Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: 1000 Messaging Plan

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The United States of America
    Posts
    482
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0

    1000 Messaging Plan

    Is the 1000 messaging plan for $10 still available? I'm on the Nationwide 450 with the grandfathered UDP on my iPhone but I've sent a lot of texts lately to the point the $10 is cheaper than paying per message. If so, how does one get it because I can't find it on my Verizon account.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,228
    Feedback Score
    0
    I think they did away with that option about five years ago. Is there any option at all for upgrading messaging? I think I may have gotten unlimited messages for $10. I no longer have the UDP, so I'm going by memory.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The United States of America
    Posts
    482
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    I think they did away with that option about five years ago. Is there any option at all for upgrading messaging? I think I may have gotten unlimited messages for $10. I no longer have the UDP, so I'm going by memory.
    I thought it was $10 for 1000 messages or an extra $20 to change the plan to 450 minutes with unlimited texting. I looked at changing plans and I would end up paying a lot more per month due to the company discount I have now.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    147
    Feedback Score
    0
    If you’re in the nationwide 450 you should be able to get on the nationwide unlimited talk & text. That’s what mine is, for $59.99/mo.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The United States of America
    Posts
    482
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by VoIP2TDM View Post
    If you’re in the nationwide 450 you should be able to get on the nationwide unlimited talk & text. That’s what mine is, for $59.99/mo.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can't see that option on My Verizon. It only lists the new plans. Is it still available through calling customer service?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    147
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ItnStln View Post
    I can't see that option on My Verizon. It only lists the new plans. Is it still available through calling customer service?
    I haven’t tried. Unless there was a version before mine called just the nationwide 450 with no text included.

    For a while after these plans became unavailable to new subscribers, we could still pick among 450/900/unlimited in our “bucket” of options.

    I don’t see this in the app any longer, unfortunately, but maybe calling customer care will yield better results.

    I’d step up to Unlimited and Unlimited text, because you never know when they might take THAT option away, if they haven’t already.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The United States of America
    Posts
    482
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by VoIP2TDM View Post
    I haven’t tried. Unless there was a version before mine called just the nationwide 450 with no text included.

    For a while after these plans became unavailable to new subscribers, we could still pick among 450/900/unlimited in our “bucket” of options.

    I don’t see this in the app any longer, unfortunately, but maybe calling customer care will yield better results.

    I’d step up to Unlimited and Unlimited text, because you never know when they might take THAT option away, if they haven’t already.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks! There was a 450 minute with no texting plan available at the same time as the 450 minutes with unlimited text. Now that I no. longer have my iPhone that $0.25 per text is adding up. I'll reach out to them on Monday, thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 65
    Last Post: 01-25-2011, 01:25 PM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-11-2008, 08:54 PM
  3. Is there a PDA data plan that allows tethering AND has 1000 messages?
    By rdef in forum Other AT&T PDAs/Smartphones
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-18-2007, 02:33 PM
  4. 1000 text message plan changed to 200 plan
    By kpollari in forum AT&T
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-16-2006, 03:24 PM
  5. Have a sprint startac for sale with 1000 min plan $50 mo
    By Yami in forum GSM phone Buy/Sell/Trade Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-18-2001, 11:56 AM

Bookmarks