Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Moto E low memory error when using camera in apps

Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Moto E low memory error when using camera in apps

I searched the Moto forums and didn't see anything. I often get an error message when I am in my banking app and have to take pictures of the check front and back. I also get that error when entering information in a web page which requires using camera to submit a picture.

Anyone else have this issue or have any recommendations?
    TZ

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, LG Q7+, LG Q6, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Maybe try Disabling then Enabling the Camera app.

Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Ok thank you. I just did that. Hopefully it'll work next time I have to use the camera in an app/web page.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    How much storage have you used on the Moto E?

If you do not have a mircoSD card, you might need to get one to off load some storage. If you have one, your apps might have filled up the main storage.

Android does not like using microSD cards for app storage. It is mainly for photo and video storage from the camera app. I know some manufacturers have re-enabled storage for apps, but not that many do this.

Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post

If you do not have a mircoSD card, you might need to get one to off load some storage. If you have one, your apps might have filled up the main storage.

Android does not like using microSD cards for app storage. It is mainly for photo and video storage from the camera app. I know some manufacturers have re-enabled storage for apps, but not that many do this.
    Of the 32GB, 28.66 is used. I do use and SD card for camera storage 6.5 GB of 62GB used. I believe all my apps are in the Internal Memory.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Low memory error usually refers to a shortage of RAM, not storage. The Moto E 2020 has 2GB of RAM which should be adequate, unless the app(s) that the OP was running used a lot of memory.

Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I often get this when using the Chase app. Then I was in a web page which required a picture of my driver's license, and that errored. It was a real pain because every time it errored, it lost all the other information I had to enter on the page.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tzais01 View Post
    Of the 32GB, 28.66 is used. I do use and SD card for camera storage 6.5 GB of 62GB used. I believe all my apps are in the Internal Memory.
    29.8GB or maybe less is the REAL capacity of 32GB. You are darn near full.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

My plans:
    Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 09.06.22
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.03.23
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 01.18.22

Feedback Score
    Have you closed all of the apps and restarted the phone recently? Space used by cache builds up with app use over time. Android is supposed to take care of cleaning it up, but sometimes it doesn't do it very well. It's tedious, but you can go into each app and clear cache.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I often get this when using the Chase app. Then I was in a web page which required a picture of my driver's license, and that errored. It was a real pain because every time it errored, it lost all the other information I had to enter on the page.
    You can try a few things:
    * Go into the Camera app and clear its Storage & Cache.
    * Set the picture image to a lower resolution. It's still clear enough to capture details of driver's license, SS card, check, etc.
    * Run only one single app that will require taking a picture of a document.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Low memory error usually refers to a shortage of RAM, not storage. The Moto E 2020 has 2GB of RAM which should be adequate, unless the app(s) that the OP was running used a lot of memory.
    I know. I am not sure if the OP is this way, but I have local people that messes up RAM for storage and storage as RAM at times. There is even people that messes other meanings too.

With my J7 Crown, I would get error messages that it has low storage space, but I have never got a low RAM message.

With my dad's old J7 Sky Pro, he would get low storage space errors way more, but when he was running low in RAM, apps would crash more so then having a message.

Even with my older phones, I have not seen a phone complain about low RAM yet.

Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I know. I am not sure if the OP is this way, but I have local people that messes up RAM for storage and storage as RAM at times. There is even people that messes other meanings too.

With my J7 Crown, I would get error messages that it has low storage space, but I have never got a low RAM message.

With my dad's old J7 Sky Pro, he would get low storage space errors way more, but when he was running low in RAM, apps would crash more so then having a message.

Even with my older phones, I have not seen a phone complain about low RAM yet.
    The message I get says "memory low".

Feedback Score
    OP see post #8 that is the problem. Anytime your phone wants to store something internally there's literally not enough memory (space).

Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    OP see post #8 that is the problem. Anytime your phone wants to store something internally there's literally not enough memory (space).
    It used to be 16GB phones had no room for apps. Seems like 32 is not enough nowadays.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    It used to be 16GB phones had no room for apps. Seems like 32 is not enough nowadays.
    Apps keep getting larger because more features are added and the coding gets sloppier. I used to be a mainframe computer programmer from '77 to '85. When RAM memory and disk storage space were expensive, the programmers wrote "tight" codes, squeezing down every bit and byte. When RAM and disk space got cheaper, the coding got sloppier. Look at the capacity of microSD cards. It used to be that 64GB is a "large" card, now it's up to 1TB.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast