Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wi-Fi calling working on my TF/Verizon iPhone

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2, SE 1, Samsung A51, Moto E 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score

Wi-Fi calling working on my TF/Verizon iPhone

Just noticed that Wi-Fi calling is working on a refurbed TF branded iPhone SE 2020 I bought a month ago. It was not working when I checked it earlier on this phone. First time I've seen this on a TF/V iPhone. Here is how it looks on a TF iPhone:

Name:  IMG_0006.PNG
Views: 105
Size:  5.6 KB

Added: I don't know why it's only working on this one all of a sudden and not on my other iPhones including an unlocked BYOP one from Apple.
    Last edited by tomseys; 12-25-2021 at 07:13 PM. Reason: ...

Feedback Score
    I had thought that iPhones, being iPhones, are "fully-compliant" with every requirement that carriers have. (I'm not very familiar with iPhones).
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code RBKV-896C. You get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or a brand new phone! and you get a huge thank-you for helping me!

To those who already have Tracfone - this Holiday season, please consider using my referral code (instead of doing a self-referral) if you sign up for new service - you’ll get great karma! and my eternal gratitude!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    Just noticed that Wi-Fi calling is working on a refurbed TF branded iPhone SE I bought a month ago. It was not working when I checked it earlier on this phone. First time I've seen this on a TF/V iPhone. Here is how it looks on a TF iPhone:

Added: I don't know why it's only working on this one all of a sudden and not on my other iPhones including an unlocked BYOP one from Apple.
    I was able to enable it when I activated a Moto E(2020) on 12/6/21 with a TF Verizon SIM. They allowed me to register a home address for E911. I have not been able to determine if it works. Putting the phone in Airplane mode and turning Wifi back on did not work. No time to fiddle with it now.

Doesn't really matter to me. I get Wifi calling with Google Voice on the phone. The GV number is the one I want to use anyway.

Merry

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    I had thought that iPhones, being iPhones, are "fully-compliant" with every requirement that carriers have. (I'm not very familiar with iPhones).
    They usually are good with stuff but I think it's on the TF side where the problem is I don't know for sure.

Good to see one working though. I guess everything will have working wi-fi soon with V in charge now, hopefully.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    I was able to enable it when I activated a Moto E(2020) on 12/6/21 with a TF Verizon SIM. They allowed me to register a home address for E911. I have not been able to determine if it works. Putting the phone in Airplane mode and turning Wifi back on did not work. No time to fiddle with it now.

Doesn't really matter to me. I get Wifi calling with Google Voice on the phone. The GV number is the one I want to use anyway.

Merry
    I think hpham mentioned recently that his Moto E 2020 also doesn't have working Wi-fi calling if I remember correctly.
    But his other Moto's do work as well as some Samsungs.

I can do the same with my iPhones that don't work. Put in the emergency address, turn it on etc, but it still doesn't work.

I have two TF Samsungs, an A20 and A51, and both have working Wi-Fi calling.
    And now I guess the one TF iPhone SE.

I was pretty surprised to see it since it wasn't working earlier and I thought for sure my others would have it now but no.

Feedback Score
    I think hpham mentioned recently that his Moto E 2020 doesn't have working Wi-fi calling (test with wifi calling on, airplane mode on, wifi on, call) if I remember correctly. But his other Moto's do work as well as some Samsungs.

I can do the same with my iPhones that don't work. Put in the emergency address etc but it still doesn't work.

I have two TF Samsungs, an A20 and A51, and both have working Wi-Fi calling.
    And now I guess the one TF iPhone SE.
    I have a TF branded Moto G Power (2020) using TF/Verizon sim that has WiFi-Calling turned on and the e-911 address is set but the Airplane mode test does not work. Hpham has the same Phone and it works for him. Go figure.

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, LG Q7+, LG Q6, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    I think hpham mentioned recently that his Moto E 2020 also doesn't have working Wi-fi calling if I remember correctly.
    My Moto E 2020 does have WiFi Calling but I was not able to force a test by turning airplane ON then WiFi ON. It insisted that Airplane mode be turned off in order to make a call.

