Thread: I have SIM swapped

Feedback Score

I have SIM swapped

I have an old Net10-rebranded-to-TF Samsung Galaxy Sky that I activated a few years ago. A family member uses it sometimes. This person also wanted the option of using a flip phone so (2 years ago) I got a flip phone TF Alcatel MYFLIP A405DL (VoLTE) and put the Sky's active SIM in it. I noticed my TF online acct that the system recognized that the SIM is in the Alcatel phone now.

I am wanting to undo the SIM swap now and move the number and service around. I guess I can just put the SIM back in the Sky phone and the system will see that? I'm wondering if that would work ok to do that, then put the Alcatel's original SIM in and transfer the Sky's number and service to the flip phone.

I also thought of transferring the number and service to another spare phone, than transferring it to the Alcatel.

Does anyone see any issues with doing any of these processes?

Also, I assume the Alcatel flip phone is still 3 buckets so it's not an issue to transfer from smartphone to this phone.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy A32 5G, Moto G Stylus 2021, Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    If the sim your swapping is a TF/VZW sim I would highly advise not to do anymore swapping with it unless you do a proper transfer of service by calling TF CS or doing online chat.
    TF doesn't allow TF/VZW sim swapping anymore. They will suspend your service for doing it, I know, they suspended mine a few months back.

If the sim is running in TF/AT&T or TF/TMB it still ok to sim swap. Not sure how long Verizon will allow that though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaC View Post
    If the sim your swapping is a TF/VZW sim I would highly advise not to do anymore swapping with it unless you do a proper transfer of service by calling TF CS or doing online chat.
    TF doesn't allow TF/VZW sim swapping anymore. They will suspend your service for doing it, I know, they suspended mine a few months back.

If the sim is running in TF/AT&T or TF/TMB it still ok to sim swap. Not sure how long Verizon will allow that though.
    Yes it is TF/VZW, and I know SIM swapping is risky and not advised anymore. I did this swap 2 years ago when it seemed to be less risky. That's why I was thinking of transferring service to a totally different phone to get get away from the SIM swapped pair of phones, then maybe transferring back to the flip phone.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy A32 5G, Moto G Stylus 2021, Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eohippus View Post
    Yes it is TF/VZW, and I know SIM swapping is risky and not advised anymore. I did this swap 2 years ago when it seemed to be less risky. That's why I was thinking of transferring service to a totally different phone to get get away from the SIM swapped pair of phones, then maybe transferring back to the flip phone.
    Don't think Verizon cares how many times you swap phones as long as the phones are VoLTE capable and you do it with a proper transfer of service.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I recently went through something similar with a Trac VZW sim that I swapped from a Moto G Power into an iPhone 6se awhile back. To get the sim back into the original phone I had to first transfer to a Trac ATT BYOP sim and then back to the original VZW sim in the original phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by arny56 View Post
    I recently went through something similar with a Trac VZW sim that I swapped from a Moto G Power into an iPhone 6se awhile back. To get the sim back into the original phone I had to first transfer to a Trac ATT BYOP sim and then back to the original VZW sim in the original phone.
    Thank you for telling of your experience. I am thinking the best thing for me to do is to transfer the service to some other TF/VZW phone, then transfer to the TF/VZW flip phone (with it's original SIM).

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eohippus View Post
    I am thinking the best thing for me to do is to transfer the service to some other TF/VZW phone, then transfer it to the TF/VZW flip phone (with its original SIM).
    If you do that see if the phone can be unlocked with transferred airtime, or not, in 60 days. Report the results.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    If you do that see if the phone can be unlocked with transferred airtime, or not, in 60 days. Report the results.
    I will see if I can arrange it so that I can find out if that will work for unlocking.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Every time I see your thread title, I think I’m going to see a confession.

“Bless me father, for I have simmed . “

Sorry, I’m no help at all for your actual question.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosaic55 View Post

That is so funny! Thanks for the laugh!
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code RBKV-896C. You get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or a brand new phone! and you get a huge thank-you for helping me!

To those who already have Tracfone - this Holiday season, please consider using my referral code (instead of doing a self-referral) if you sign up for new service - you’ll get great karma! and my eternal gratitude!

Feedback Score

Sorry, I’m no help at all for your actual question.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score