Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Incoming phone call 8:30 AM every day

Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Incoming phone call 8:30 AM every day

I don't believe this is Tracfone related, but I know some of you use Google Voice and it's probably related to that. My husband gets an incoming call every day of the week precisely at 8:30. The phone rings with his normal ringtone. The screen does not light up and there is virtually no way to answer the call. Nothing appears in his call logs both on TF and on Google Voice.

The GV account is not set to ring on any phone.

Any ideas?
    TZ

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tzais01 View Post
    I don't believe this is Tracfone related, but I know some of you use Google Voice and it's probably related to that. My husband gets an incoming call every day of the week precisely at 8:30. The phone rings with his normal ringtone. The screen does not light up and there is virtually no way to answer the call. Nothing appears in his call logs both on TF and on Google Voice.

The GV account is not set to ring on any phone.

Any ideas?
    Maybe an alarm-service app got a hold of the GV and/or cell phone number? Just throwing this out there in the hope that it will help. That's got to be so irritating!!
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code RBKV-896C. You get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or a brand new phone! and you get a huge thank-you for helping me!

To those who already have Tracfone - this Holiday season, please consider using my referral code (instead of doing a self-referral) if you sign up for new service - you’ll get great karma! and my eternal gratitude!

Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Yes I thought of something like an alarm, but didn't think about a 3rd party app.

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, LG Q7+, LG Q6, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    One way to test is putting his phone in airplane mode around 8:20AM and turn off WiFi. If it still rings at 8:30AM then it's NOT a call (cell or GV). If it does not ring, then the next day put the phone in Airplane mode and turn on WiFi, if it rings then it's a GV call.

Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I thought of that. I turned on airplane mode but was going to keep wifi on to rule out call to cell number. I'll turn wifi off too.

Device(s)
    Flip phone, Samsung J3 on Tello
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, H2O, Page Plus, Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    If it's the same number, why not just get on your GV website and block the number? or
    Save the number to Contacts.
    Go into contacts, edit # you just saved. Select ringtone, pick "none". Most better phones have this option.
    If that's not a choice, create a blank file, name it none.mp3 and copy it to the directory the ringtones are in.
    A blank or no sound mp3 file can be created with a voice recorder app.

Wife asks husband "Since when is our number belong to the Weather Service?" "Some woman just called and asked if the coast was clear".

Edit: I missed the part about no number shown. Check notifications see if some reminder app is doing it.
    Last edited by dfriz; 12-31-2021 at 12:52 PM.

Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dfriz View Post
    If it's the same number,
    What number? There is no number.

Feedback Score
    It might be coming from the Clock app on the phone.

Try clearing the cache and data.

Restart the phone.

Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    It might be coming from the Clock app on the phone.
    Try clearing the cache and data.

Restart the phone.
    I've checked clock and alarms, but I'll clear cache, data and restart.

Thanks everyone, hopefully we'll figure this out.

Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    SO this morning with Airplane Mode on and WIFI off, there was no call/ringing at 8:30. I guess tomorrow we try with WIFI on. Thanks for everyone's help so far.

Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    This morning, I had Airplane mode on and Wifi on. I had even changed my GV sound setting so a ring would be a different tone, even though same setting have no GV calls ringing to phone. The call - or should I say ringing came at 8:30 and was his standard ring tone. I went through all his apps and deleted any notifications and found no alerts. I really don't want to do a factory reset to his phone. I learned that Verizon has a wakeup call feature. Could it be that although it's TF-Vz? I couldn't find any way to have it turned off if it was. Also, it was via Wifi presumably and not network since airplane mode was on.

I have researched this off and on for months. One suggestion I read was to put a DND schedule from 8:29 to 8:31 daily. So that's what I did. It kills me not to resolve something, but at least the irritating phone ring every day should be no more.

Thanks everyone.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    * Airplane ON, WiFi OFF = no ringing.
    * Airplane ON, WiFi ON = ringing.

I think it's some kind of push notification from a web site. Does Google Calendar have any kind of daily reminder/notification?

Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I looked at those and disabled all notifications.

Feedback Score
    You have mentioned "calls" at 8:30 then talked about turning off notifications for some apps. Have you determined whether it is a noiticaion or a ring? You can set different sounds for each. In fact, you can set different notification sounds for different apps. You can also set different ringtones for different callers in your contacts. I would think that by playing with the various sound settings you could determine where it is coming from. If you suspect it is an app, you can force stop certain apps and see if it ceases.

Another idea would be to start the phone in safe mode. That will disable all 3rd party apps, only allowing system apps to run. That might narrow it down too.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drooper View Post
    You have mentioned "calls" at 8:30 then talked about turning off notifications for some apps. Have you determined whether it is a noticaion or a ring?
    The OP is still trying to determine if the sound is a call or a notification. The sound is the same as the phone's ringtone, but when there's the sound there's no option to answer the "call", and there's no history of it in the call log.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast