Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

T-Mobile reports 844K net adds in Q4

Name:  IMG_0055.JPG
Views: 85
Size:  18.2 KB

T-Mobile reported preliminary fourth-quarter postpaid phone net additions of 844,000, which comes up short compared with AT&T’s 880,000 postpaid net adds for the quarter, but still earns bragging rights…

https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...t-customers-q4

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    One Plus 8 (T-Mobile), Samsung S10e (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Some of this, I expect, with Sprint customers in some areas leaving due to them having worse service than as Sprint "in their area", as well as the 5g novelty vs reality. They didn't do bad, but sales typically over hypes reality, and some leave. Similarly, TMobile isn't the "cheap " carrier it was.

Sent from my SM-G991U using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    Some of this, I expect, with Sprint customers in some areas leaving due to them having worse service than as Sprint "in their area", as well as the 5g novelty vs reality. They didn't do bad, but sales typically over hypes reality, and some leave. Similarly, TMobile isn't the "cheap " carrier it was.

Got that right! I'm leaving because of worse service in this specific local area that had awesome Sprint before last summer. Hopefully TMobile will upgrade everything here and I'll be back.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'll keep forcing them to be honest in areas of 'No Service ', and push them (maybe fcc maps help ) on their claims.

Last edited by formercanuck; 01-07-2022 at 11:05 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Do they have to designate how many of those lines are free? I’ve seen a couple of posts on Reddit about people having like 10 lines and paying $130 because of all their free lines.

Short term they look amazing. Long term this is really going to be detrimental to them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    Do they have to designate how many of those lines are free? I’ve seen a couple of posts on Reddit about people having like 10 lines and paying $130 because of all their free lines.

Short term they look amazing. Long term this is really going to be detrimental to them.
    I have 12 lines and my monthly bill is $114 with all the discounts maxed out. I seldom use 4 of my 5 spare lines though. I keep a free unlimited 2nd esim in my Pro Max to keep below 2Gb for Kickback, but that is the only one that really gets a workout. The others get a little action in iPads or for travel since they all are on ONE Plus Promo and get 256kbps internationally. So for me, the free lines are nice to have, but not really essential.

If their use was loading the system, we'd know about it now before they finish the build out.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post

That’s one thing that I don’t believe they do or that you can find publicly.

I’m not knocking T-Mo at all here but there is no doubt that they LOVE to give away free lines to boost subscriber counts.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X, OnePlus Nord N10 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT and T
    Feedback Score

How are line migrations counted from legacy Sprint customer to full-on T-Mo?

My family plan went from six phones on Sprint to five on T-Mo. (All paid.) One line was ported out to align a family member to her spouse’s plan on Consumer Cellular. I assume this would be a net loss of one - not a net gain of five. Agree?

What about data only devices? I had two cellular smart watches cancelled on Sprint as part of migration to T-Mo and the same two devices, in turn, added to T-Mo. I assume the computation is net zero. Agree?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by gdrenick74; 01-08-2022 at 05:34 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I suspect that the "free" or voice only lines (some probably are never used), account for a good number of lines, but probably less now than they did a couple years ago. Overall, if they aren't used, i.e. I have 5, but 4 are voice/data, one is voice only.... and hasn't been used. These end up disappearing when upgrading... so it will eventually burn them in counts.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    I suspect that the "free" or voice only lines (some probably are never used), account for a good number of lines, but probably less now than they did a couple years ago. Overall, if they aren't used, i.e. I have 5, but 4 are voice/data, one is voice only.... and hasn't been used. These end up disappearing when upgrading... so it will eventually burn them in counts.

By the time it catches up to them, They will likely have been sold off to someone else (big cable maybe). I think that’s the end game here. Boost the company value as high as possible, squeeze as much profits as they can put of them, then dump off the company to someone else to clean the mess up afterwards, though to be fair, the new owners would be getting a decent deal with T-Mobile doing all the network updates now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Theghostlad82 View Post
    By the time it catches up to them, They will likely have been sold off to someone else (big cable maybe). I think that’s the end game here. Boost the company value as high as possible, squeeze as much profits as they can put of them, then dump off the company to someone else to clean the mess up afterwards, though to be fair, the new owners would be getting a decent deal with T-Mobile doing all the network updates now.
    Wouldn't T-Mo's market cap of $137 billion severely limit the field of potential buyers to almost none if DT wants out completely? I don't think T-Mo has much in the way of business divisions other than wireless that could be spun off separately to multiple buyers. Seems to me that DT has painted themselves into a corner by T-Mo's success.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Wouldn't T-Mo's market cap of $137 billion severely limit the field of potential buyers to almost none if DT wants out completely? I don't think T-Mo has much in the way of business divisions other than wireless that could be spun off separately to multiple buyers. Seems to me that DT has painted themselves into a corner by T-Mo's success.
    D.T. doesn’t own 100% of tmus stock.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

D.T. doesn’t own 100% of tmus stock, as for potential buyers, comcast comes to mind, especially if they brought in a partner, maybe charter. Big cable will have to do something in wireless sooner or later. It’s the only way they will survive going forward. They will either be bought by a wireless provider (there were rumors of Verizon making an offer to charter a few years ago, and charter rejecting the offer) or they will have to buy a wireless provider (there were internal documents that surfaced during the sprint/tMobile merger that suggested after the sprint T-Mobile deal is done and the companies are migrated that they should pursue a sale to comcast/xfinity)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Theghostlad82 View Post
    D.T. doesn’t own 100% of tmus stock.

Good point. DT owns 43% IIRC. That would be $59 bil, still a big byout limiting the buyer pool.

Sent from my moto e (XT2052DL) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'd agree on big cable. They are not exactly expanding, many have dripped 'actual ' TV services for internet, and phone is a wireless market. Comcast has ties with Verizon if I'm not mistaken. Charter is an option, but I personally don't think DT is selling stock any time soon. They need TMUS for DT dividends.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast