    The phone is a TF branded smartphone, a Samsung ON(something). I think, but I'm not sure, the units triple. I've always been able to find the basic cards using a Windows computer and Chrome or Firefox browsers.

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    Recently, I have been using this link on my laptop to force tracfone to show me Basic plans. It has worked every time for me recently.

I ignore the "already a customer?" box, and scroll down. It then shows me Smartphone Plans, Basic Plans, and Other Plans.

Oops, here's the link: https://www.tracfone.com/shop/plans
    Yes, thank you, I tried the link and it shows me all the plans.

Of course if I want to get a basic plan I can buy a plan pin in different places, but it's useful to see what's current at TF.

Sent from my LGL355DL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    The phone is a TF branded smartphone, a Samsung ON(something). I think, but I'm not sure, the units triple. I've always been able to find the basic cards using a Windows computer and Chrome or Firefox browsers.
    I haven't applied the basic cards to any smartphones lately but last time I did, it tripled in the three buckets.

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, LG Q7+, LG Q6, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    I haven't applied the basic cards to any smartphones lately but last time I did, it tripled in the three buckets.
    I activated a Moto G Stylus last week with a $9.99 30-day "card" that I bought on TF web site, it gave me 30/30/30. After that, I used points from another account to add a $20 basic "card", it gave me 60/60/60. I was mainly going for the service days, so I didn't really mind that it didn't triple. Tried to add more Basic cards, hoping get it to 360 days cheaply, but it wouldn't let me add any more Basic cards after the 1st one.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I activated a Moto G Stylus last week with a $9.99 30-day "card" that I bought on TF web site, it gave me 30/30/30. After that, I used points from another account to add a $20 basic "card", it gave me 60/60/60. I was mainly going for the service days, so I didn't really mind that it didn't triple. Tried to add more Basic cards, hoping get it to 360 days cheaply, but it wouldn't let me add any more Basic cards after the 1st one.
    When it didn't allow you to add more basic plan card pins, did you try to add the pin and it rejected it?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    When it didn't allow you to add more basic plan card pins, did you try to add the pin and it rejected it?
    No, it basically said the card selected is not compatible with the device, and didn't let me buy/redeem the basic card for that (smart)phone. I tried later with different browsers, clearing cache, etc but still no luck.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy A32 5G, Moto G Stylus 2021, Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    No, it basically said the card selected is not compatible with the device, and didn't let me buy/redeem the basic card for that (smart)phone. I tried later with different browsers, clearing cache, etc but still no luck.
    Verizon is making changes to some Straight Talk plans so their probably messing with the TF plans too. Guess the days of getting cheap refills for smartphones are over.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    If a person bought a basic plan pin at callingmart, on eBay or anywhere else but the TF site, couldn't the pin be used even if it was a smartphone?

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    If a person bought a basic plan pin at callingmart, on eBay or anywhere else but the TF site, couldn't the pin be used even if it was a smartphone?
    You can. If the phone has TMFL (my BYOP phone was "grandfathered" with TMFL), then the basic card will triple. If not, you'll only get the face value of the card, which isn't a good deal unless you mainly want the service days.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    You can. If the phone has TMFL (my BYOP phone was "grandfathered" with TMFL), then the basic card will triple. If not, you'll only get the face value of the card, which isn't a good deal unless you mainly want the service days.
    It's usually the service days I want because I don't use that many minutes. That's why I wanted the option of buying a 90 day 60 minutes basic card pin. At $19.99 it's one of the cheapest ways to add 90 days, but the 49.99 year's service is far better.

Since I've been buying the TF store eBay bundles, I haven't needed to top up at all. Just extend service.

Sent from my moto e (XT2052DL) using HoFo mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2