Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Missing a lot of GB

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, Samsung A51, Moto G Stylus (2021)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    Do major providers like Verizon, AT&T or T-Mobile provide that sort of information if you suddenly lose something off your account? Or is that an MVNO thing?
    Most postpaid plans nowadays are unlimited (Data usage might be counted before getting throttled) . As for MVNOs, I don't know which ones besides TF companies that still deduct units per usage.

Feedback Score
    They all likely keep tabs on usage, if only to detect abuse. But that log isn't necessarily available to inquiring minds.

Some let you see everything, whether unlimited or not.

My Tello has log stuff that I don't even know what it is.

Feedback Score
    Clearly. They have some records they have to keep for law enforcement and other purposes too -- you could probably subpoena for some of those records, etc. But as we know, there is only so much that the CSRs have access to, only so much the supervisors have access to, etc. You have to work it sufficiently up the chain and have enough pull to get that data they don't have readily accessible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pitflyer View Post
    I am curious if you purchased all this data why did you accumulate 70 gigs up front? It still doesn't excuse them stealing the data (as I have gone up to 40 gigs myself). The reason I get that high is from redeeming the 8 gig monthly plan that stacks ...
    It wasn't purchased all at once. I've had the line for probably 10-15 years. Some of the data came from the triple cards that were added and other data came from data cards. I was going to use the phone as my data source when commuting on a bus and bought some data cards expecting a few years of mobile-data usage for several hours a day, but the bus and my job ended up having wifi I could access.

It doesn't matter what I do or don't do with the data if I get it back. It doesn't matter, at all, if the data sits there forever unused. The point is I paid for it, and they took it away without just cause. It really is that simple.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This whole conversation reminds me about when At&t started to put a limit on rollover minutes on how long you could keep unused minutes. I remember seeing accounts with 1000's of accumulated RO. I can't remember when it happened but I do remember getting CS calls from customers who lost RO that they never used or needed to use.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    This whole conversation reminds me about when At&t started to put a limit on rollover minutes on how long you could keep unused minutes. I remember seeing accounts with 1000's of accumulated RO. I can't remember when it happened but I do remember getting CS calls from customers who lost RO that they never used or needed to use.
    I suspect they added a cap of 5GB of data, either as a one-time thing or as a monthly cap, and the few hundred mb I actually DID use after that was deducted, leaving me with, at the time, 4.8 GB.

The not responding to the FCC or BBB complaints suggests to me they don't want to acknowledge what they did, and they probably hope I'll drop it and just go away.

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, Samsung A51, Moto G Stylus (2021)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by goobe View Post
    I suspect they added a cap of 5GB of data, either as a one-time thing or as a monthly cap.
    FWIW, my phone has 10.5 GB and my wife's phone has 7.0 GB as of today.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, iPhone SE 2, iPhone SE 1, Samsung A51, Samsung A20
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I got 15 GB in one and 10 GB in another.

I remember reading some unwritten rule that it's best to stay with 10's or less to avoid audits or other monkey business.

But then again with TF things happen.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I have 20GB accumulated on one phone. None of it is from data add ons. The same phone has 24,000 txt.

Feedback Score
    I have 35 gb on one line (not hard when the $40 plan gives you 8gb that keeps stacking).

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Well what happens whenever they screw up your balances during a transfer or something like what happened with me and then they take what was in one plan and add it to the current active plan. I had 8GB in that one Other PayGo pan that totally disappeared and then they ended up having to add it to my current Unlimited plan which bumped that up to 19GB. I hope that doesn't cause me any issues later on down the road.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4