Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Supposed new plans

Feedback Score

Supposed new plans

Main highlights

Start 5G - no changes AGAIN. basically Verizon is telling you to pay up or leave

Play More 5G/Do More 5G - Still 50 GB premium data, phone hotspot 25 GB

Get More 5G - unlimited premium data, 50 GB phone hotspot

Hotspot data after 25 GB or 50 GB is till 600 kbps in 4G/5G Nationwide. 3 Mbps in UW areas

Do More and Get More get 1 day of Travel Pass per month added
    Play More and Get More get Apple Arcade OR Google Play pass added

Play More, Do More and Get More get 50% off Verizon Home Internet

No word on video

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Main highlights

Start 5G - no changes AGAIN. basically Verizon is telling you to pay up or leave

Play More 5G/Do More 5G - Still 50 GB premium data, phone hotspot 25 GB

Get More 5G - unlimited premium data, 50 GB phone hotspot

Hotspot data after 25 GB or 50 GB is till 600 kbps in 4G/5G Nationwide. 3 Mbps in UW areas

Do More and Get More get 1 day of Travel Pass per month added
    Play More and Get More get Apple Arcade OR Google Play pass added

Play More, Do More and Get More get 50% off Verizon Home Internet

No word on video
    I hear it’s 320x240

Source: Trust me bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Device(s)
    iPhone 13 Pro 1TB Graphite - VZW, iPhone 13 Pro 1TB Silver - FirstNet, iPhone 13 Pro 1 TB Gold - TMO
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel was a thriving culture within a company and Sprint SINGLE HANDILY DESTROYED IT.
    Feedback Score
    While not spectacular, it seems as if we are at least trending in the right direction with an Unlimited Premium Data Plan (Get More). The MAJOR thing will be seeing what comes of video streaming bastardization, and if they FINALLY drop that crap where you don't get the AP discount if using a CC (other than Verizon Visa) each month. If they do that, again, while not spectacular, it will DEFINITELY be a considerable step in the right direction.
    I am looking to take over a former *Centennial Wireless* Account that was converted to *VERIZON*. Preferably one with a data card, but I won't discriminate if it's a voice plan with a dumbphone/smartphone/whatever. If it's a former Centennial Account and is now a VERIZON account, but still has the Centennial Plan on it, then I AM INTERESTED!

FINALLY reached my 6,000th post on Monday February 28th, 2011 at 2:23 A.M. EST.

Device(s)
    Samsung N9
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Those plans are expensive

I doubt it but any plans on adding 5G to the old fUDP

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    LTE its the network !

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dtv757 View Post
    Those plans are expensive
    Same prices as the current plans

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I’m still slightly disappointed that the Get More 5G doesn’t have a better QCI rating (at least what I can tell from the bits of info available) than play more or do more. Having the highest level of priority (next to first responders) may tip more people to upgrade to that plan.

I was also hoping that get more would have premium caller ID included as well.

I guess it depends on the coverage where you live but in reality their isn’t much incentive to get the Get more plan as compared to the play more or do more plan (unless you need more hotspot). If you already live/work/play in a c-band/UWB area then none of your on device cell use will count towards your “premium data allotment” anyways. I know everyone’s needs are different but I can use around 30Gb of nationwide 5G/LTE a month now. The areas I work/play will likely have C-band than my “premium data allotment” use will drop like a rock. I doubt I will ever have it at my house because I’m like 2 miles from an international airport but regardless I have WiFi at home. I suspect that once c-band goes live I will be lucky to use more than a few GB a month of LTE/Nationwide 5G so that kinda makes the extra 50Gb of priority a moot point.

Now yes if you live in an area without any UWB then that extra 50 Gb may make a huge difference to you.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeInPa View Post
    I’m still slightly disappointed that the Get More 5G doesn’t have a better QCI rating (at least what I can tell from the bits of info available) than play more or do more. Having the highest level of priority (next to first responders) may tip more people to upgrade to that plan.
    Consider that Play and Do have 50 GB premium data and Get has unlimited premium data that's huge difference and most people don't know what QCI is and get has 50 GB of phone hotspot vs 25 GB for Play and Do. Those 2 things aren't worth $10 more?

If you already live/work/play in a c-band/UWB area then none of your on device cell use will count towards your “premium data allotment” anyways. .
    That's changed. Especially for hotspot which used to be unlimited and didn't count towards your 4G/5G nationwide hotspot limit. 5G UW hotspot use not only counts towards your 25/50 GB limit after you reach it it slows to 3 Mbps in UW areas

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It’s so absurd that 5G UW hotspot isn’t its own separate bucket that doesn’t count toward LTE and 5G Nationwide premium on-device data. I know AT&T and T-Mobile do the same thing but that doesn’t make it less obnoxious and unnecessary.

Device(s)
    iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 12 mini
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon (Spectrum Mobile)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    It’s so absurd that 5G UW hotspot isn’t its own separate bucket that doesn’t count toward LTE and 5G Nationwide premium on-device data. I know AT&T and T-Mobile do the same thing but that doesn’t make it less obnoxious and unnecessary.
    It’s absurd that “hotspot” data is treated differently at all. Data is data, whether I have a cellular-enabled tablet or connect a tablet through another cellular device’s hotspot.

The fact that all of the carriers get away with calling their plans “unlimited” when they explicitly limit the priority, speed, quantity, or in some cases, ability to use your device as a hotspot altogether is a crime. It’s false advertising and they shouldn’t be allowed to discriminate against “hotspot” data going through the same device that is otherwise subscribed to “unlimited” priority data.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blkballoon925 View Post
    It’s absurd that “hotspot” data is treated differently at all. Data is data, whether I have a cellular-enabled tablet or connect a tablet through another cellular device’s hotspot.

The fact that all of the carriers get away with calling their plans “unlimited” when they explicitly limit the priority, speed, quantity, or in some cases, ability to use your device as a hotspot altogether is a crime. It’s false advertising and they shouldn’t be allowed to discriminate against “hotspot” data going through the same device that is otherwise subscribed to “unlimited” priority data.
    Listen, if carriers were forced to offer unlimited hotspot without restrictions on unlimited plan you have have ZERO unlimited plans out there. Is that better? Be realistic about what carriers can actually offer. Your plan IS unlimited. Does your dat stop? No. Are you charged overages? No. So you can use data 24/7 now can you? Quit expecting and asking for impossible things. If Verizon called this plan a 50 GB plan with the same feature would that make you happier? No it would not. So come off the BS that it's the semantics you're annoyed at.

Device(s)
    iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 12 mini
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon (Spectrum Mobile)
    Feedback Score
    Listen, if carriers were forced to offer unlimited hotspot without restrictions on unlimited plan you have have ZERO unlimited plans out there. Is that better? Be realistic about what carriers can actually offer. Your plan IS unlimited. Does your dat stop? No. Are you charged overages? No. So you can use data 24/7 now can you? Quit expecting and asking for impossible things. If Verizon called this plan a 50 GB plan with the same feature would that make you happier? No it would not. So come off the BS that it's the semantics you're annoyed at.
    It’s not. I’ve said for years that the carriers should have never sold “unlimited” plans that weren’t actually unlimited if they didn’t have the capacity to support what they were peddling.

We’d be far better off if everyone had a data bucket the way we used to, and held people accountable to pay for the data they actually use. It kept capacity in check and those who really needed more data and contributed the most to demand and the need for upgrades were the users who paid for those upgrades, the way it should be.

Feedback Score
    Dead on.

Anything wireless has defined spectrum and fixed bandwidth. Unlimited is not feasible. Someone always ****s it up.

Unlimited under the assumption that people can only use so much from a handset. I use about 20 GB a month, pre-pandemic.

Add in my home internet usage (1 TB from constant Nest cameras and damn near constant Netflix) and others suffer if too many people do that.

What would the quality of service be like if hotspot were just turned loose? Now I would appreciate the 100 GB that I last saw AT&T offered. A few settings tweaks and I could run my whole house from that allowance, ignoring the fact that internet cameras are useless when the connection leaves the premises!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Unlimited hotspot can be feasible, but only with properly-backhauled ubiquitous mmWave. So basically the soonest I can imagine it becoming feasible is the 2030s, maybe the 2040s — although they could probably offer a restricted version of unlimited hotspotting before then, such as the hotspot being deprioritized after x many gigabytes or always being hard-throttled to a certain speed similar to Visible's unlimited 5 Mbps hotspot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blkballoon925 View Post
    It’s not. I’ve said for years that the carriers should have never sold “unlimited” plans that weren’t actually unlimited if they didn’t have the capacity to support what they were peddling.

We’d be far better off if everyone had a data bucket the way we used to, and held people accountable to pay for the data they actually use. It kept capacity in check and those who really needed more data and contributed the most to demand and the need for upgrades were the users who paid for those upgrades, the way it should be.
    If Verizon was still using data buckets they'd be in 3rd place way behind T-Mobile and at&t in customers and would not have been spending as much as they have on spectrum and CAPEX. This is better how? You know what the plans are an what they offer. Once again it's semantics you're getting all in tizzy over. Get over it and move on

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast