Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Phone IMEI doesn't match what TF shows

Carrier(s)
    tracfone
    Feedback Score

Phone IMEI doesn't match what TF shows

Hey guys;
    I just happened to be looking at my account info on TF and realized that the IMEI of my active phone is not the same number that appears on the left side of the blue bar under Active Devices.

OTOH, I just added my new (TF branded) Galaxy A51 to my account. I have not yet activated this phone, as I am going to switch my account to the new phone shortly.
    When I added the new phone using the automated website, I first entered the IMEI provided on the TF 'Start Here' pamphlet. But TF automated system didn't like that IMEI I had typed in. I don't recall the exact message, but it was something along the lines that TF did not recognize the phone.
    So I tried again, this time entering the SIM card #. TF accepted this and I now have another phone registered.
    The funny thing is that when I look at the blue bar for this phone, the IMEI of the phone does match what TF shows.

I'm not at all sure I want to trust the TF automated system to transfer my account to the new phone, so I will probably do a chat session.
    Maybe while I'm doing that I can ask the agent about the IMEI discrepancy.

Anyone have any idea of why this would happen?
    Thanks
    Ultrarunner

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Did you ever move the SIMs around into another phone?

Is the red sheet's SIM and IMEI the same as the SIM and IMEI in the phone?

You can see the IMEI and SIM number in the "About Phone" menu.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    That depends on what version of Android the phone is running. With Android 10 and up, Google, in its infinite wisdom, is blocking display of the ICCID.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    My G7 Optimo Maxx shows the ICCID when I went into the "About phone" menu under "SIM status" menu, and IMEI is listed as "MEID" tho.

All the Samsung phones that I have shows the ICCID in the "SIM card status" menu and IMEI in the "IMEI information" menu which both are in the "Status information" menu.

Feedback Score
    My G7 Optimo Maxx shows the ICCID when I went into the "About phone" menu under "SIM status" menu, and IMEI is listed as "MEID" tho.

All the Samsung phones that I have shows the ICCID in the "SIM card status" menu and IMEI in the "IMEI information" menu which both are in the "Status information" menu.
    What Android version are the phones running? My Samsung Galaxy s10e is running 11 and does not show ICCID in SIM status.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I can see the ICCID on the A51, A50, and A10e which all has Android 11 too.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy A32 5G, Moto G Stylus 2021, Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    My Samsung Galaxy A32 5G with Android 11 is showing the ICCID.

Carrier(s)
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Did you ever move the SIMs around into another phone?

Is the red sheet's SIM and IMEI the same as the SIM and IMEI in the phone?

Yes. The red sheet's IMEI (S/N) and SIM #'s match what is in the phone.
    The phone was running Android 9 when I purchased it, and was upgraded to 10 at some point. I have owned the phone since July 2020.

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, LG Q7+, LG Q6, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    What Android version are the phones running? My Samsung Galaxy s10e is running 11 and does not show ICCID in SIM status.
    My unlocked Pixel 4a and TF-branded Moto G Stylus both run Android 11, and they show the ICCID in SIM status. I have an app called SIM Tool Manager, and on a phone with Android 11 it says the SIM Serial Number and Subscriber ID are not available. So it sounds like Android 11 doesn't make the SIM number available to apps, but the phone's firmware can access and display that info.

Carrier(s)
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I don't know what's going on with TF.
    I managed to transfer my account to my new Galaxy A11 - using the automated tool.
    But after submitting the request to the automated tool, I received a non-descript receipt with a ticket #.
    My phone # was listed, and the service end date (which remained the same). There was absolutely no other information about exactly what was going to happen.
    However, when I was using the automated tool, it stated that the request could take 24-48 hours (I think that was the time range) to complete.
    That caused me much concern, as I pictured my old phone suddenly stops working while I am out. So I would be left with no phone.
    I figured I had made a mistake to attempt to use the automated tool, so I opened a chat session with TF.

After a bit of confusion about my phone #, the agent reported that the A51 was my active phone. I checked the phone, and it had service. I was able to place a call.
    The agent provided me with my current balances, which are correct.
    But I could not make him/her understand my question about the wrong IMEI showing up in their records for my Moto G7.
    I'm hoping that someone from TF (Alex I expect) might read this thread and PM me.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ultrarunner2015 View Post
    Yes. The red sheet's IMEI (S/N) and SIM #'s match what is in the phone.
    The phone was running Android 9 when I purchased it, and was upgraded to 10 at some point. I have owned the phone since July 2020.
    Sounds like something got messed up sometime and somehow, but not sure what or how tho

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2, SE 1, iPhone 6S, Samsung A51
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    I'm hoping that someone from TF (Alex I expect) might read this thread and PM me.
    He'll likely provide you with a chat link after apologizing (nothing again AlexTrac ).

I think in general though, it's good to use chat for stuff like activations and transfers etc this way you can "record" exactly what was said and done and refer back to it should things go wrong.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy A32 5G, Moto G Stylus 2021, Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I don't know what's going on with TF.
    Verizon... I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2, SE 1, iPhone 6S, Samsung A51
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    He'll likely provide you with a chat link after apologizing (nothing again AlexTrac ). .
    Alex PM'ed me after a short back and forth and said that they can arrange for the Corporate office to call back to help with more difficult issues. Not sure if he meant through him or by requesting it during a chat like one would normally attempt.

Alex, I don't know if you are reading this, but your PM box is full.
    It states "AlexTrac has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."
    Thanks.
    Last edited by tomseys; 12-04-2021 at 07:55 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    Alex PM'ed me after a short back and forth and said that they can arrange for the Corporate office to call back to help with more difficult issues.
    Tomseys, I know you remember all of the trouble I've had with TracFone regarding VoLTE because you tried to help me with that issue numerous times. I've had them say I will receive a call back about 8-10 times and have NEVER received a call from them. I hope getting a call back from them plays out better for you than it has for me! Good luck
    Roadtrip

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast