Thread: Verizon to Verizon sim swapping

Carrier(s)
    Tracphone
    Feedback Score

Verizon to Verizon sim swapping

I got my elderly father a My Flip 2 phone for Christmas and it turns out to be more complicated than his old flip. Even more so than a basic smartphone! My question is can I simply swap the sim out of the TF My Flip2 into a TF Moto e6? Or do I have to transfer through TF with a new sim that came with the Moto e6?
    I believe I read on here somewhere that it is no longer a sim swap with Verizon anymore like At&t.

Thank you all for your assistance in advance and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skitty View Post
    I got my elderly father a My Flip 2 phone for Christmas and it turns out to be more complicated than his old flip. Even more so than a basic smartphone! My question is can I simply swap the sim out of the TF My Flip2 into a TF Moto e6? Or do I have to transfer through TF with a new sim that came with the Moto e6?
    I believe I read on here somewhere that it is no longer a sim swap with Verizon anymore like At&t.

Thank you all for your assistance in advance and MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    I have been learning from all the knowledgeable posts here, and my understanding is that sim-swapping a TF-Verizon sim is dangerous business!

You can transfer service to the Moto E6, but don't just put the flip's sim into the E6.
    Keep the sim that came with the E6 in the E6, and transfer service from the flip phone to the E6.
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code RBKV-896C. You get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or a brand new phone! and you get a huge thank-you for helping me!

To those who already have Tracfone - this Holiday season, please consider using my referral code (instead of doing a self-referral) if you sign up for new service - you’ll get great karma! and my eternal gratitude!

Carrier(s)
    Tracphone
    Feedback Score
    OK, got it. Thank you for the quick answer sillyette.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skitty View Post
    OK, got it. Thank you for the quick answer sillyette.
    Oh, you're absolutely welcome! Just happy to give back to the forum I have learned so much from!

Feedback Score
    I did a completely on website swap between two Tracfone Verizon devices and the service moved within five minutes and everything was preserved. It is easy. Login to your account and click activate with new SIM. Select keep your number and existing number should show. Hit submit and wait a few minutes and done.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pitflyer View Post
    I did a completely on website swap between two Tracfone Verizon devices and the service moved within five minutes and everything was preserved. It is easy. Login to your account and click activate with new SIM. Select keep your number and existing number should show. Hit submit and wait a few minutes and done.
    So are you saying that even though the sim is currently active, calling it a "new" sim it takes it ?
    Does it ask for the sim# ?

Feedback Score
    In my scenario the new SIM and phone are not currently active. So it's not a swap of two active services but instead an activation with transfer. Some people always do this via chat, but if it's on the same carrier I just do it online.

I did another one from ATT to VZW via chat. The agent said he had to call the porting department but they did all that and it went fine too

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pitflyer View Post
    In my scenario the new SIM and phone are not currently active. So it's not a swap of two active services but instead an activation with transfer. Some people always do this via chat, but if it's on the same carrier I just do it online.

I did another one from ATT to VZW via chat. The agent said he had to call the porting department but they did all that and it went fine too
    OK, that's different. Thought you were doing a swap of the sim, not a "transfer" to a new sim. I think that could always be done online without CSR interface. Thanks for clarifying.