Thread: AT&T NON-COMPLIANT Message replaced

Feedback Score

AT&T NON-COMPLIANT Message replaced

I logged on to my account for the first time in a week or so and saw that the message on my 2 AT&T sims that said they wouldn't work after Feb 22 have been replaced with a new message that my Order was on the way. I remember reading someone else here saw this new message. Has anyone actually received an unsolicited phone?

Feedback Score
    Several of us have received this message, including me. The message for me disappeared a couple of days later. I believe it's just a TracFone glitch.

PS TracFone doesn't have my address for this account, anyway. So it would be quite a miracle for them to send something unsolicited. Not impossible I suppose but still quite a feat.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto G6, Moto E5 Play, LG Classic Flip
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp,Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I saw the same message, but Tracfone had not sent me anything. I verified in Customer Service that there was no outstanding order.

It did spur me to take action however. I transferred my service to a TF AT&T BYOP SIM which is now in an AT&T Prepaid Alcatel SmartFlip.
    The AT&T people assure me it will work after February, but I don't see any indication that it is using VoLTE yet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    ... saw that the message on my 2 AT&T sims that said they wouldn't work after Feb 22 have been replaced with a new message that my Order was on the way....
    I'm wondering if this is happening only to those who DIDN'T avail of the replacement phone offer?

Meaning, TF offered XYZ a phone, XYZ didn't avail of the offer so the offer lapsed - and this new message is TF's quirky way of updating their database by saying that a non-existent phone has been shipped? Kinda like TF put some sort of a flag in their system that XYZ's phone offer has now lapsed for good?

I know, I know, I am overly obsessed with trying to figure out TF's quirky way of functioning!
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code RBKV-896C. You get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or a brand new phone! and you get a huge thank-you for helping me!

To those who already have Tracfone - this Holiday season, please consider using my referral code (instead of doing a self-referral) if you sign up for new service - you’ll get great karma! and my eternal gratitude!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    I'm wondering if this is happening only to those who DIDN'T avail of the replacement phone offer?

Meaning, TF offered XYZ a phone, XYZ didn't avail of the offer so the offer lapsed - and this new message is TF's quirky way of updating their database by saying that a non-existent phone has been shipped? Kinda like TF put some sort of a flag in their system that XYZ's phone offer has now lapsed for good?

I know, I know, I am overly obsessed with trying to figure out TF's quirky way of functioning!
    You may be obsessed but, the 2 phones I got the message on...did not take TF up on its offer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    .................... AT&T Prepaid Alcatel SmartFlip.
    The AT&T people assure me it will work after February, but I don't see any indication that it is using VoLTE yet.
    If it's anything like the Alcatel MyFlip's which I think it is, it will only do VoLTE for voice so no need for an indication.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    I currently have 2 lines with Tracfone. Both of the phones I used to use on those two lines did not have the ability to get VoLTE in the US apparently, so I replaced them with phones I bought on my own. I did not buy the new phones through TF. One phone line is currently showing my correct balance for everything. That line did not get the message me to check my (non-existent) order.

The other line no longer has minutes, texts, data, or an expiration date showing on the website. That line does have the message telling me I can check on my order status. That same line also has dozens of missing GB of data. I thought days ago that the weird message and the missing data might be related but I’m guessing not if you’re not missing any. When I asked TF support about the weird message they said it can be ignored.

I wish they’d allow more time for testing instead of rushing stuff out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    You may be obsessed but, the 2 phones I got the message on...did not take TF up on its offer.
    Thanks, yay! so that's TWO data points in support of my grand theory!

I am sure, with all of us working together, we can figure out the mysterious ways of Tracfone - also known as "TUKOU" (just made up that term, pronounced as "two-cow" by the way!) - as in The Undisputed King Of Unpredictable)

Yeah, I am certifiably obsessed!