Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 55

Thread: Missing a lot of GB

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    99
    Feedback Score
    0

    Missing a lot of GB

    I have a TF line I’ve been adding minutes, texts, and data to for many years. Yesterday I discovered there were dozens of GB of data missing from that line. Everything else on the line was correct (minutes, texts, expiration). I have two TF lines and the other one is fine. I contacted TF yesterday and am waiting to hear back from them.

    I’ve read about others missing data in the past due to a glitch and am wondering if this is a glitch in their system or just with my account. I have a screenshot from November of my account showing the balance at that time along with screenshots of the data usage as reported by Android for the last 2 months, so I know I’m not going crazy.

    Are any of you missing data? Or texts or messages?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,220
    Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, LG Q7+, LG Q6, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    0
    I checked the balances of my 4 phones and they're fine. I usually keep the balances under 8000/8000/10GB. Back in 2015, I lost 1500 texts and 1.5GB of data, but I don't use them much so didn't bother trying to get them back.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,862
    Feedback Score
    0
    I checked and have 40gb (as expected) on one of my lines.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,207
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by goobe View Post
    I have a TF line I’ve been adding minutes, texts, and data to for many years. Yesterday I discovered there were dozens of GB of data missing from that line. Everything else on the line was correct (minutes, texts, expiration). I have two TF lines and the other one is fine. I contacted TF yesterday and am waiting to hear back from them.

    I’ve read about others missing data in the past due to a glitch and am wondering if this is a glitch in their system or just with my account. I have a screenshot from November of my account showing the balance at that time along with screenshots of the data usage as reported by Android for the last 2 months, so I know I’m not going crazy.

    Are any of you missing data? Or texts or messages?
    This used to happen occasionally when people had large balances, but has been years since I have heard of it happening.

    How much did you have and how much did you lose?

    I lost something like 100 GB once, but that was them clawing back a mistake they made.

    Good luck getting it back. That should be fun. ;~>

    Sent from my moto e (XT2052DL) using HoFo mobile app

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    99
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks y’all for checking your accounts. Much appreciated.

    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    This used to happen occasionally when people had large balances, but has been years since I have heard of it happening.

    How much did you have and how much did you lose?

    I lost something like 100 GB once, but that was them clawing back a mistake they made.

    Good luck getting it back. That should be fun. ;~>

    Sent from my moto e (XT2052DL) using HoFo mobile app
    It’s been frustrating trying to find out why the amount was deducted. They took over 70 GB from my account, leaving me with a few GB left. I remember years ago someone here saying they sometimes took screenshots of their account info just in case something like this ever happened. I didn’t think it would happen to me, but now that it has at least I have a fairly recent screenshot as proof of the missing data. I just wish there was a way on the website or in the TF app to identify reasons why data was deducted. Surely TF keeps a log of that in their system somewhere…

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,453
    Feedback Score
    0
    A number of us have utilized the services of the BBB from time to time.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    20,599
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by goobe View Post
    I just wish there was a way on the website or in the TF app to identify reasons why data was deducted. Surely TF keeps a log of that in their system somewhere…
    I can almost guarantee that in the account notes it will indicate when, why and how much data was deducted. The challenge is that you cannot easily get that information without a court order. CS reps are not supposed to read that type of information to customers verbatim. I know this as a former CS rep for At&t for almost 14 years. Such information is considered proprietary and not open to the public
    Just another day in paradise.....

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    99
    Feedback Score
    0
    I’ll be surprised if they’re willing to admit they removed over 70 GB from my account. It was all data (and texts, messages, and expiration days) that were legitimately purchased so there is no reason to deduct anything from the account other than what I use. I don’t see them ever saying they deducted it because I had too much data and they want me to buy more (which I suspect is the case).

    If I can’t get them to fix the account at some point (I am patient albeit frustrated) then I’ll probably pursue a BBB complaint, but I’m hesitant about the BBB after watching a show years ago saying companies can buy their way out of a bad rating.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,220
    Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, LG Q7+, LG Q6, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by goobe View Post
    I remember years ago someone here saying they sometimes took screenshots of their account info just in case something like this ever happened. I didn’t think it would happen to me, but now that it has at least I have a fairly recent screenshot as proof of the missing data.
    I take screenshots of my TF account balances on the 1st of every month and enter the data into a spreadsheet. Unfortunately there's no way to submit the screenshots to TF. However, if you open a case with BBB, you can attach the screenshots and other relevant information to your online claim.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,220
    Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, LG Q7+, LG Q6, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by goobe View Post
    If I can’t get them to fix the account at some point (I am patient albeit frustrated) then I’ll probably pursue a BBB complaint, but I’m hesitant about the BBB after watching a show years ago saying companies can buy their way out of a bad rating.
    Forum members have had good responses from TF when they filed BBB complaints. Someone from Exec Resolution will contact you or answer the complaint. Unfortunately, when I filed a BBB complaint about not getting TF reward points in November, they had a massive SNAFU at that time and didn't really give a good response. The rep who responded to my BBB case was dumber than a post and I got tired of talking to a wall. So I closed the case.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    99
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I take screenshots of my TF account balances on the 1st of every month and enter the data into a spreadsheet. Unfortunately there's no way to submit the screenshots to TF. However, if you open a case with BBB, you can attach the screenshots and other relevant information to your online claim.
    Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind. I’m hoping it gets resolved so I don’t have to go that route. I’ve contacted TF support several times over the years and always had great service. Never had any problems with customer service or the service itself, until this missing data problem.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,453
    Feedback Score
    0
    What about the FCC.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,453
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by goobe View Post
    Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind. I’m hoping it gets resolved so I don’t have to go that route. I’ve contacted TF support several times over the years and always had great service. Never had any problems with customer service or the service itself, until this missing data problem.
    You need bigger guns for this.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    597
    Feedback Score
    0
    I haven't noticed any GB missing, but one of my lines had the whole bucket of texts disappear. When I look at the balance either on the website or texting "Balance" it just gives me minutes and data buckets, not even a texts=0 bucket. But I can still send and receive texts just fine, so they are there somewhere. I contacted TF reps about it a couple times but they had no idea what to do, so I gave up.

    Someday I will move the service to a new phone and see if the text bucket comes back or really goes to 0. It's a spare line that a family member used to use but I think it will stay with me for the future.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    99
    Feedback Score
    0
    I’ll look into contacting the FCC as well if I can’t get this resolved through TF. I’ve communicated with 3 reps so far, none of whom had the ability to look at activity in my account from 2 months ago. They were all polite and helpful however. I’m waiting for a callback from a 4th person.

    The two I spoke with over the phone had much quieter backgrounds than what I would hear if I contacted TF support pre-covid. I wish TF would let the reps work from home all the time, pandemic or not. It was nice not hearing half a dozen voices in the background and the customer service was still good.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-16-2019, 09:56 PM
  2. Why do people/you download/tether lots of GBs over mobile networks?
    By scotch2 in forum Freedom Mobile (previously Wind Mobile)
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 03-20-2011, 12:13 AM
  3. Missing a lot of calls lately...
    By djsphynx in forum Fido
    Replies: 112
    Last Post: 06-19-2009, 01:07 AM
  4. Lots of missing dates from Media Net OLAM?
    By FESCSteve in forum AT&T
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-30-2005, 09:54 AM
  5. V710 misses A LOT of calls
    By 99ITR_SC in forum TELUS/Koodo/Public Mobile
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-16-2005, 04:52 PM

Bookmarks