Thread: Anyway I can get put onto an grandfathered plan?

Feedback Score

Anyway I can get put onto an grandfathered plan?

I'm on an grandfather plan. Select Choice $20 with unlimited data/text/talk. $20 unlimited tablet plan. free digits beta AW plan. I Like to know if possible, Can I switch the tablet plan to an older grandfather government plan? Or do I need to be involved with the government to get it? I just want it for the not subjected to de-prioritization part. Since LTE/5g is beyond good enough here. I'm getting 500Mb/s during the day. But since the tablet plan, I have now doesn't specifically say I can use my Laptop (Built in 4g LTE Slot), even tho T-Mobile claims I'm fine. I just hate having the speeds be limited (25Mb/s Down).

This is the one I want.
    Government Simple Choice Mobile Internet Unlimited $35 (SOC VUNLMBBG)
    "•Unlimited data (not subject to de-prioritization)
    •Unlimited domestic messaging
    •Smartphone Mobile Hotspot
    •Domestic data roaming
    •Simple Global
    •Stateside International Unlimited Texting
    •Music Freedom"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iNICK20 View Post
    I'm on an grandfather plan. Select Choice $20 with unlimited data/text/talk. $20 unlimited tablet plan. free digits beta AW plan. I Like to know if possible, Can I switch the tablet plan to an older grandfather government plan? Or do I need to be involved with the government to get it? I just want it for the not subjected to de-prioritization part. Since LTE/5g is beyond good enough here. I'm getting 500Mb/s during the day. But since the tablet plan, I have now doesn't specifically say I can use my Laptop (Built in 4g LTE Slot), even tho T-Mobile claims I'm fine. I just hate having the speeds be limited (25Mb/s Down).

This is the one I want.
    •Domestic data roaming
    •Simple Global
    •Music Freedom"
    Reminds me of the old Sprint SERO plans. Got to find somebody with one and do a transfer of liability (account takeover).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iNICK20 View Post

This is the one I want.
    •Domestic data roaming
    •Simple Global
    •Music Freedom"
    Are you sure that LTE card in your laptop has all the required bands? What's the model of card? Category of LTE?

IF T-Mobile were throttling you on this plan, you'd be getting 500-600kb/sec, not 25Mbps.

This just literally sounds like the laptop card is a lower Cat of LTE than your tablet, and is acting accordingly.

My old HP windows laptop around here has a SIM slot that's unlocked, but does not have all the bands for T-Mobile and usually gets 15-25Mbps due to it only connecting to Band 2/4 on T-Mobile, and no CA support on said card.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT$T: $50 Unlimited Elite Prepaid promo (for more “rural” areas)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    Are you sure that LTE card in your laptop has all the required bands? What's the model of card? Category of LTE?

IF T-Mobile were throttling you on this plan, you'd be getting 500-600kb/sec, not 25Mbps.

This just literally sounds like the laptop card is a lower Cat of LTE than your tablet, and is acting accordingly.

My old HP windows laptop around here has a SIM slot that's unlocked, but does not have all the bands for T-Mobile and usually gets 15-25Mbps due to it only connecting to Band 2/4 on T-Mobile, and no CA support on said card.
    DW5820E.
    Model number Intel XMM 7360 Global LTE-Advanced (DW5820e) CAT9
    Form factor M.2 3042 form factor
    Transfer rate Up to 450 Mbps DL/50 Mbps UL (Cat 9)
    Frequency bands supported (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 26, 28, 29, 30, 38, 39, 40, 41, 66), HSPA+ (1, 2, 4, 5, 8)

The only one, I don't see is band 71.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Cat 9, up to 450Mbps (in a lab).. 25-50Mbps "real world" is about the best i'd expect out of it unless you're the only one on the sector/cell site, as i'm betting it's only got an antenna for two mimo layers, and there's no mention of carrier aggregation in any specs I can find, so it's likely got minimal, if any support at all.

Again, if T-Mobile were actually throttling you, it'd be 600kbps... not 25Mbps, and is likely a limitation of the hardware and/or antenna configuration of the module itself.

Feedback Score

Anyway I can get put onto an grandfathered plan?

For comparison, integrated WLAN in a 2020-built Lenovo P53:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk