Thread: question about 3g going away and lte

Device(s)
    lg beacon
    Carrier(s)
    metro pcs
    Feedback Score

question about 3g going away and lte

my wife has the lg aristo phone t mobile on the metro pcs plan the phone has the lte service and i understand that the 3g lte is going away sometime next july? so does anyone happen to know if t mobile will put the 4g volte on these phones?

also, i'm looking at getting an lg thinQ model phone if the lg aristo is not going to get the volte installed on it by t mobile. but have to find out if i get one say from ebay and it is locked to t mobile will it be able to work on metro pcs? seems there is a ton of these on ebay that are t mobile phones but locked to t mobile.

i have tracfone and i know they can be used on trackfone even if locked to t mobile as the lg k20 i got from ebay was said to be unlocked and turned out to be locked to t mobile but the tracfone sim worked good in it. but now tracfone tells me i have to get another phone because the lg k20 does not have the volte and they told me because it is not on the t mobile network it will not get any update for the volte. so tracfone gave me a samsung galaxy a21 phone, so now i have to see how that one works.

thanks, bp.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Keep in mind the LTE/VOLTE is not 3G and never has been. It is 4G. Some older phones operate on LTE which is data/only and lacks VoLTE. VoLTE includes voice and data over LTE. Older phones that only support LTE and not VOLTE are being phased out and customers must have a VoLTE-enabled device.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    lg beacon
    Carrier(s)
    metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    yes i know the phones that are 3g are not volte and the 4g are. the lg aristo has 4g capable but is not volte capable just yet.but the 3 g is said to be going away and that was my question.

i was wondering if anyone had any ideas if the lg aristo might get updated to become volte being it is 4g also?

also if t mobile allows metro pcs to work on t mobile phones that are locked for the t mobile service.

the last part was just saying that i had a locked lg k20 that did work on tracfone. thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by corvairbob View Post
    yes i know the phones that are 3g are not volte and the 4g are. the lg aristo has 4g capable but is not volte capable just yet.but the 3 g is said to be going away and that was my question.

i was wondering if anyone had any ideas if the lg aristo might get updated to become volte being it is 4g also?

also if t mobile allows metro pcs to work on t mobile phones that are locked for the t mobile service.

the last part was just saying that i had a locked lg k20 that did work on tracfone. thanks
    What I see about the Aristo says it has/can do VoLTE.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/dev...olte-lg-aristo

Device(s)
    lg beacon
    Carrier(s)
    metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    ok thanks but y phone does not have those settings as shown. so i guess we will see what metro sends her in a few months. if her phone does turn out to be going out of service then she will stop into a metro store and get another phone.

does anyone happen to know if a locked t mobile phone will work on the metro plans? i know the tracfone does because i got one by accident from ebay and it was locked to t mobile and i put the tracfone sim in it to see if it would work before i sent it back and it worked so i kept it. that was a lg k20 phone. thanks..

for some reason while im on this site answering i get a redirection that ublock origin keeps from opening up. so maybe this site has a bug in it. it kind of looks like a browser take over as the tab says chrome in it.

Device(s)
    Flip phone, Samsung J3 on Tello
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, H2O, Page Plus, Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    I tried my Tello sim in an Aristo 5 and it worked fine. Tello is supposed to work only with 4G - VOLTE. Tmo's website said it had VOLTE.

Device(s)
    lg beacon
    Carrier(s)
    metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    thanks. i may just get one from ebay and see how it goes. if it fails to work it may become a obdll screen. thanks for the insight. i'm thinking it will work for a metro sim being they are sister companies. if not maybe she can take it to metro and have them fix it. they are good units according to vs. again thanks