Thread: Using discount to upgrade 3g phone

Feedback Score

Using discount to upgrade 3g phone

I just tried to use the discount to upgrade my 3g phone. I signed onto the website which took me to my account and clicked on the link to see which phones were available. It then asked for.my phone number and then zip code. I picked a refurbed SE, put it in the cart with the required time card. It didn't show the discount and I was afraid to go further and be charged full price. Chat came up as I was doing this so I asked about.the djscount. I was told.the price on the phone reflected the discount and I replied that the price was the same as before a discount. I saw this was going.nowhere so backed out of everything and headed over here where I can get real help.

How.do I get the discount that they offered? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks so much!!

Feedback Score
    The discount isn't available on every phone. Look at the header/banner at the top of each phone pic, and it will tell you which phones the discount will apply for, and the price indicated is the discounted price. (If applicable.)

Make sure you enter the phone number of the line that received the discount offer. If you enter a different phone #, you won't see the discounted phones.
    My Tello referral code is P3BSR5HV, and gets both of us 10 Tello Dollars to pay for a plan.
    https://tello.com/account/register?_referral=P3BSR5HV

Feedback Score
    I've checked by signing in and putting in the 3g phone number. I also tried without signing and just looking at phones. The offerings are the same and the headers say things like "get yours today" and " great deal". I'm thinking since nothing is changing that the offer isn't good although it is still in my account. I never got an email about it and the app on my phone doesn't mention it

Thanks for trying.

Device(s)
    Moto G Power, Samsung A50
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Total Wireless, Simple Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I had an account with the discount on it. I never used it but it has disappeared

Feedback Score
    My account still shows the offer but no phones show the discount. So maybe it did expire Nov 30 as others have reported

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pitflyer View Post
    My account still shows the offer but no phones show the discount. So maybe it did expire Nov 30 as others have reported
    I wonder if the Nov 30 cut-off date had anything to do with the acquisition closing date - getting as many customers converted to Verizon before the acquisition was finalized?

In which case, now that the acquisition is finalized, what happens to a new customer who activates BYOP service on TF-AT&T and uses an "incompatible" BYOP phone? Do you think that Tracfone's generosity of giving discounts toward new phones will end, now that the Verizon deal is sealed?
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code RBKV-896C. You get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or a brand new phone! and you get a huge thank-you for helping me!

To those who already have Tracfone - this Holiday season, please consider using my referral code (instead of doing a self-referral) if you sign up for new service - you’ll get great karma! and my eternal gratitude!