An interesting data point....This morning I activated my Moto E 2020 #2 to take advantage of the 60-day unlocking policy. I activated it with a $9.99 Basic card bought on TF web site. It prompted me to set up WiFi Calling so I did. Although the activation appeared to complete successfully, during the first 10 minutes or so the phone had no cell signal at all. When I tried to make a test call, it made the call using WiFi Calling. So I know a TF Moto E 2020 can make a WiFi Call if there's no cell signal.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    The only thing I did differently with this iPhone, was a I turned it off for a while. A bunch of days. I don't know if that caused some type of refresh or something but with the other iPhones that don't work, doing all the fast things that could simulate that seems to not change anything. Just odd that it didn't work and now does in the space of weeks.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    My Moto E 2020 does have WiFi Calling but I was not able to force a test by turning airplane ON then WiFi ON. It insisted that Airplane mode be turned off in order to make a call.
    Oh ok. What I meant was that Wi-Fi calling is not working with that force test.

Which I take possibly incorrectly as meaning wi-fi calling is not working.
    It just goes as far as accepting the address but it won't actually allow calls over Wi-Fi.

iPhones for a while had no Wi-Fi calling you could switch on and add the address.

Many months ago this changed, it offered it, but nothing really changed, you still can't make actual Wi-Fi calls with the force test and I presume then in any scenario but maybe I'm wrong.

Accept for my iPhone now

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    The only thing I did differently with this iPhone, was a I turned it off for a while. A bunch of days. I don't know if that caused some type of refresh or something...
    I've encountered that situation. On one of my Moto phones (can't remember which), when I tried to set up WiFi Calling it just spun for a while then timed out. I tried a few days later and was successful in setting up WiFi Calling.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post

An interesting data point....This morning I activated my Moto E 2020 #2 to take advantage of the 60-day unlocking policy. I activated it with a $9.99 Basic card bought on TF web site. It prompted me to set up WiFi Calling so I did. Although the activation appeared to complete successfully, during the first 10 minutes or so the phone had no cell signal at all. When I tried to make a test call, it made the call using WiFi Calling. So I know a TF Moto E 2020 can make a WiFi Call if there's no cell signal.
    Does the force test work on it now with it activated?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    I can't really keep these other phones off for long... be great if there was a short cut that worked.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Does the force test work on it now with it activated?
    Yep. On Moto E #2, I can force a WiFi Calling test call.

Name:  Moto-E-2020-WiFi-Calling.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  25.0 KB

Feedback Score
    I have spent many hours on the phone, with numerous reps and managers, trying to get WiFi calling on my TF (Verizon) iPhone SE 2020.

They all confirm the right sim is in the phone, have me take out the SIM card, reinsert it, turn this off, that on, reboot, and numerous other useless things. Then they pass me to a higher department, who have me do the same nonsense.

Then they say that WiFi calling *only* works on T-Mobile. And when I tell them I know that isn’t correct, and if it *is* correct, why didn’t they say that within the first minute and save us both all the time, they have no response.

I haven’t tried since Verizon took over; when I have several hours to waste, I’ll try again.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    If I go here: https://e911-reg.tracfone.com/wps/po...vZ0FBIS9nQSEh/

and I put in a TF/V byop iPhone SE 2020 or TF branded SE 2016 that I have that doesn't have working Wi-Fi calling (fails the force test), I get this message:

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 71
Size:  24.1 KB

But if I put in my TF branded iPhone SE 2020 that does have working Wi-Fi calling (passes the force test), I get this message:

Name:  newest.JPG
Views: 70
Size:  31.4 KB

The sim I have in my byop iphone SE 2020 that does not have working wifi calling is fresh from TF itself. I bought it from them to use for 5G phone activations a few weeks ago so this way "oldness" of sim would not be a factor with any 5G activations. So it has most up to date sim. And is up to date phone to say nothing of the other iPhone SE 2020 that does have working Wifi calling.

This is some goof on TF's end. These phones I reckon have not had Wi-Fi calling fully enabled properly.

Note: In the second image there is this language:

"Perfect! You can use Wi-Fi calling when you are out of network coverage or have a weak signal.

Before you can use your Wi-Fi Calling feature, you will need to Enable Wi-Fi Calling on your phone using instructions below. Once your Wi-Fi calling is enabled, you can test it by turning on the Airplane Mode On your phone and make a call or send an SMS."

What I take from that is if you can turn Wi-fi calling on (add address etc) but it doesn't work with airplane mode on (w/wifi on), then your wi-fi calling feature likely does not work at all since according to the above airplane mode on is a test of the feature.
    Last edited by tomseys; 12-26-2021 at 08:10 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast