Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Did Redpocket kill their conditional call forwarding?

Carrier(s)
    H20
    Feedback Score

Did Redpocket kill their conditional call forwarding?

I've had my wife setup with google voice for years on RP CDMA for voicemail only using conditional call forwarding. Around middle of December it stopped working and she started to receive voicemails on the RP line. I messed around for a couple hours one night and couldn't get CCF working again. It worked but would just go straight to google voice voicemail without ringing. Anyone else notice this?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjr1105 View Post
    I've had my wife setup with google voice for years on RP CDMA for voicemail only using conditional call forwarding. Around middle of December it stopped working and she started to receive voicemails on the RP line. I messed around for a couple hours one night and couldn't get CCF working again. It worked but would just go straight to google voice voicemail without ringing. Anyone else notice this?
    did you try dialing *71 or *72 - https://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1917355 post #14

Carrier(s)
    H20
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    did you try dialing *71 or *72 - https://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1917355 post #14
    Yeah it worked for me in January 2020 as well

Device(s)
    Moto G Power, Moto G Stylus, Moto E6
    Carrier(s)
    Liberty Wireless, Tracfone, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    CDMA CCF still working fine for me. Not sure why it would stop working if nothing changed otherwise?

Sent from my moto g power using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    H20
    Feedback Score
    So the strange thing is, I was actually able to get it to forward to GV after no answer(*71 I think), but 30 seconds no answer then another 30 seconds no answer before GV picks up is way too long. Maybe I need to find a way to make GV not ring at all but go straight to VM. And yes, I tried *72 + google voice number. This way it just goes straight to GV voicemail with zero ringing at all. It was very strange.

Carrier(s)
    H20
    Feedback Score
    Just an update. I did figure out a workaround by forwarding the calls to google voice after no answer (*71) on the main phone line. This works perfectly if you enabled DND on the GV line. Bump it off by accident and the phone will just ring for a good minute before GV voicemail picks up. Not sure why unconditional call forwarding to GV immediately goes to GV VM but oh well, it is what it is.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    *72 used to work for me bit seems to not work any more. Goes straight to my Google voice voicemail.

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Moto G Power, Moto G Stylus, Moto E6
    Carrier(s)
    Liberty Wireless, Tracfone, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post
    *72 used to work for me bit seems to not work any more. Goes straight to my Google voice voicemail. [/URL]
    Hmm, am I missing something? *72 is unconditional call forwarding which I thought would forward to Google immediately.

I use *71 which rings the phone first, then goes to Google Voice if not answered.

Carrier(s)
    H20
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post
    *72 used to work for me bit seems to not work any more. Goes straight to my Google voice voicemail.

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app
    This is what happened to me when I used *71. I must have had some setting incorrect with Google voice because when it rolled over to my Google voice number it also rang there for 30 seconds which was way too long before voicemail picked up

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I want to forward all physical phone number calls to my Google voice number so it will ring on multiple phones. Used to work well when I was using hangouts. Don't know if the problem started when I switched to Google voice

Sent from my F1 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I'm not sure if this is relevant to this conversation, but that's one of the features being changed with the recent GV announcement.

From the Google email:
    "Settings for Carrier Call Forwarding. Carrier Call Forwarding will no longer have a setting. It will still be possible to forward calls from another carrier to your Google Voice number, however, all carrier forwarded calls from your linked number will go directly to voicemail."

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); Moto G Power 2020 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    @Boz1: I know I'm capable of using a product for years and not getting every feature correct, but my understanding was (is) that only calls made directly to the GV number could be managed to the extent that they could then be forwarded out to the linked numbers (forwarded phones) of our configured choice.

To me, that quoted passage from the GV press release just means that those carrier forwarded calls were intended to go to GV voicemail. As in, a user set up a conditional call forwarding state on the native cell to forward to GV with the intent of having GV collect its voicemail; the only function I'm aware of that GV could implement from such a forwarded call (and this coming from the GV user's linked-number-phones). At-large random calls off the public telephone network to a GV number get forwarded out to the user's configured linked numbers and/or devices running the GV app (or the web version the user might have open on a computer).

Am I off here?

Feedback Score
    It's too confusing. I guess I still don't understand.

The people that started the original GrandCentral need to get back together and start a new service to bring back all the features Google has removed from GV!

Anyway:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Googlevoice...ll_forwarding/
    BluesCatReddit
    10 hr. ago
    Google Voice Product Expert

OK: this is inherently difficult to explain, no matter who tries to put it into words, because the term "forward" applies in two different directions, and in different scenarios.

Here is the specific scenario being discussed in that section of the announcement:

1. You have linked your Google Voice phone number so that, when you receive a call on that Google Voice number, it will forward to either a mobile phone number, or that mobile phone's Google Voice app (via VoIP).

2. You call your own Google Voice number from that linked phone number.

3. Historically, one of two things could happen when you call your GV number from your linked number:

a. That call would go directly to your Google Voice voicemail greeting. At that point, you could press * and then enter your PIN and # to review your voicemail messages, or...

b. That call would ring any other linked numbers you've added, and THEN, after a delay, go to your Google Voice voicemail greeting, as in #1 above. This was the "phone home" option, so that people could call their GV number and somebody at home could answer that call on a different linked number.

4. #2 above will no longer be available to set as an option.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); Moto G Power 2020 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Wow. I've never had the situation in 3.b. present itself to me anywhere in the Settings for the product the entire time I've been using it or perusing the various configuration choices.

And his comment No. 4? It seems like he meant to write 3.b.. Because in the current new version product (focusing on the web version) in the Voicemail section of Settings labeled 'Call to listen' there's a 'Learn more' link that's specifically about calling in to retrieve GV voicemail and making a call, the way that has always been possible.

So I think he's muddied the waters a bit with that, unless it's just a typo or mis-expressed thought.

And in 3.b. calling it the 'phone home' option - I understand the concept but wouldn't know where to have gone in Settings to achieve that, not that I would have wanted the feature.

Feedback Score
    There is an old version of the website where the old options are present.

I think you can click on the three lines on the upper left of the web page and select Legacy Google Voice.

I think the method of adding a phone has also changed. More verification steps I think.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast