Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Is there a way to contact a higher level of Page Plus tech support?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    21
    Feedback Score
    0

    Is there a way to contact a higher level of Page Plus tech support?

    I'm on the $10 pay as you go and I've tried to change to PP monthly plan $12 (500 minutes, 500 txt, etc.) but it never changes on the phone or on the plan and my minutes just disappear by the monetary amount. Also on the website I don't see any account details on the account summary page, just blank spaces. Every time I have spoken to customer service they tell me they fixed it but it never changes. Is there a better, higher level of tech support and how do I reach it?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Southwest Michigan, USA
    Posts
    4,124
    Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); Moto G Power 2020 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    0
    I likely can't answer all your questions, but first I'd like to know what method you used to switch your plan to the $12 monthly one. The usual way is to purchase and apply that particular plan 'card.'

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    660
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo12345 View Post
    I'm on the $10 pay as you go and I've tried to change to PP monthly plan $12 (500 minutes, 500 txt, etc.) but it never changes on the phone or on the plan and my minutes just disappear by the monetary amount. Also on the website I don't see any account details on the account summary page, just blank spaces. Every time I have spoken to customer service they tell me they fixed it but it never changes. Is there a better, higher level of tech support and how do I reach it?
    Another point of view:
    If you are willing to go from ~$35 per year to ~60 per year, would you be just as comfortable in going TO ~80 per year?
    PPC also has a payasyougo for "$25 per 120 days" plan, which is about 80 dollars per year. You would be able to avoid going to a cellular dealer handling PPC. This plan gives 416 minutes talk time, and texts are 6 cents per text.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,006
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    I likely can't answer all your questions, but first I'd like to know what method you used to switch your plan to the $12 monthly one. The usual way is to purchase and apply that particular plan 'card.'
    I agree. This is the key. What process did the Op use to switch plans.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,006
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by joseg2016 View Post
    Another point of view:
    If you are willing to go from ~$35 per year to ~60 per year, would you be just as comfortable in going TO ~80 per year?
    PPC also has a payasyougo for "$25 per 120 days" plan, which is about 80 dollars per year. You would be able to avoid going to a cellular dealer handling PPC. This plan gives 416 minutes talk time, and texts are 6 cents per text.
    I don't follow what you're saying. The $12 is a monthly plan with 500 minutes etc. per month. Apparently the OP needs more per month then PayGo is practical for.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    660
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    I don't follow what you're saying. The $12 is a monthly plan with 500 minutes etc. per month. Apparently the OP needs more per month then PayGo is practical for.
    The focus I put was on price alone of the plan. O.P. will do what thinking he needs about actual how many minutes he NEEDS.
    Jimbo12345, do you really need 500 minutes per month?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    21
    Feedback Score
    0
    I was finally able to get it fixed by calling customer support and asking to speak to a manager. Basically, she said that because my email had never been verified the "my account" page was not updating and showing account details, etc. Now it's fixed and it's correctly showing my minutes remaining. To answer someone's question, it's my daugther's phone and I needed more minutes than the $10 pay as you go was providing.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Southwest Michigan, USA
    Posts
    4,124
    Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); Moto G Power 2020 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    0
    So at this point we know nothing about the parameters of any of the OP's situation in the run-up to the problem, but just so long as he got things fixed by calling Support. You can run along now. Hit and run, thank you very much. rpz1, don't you just feel used? Ha-ha!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,006
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    So at this point we know nothing about the parameters of any of the OP's situation in the run-up to the problem, but just so long as he got things fixed by calling Support. You can run along now. Hit and run, thank you very much. rpz1, don't you just feel used? Ha-ha!
    It's nothing new. People pop in and ask a question or complain. We ask questions to help and they never answer the key questions. Then they either come back and say it's fixed or never come back at all.
    My conclusion on these cases is simply user error and they're embarrassed to admit it.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    21
    Feedback Score
    0
    People, my original question was really about how to contact tech support at PagePlus. Everyone who chimed in on this thread chose to discuss what plan I was seeking, which was not my question. Anyhow, sorry if you felt used!

    And yes, it was a technical glitch on their end that was causing me to not be able to see any account details on the website.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    660
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo12345 View Post
    People, my original question was really about how to contact tech support at PagePlus. Everyone who chimed in on this thread chose to discuss what plan I was seeking, which was not my question. Anyhow, sorry if you felt used!

    And yes, it was a technical glitch on their end that was causing me to not be able to see any account details on the website.
    So the topic drifted a little bit. I do not feel used. You wanted help contacting technical support, found you can make a telephone call if chat does not work. Finally the problem for which you wanted technical support is fixed because you needed to verify your email address for your online pagepluscellular account.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    21
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by joseg2016 View Post
    So the topic drifted a little bit. I do not feel used. You wanted help contacting technical support, found you can make a telephone call if chat does not work. Finally the problem for which you wanted technical support is fixed because you needed to verify your email address for your online pagepluscellular account.
    Actually I called support 2 or 3 times by telephone in December, and each time they said they had resolved my problem, but it never was resolved, which is why I was seeking a higher level of tech support. I was able to get the issue resolve yesterday by calling support and asking to speak to a manager.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,006
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo12345 View Post
    People, my original question was really about how to contact tech support at PagePlus. Everyone who chimed in on this thread chose to discuss what plan I was seeking, which was not my question. Anyhow, sorry if you felt used!

    And yes, it was a technical glitch on their end that was causing me to not be able to see any account details on the website.
    Jimbo, I never feel used on here. I realize your question but on here we also like to determine if there's anything you could do on your end to possibly avoid a CSR run around since any CSR, even a manager, is not always reliable. That's why people come here; to get real world answers to issues.
    @Whacker and I "simply" asked what method you used to change plans, to get more insight, we said nothing about what plan you were seeking.
    I am glad talking to a manager got you fixed up; this time.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Southwest Michigan, USA
    Posts
    4,124
    Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); Moto G Power 2020 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    0
    rpz1 is exactly right. My comment on feeling used was strictly tongue-in-cheek.

    It's easy to tell you're new around these parts, and probably also in dealing with PPC or perhaps any MVNO. Jumping in on that other thread in the middle of a completely different topic with the same intro you had in starting this thread was a good tip-off. But if you make visiting HoFo a regular thing, you'll come to know that, unlike a 'regular' postpaid wireless business, MVNOs, especially those owned by TracFone (such as Page Plus Cellular - PPC), aren't usually good candidates for simply seeking out the 'manager' or other top dog, and expecting anything predictably good to happen. It's usually way more of a labyrinth that that.

    Thus our effort to troubleshoot and establish a baseline of what may have been going on with your setup before just giving guess answers about how to be hooked up to a particular job position at the TracFone call center. Especially based on your initial description of saying you were on a monthly plan but it looked like you were still being deducted funds on a per minute basis. And that, coupled with problems in the account details area, would have been a fairly new combination of problems that we now won't have a clue about the next time someone asks about it. Other than to tell them to get in touch with a 'manager.'

    Where did joseg2016 get the info about the OP needing to verify his email address? A deleted post?

    The emphasis we're all generally used to is the discussion part of discussion forum. Full as possible disclosure, with the thought that the public comes here to read things that will help them solve problems, as opposed to creating more head-scratching.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    660
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    rpz1 is exactly right. My comment on feeling used was strictly tongue-in-cheek.

    ...

    Where did joseg2016 get the info about the OP needing to verify his email address? A deleted post?

    ....
    I do not remember where. This topic is now long enough I would hate to try to reread everything to figure out where the mention of using email verification to control online account came in. Maybe mistaken from a different topic or subject?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-21-2017, 06:13 PM
  2. Is there any way to contact Prepaid support other than by phone?
    By zer0vector in forum Verizon Prepaid/Visible
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-12-2017, 07:55 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-01-2004, 04:55 PM
  4. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 08-04-2004, 11:26 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-23-2002, 08:39 AM

Bookmarks