Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: two year extension

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    555
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0

    two year extension

    I didn't know they offered this. It's a bad value, though. I was excited until I saw the price, $170, for time alone, so $85 a year. Buying in bulk is almost always was smart, but not this, unless I'm missing something here.


    https://www.ebay.com/itm/25405481478...cAAOSwvapcNWQa

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,220
    Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, LG Q7+, LG Q6, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    0
    That's not sold by TF.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,774
    Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2, SE 1, Samsung A51, Moto E 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    0
    If you have TF branded phone, you can get the 365 extra service days add-on in the cart under more for your device for $49.99.

    Just checkout with something like the $5 text or $10 1 GB data add-on.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    454
    Feedback Score
    0
    TERMS AND CONDITIONS:

    * Buyer provides number to extend


    So, you give them your phone number, and they buy days on your phone.

    If they did it with $49.99 add ons, there would be a good profit margin and you'd get 730 days, not 720. But that wouldn't work with most BYOPS.

    If they did it with $19.99 cards, there would be no profit after eBay fees, unless they really are a qualified retailer and they're making money on the discount TF gives retailers on the airtime. And they wouldn't want to advertise the 480/960/1440 minutes, because there would be no way of knowing which of the three the buyer would see.
    Tracfone rewards referral code ITRH-8866 gives 8,000 points to new rewards members at rewards.tracfone.com or in the Tracfone App.

    Sign up for the TracFone rewards program here: https://www.tracfone.com/rewards

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    454
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    If you have TF branded phone, you can get the 365 extra service days add-on in the cart under more for your device for $49.99.

    Just checkout with something like the $5 text or $10 1 GB data add-on.
    They might do that too.
    Nobody is going to complain if they buy 720 days and get 730 days plus 1000 texts instead.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    BP subsidized Gulf Coast
    Posts
    7,801
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    And if fraud is involved... TF goes after YOU!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    555
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    That's not sold by TF.
    That's a good thing! EBay disputes are almost always and in some cases, instantly decided in the buyer's favor; contrast that with the "horrible" customer service experiences posted here with Tracfone problems.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    510
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    If you have TF branded phone, you can get the 365 extra service days add-on in the cart under more for your device for $49.99.

    Just checkout with something like the $5 text or $10 1 GB data add-on.
    I've accumulated some points, but never used them. Can this be bought with points? All I know is to use points to buy a phone one gets a "code" based on how many points one wants to convert and then applies the code at checkout.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,774
    Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2, SE 1, Samsung A51, Moto E 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by russsell View Post
    I've accumulated some points, but never used them. Can this be bought with points? All I know is to use points to buy a phone one gets a "code" based on how many points one wants to convert and then applies the code at checkout.
    No only with a credit or debit card. And I think Paypal.

    In additions to phones you can buy the smartphone plans and basic plans and add-ons with TF reward points but not the in-the-cart "More for your device" $49.99 365 extra service days add-on.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,453
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LGester View Post
    That's a good thing! EBay disputes are almost always and in some cases, instantly decided in the buyer's favor; contrast that with the "horrible" customer service experiences posted here with Tracfone problems.
    You may get your money back from eBay, but Tracfone can and will remove the offending airtime from your account.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,220
    Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, LG Q7+, LG Q6, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    You may get your money back from eBay, but Tracfone can and will remove the offending airtime from your account.
    I've read of cases when TF removed the units/days added by a shady seller and suddenly their phones were deactivated due to empty buckets/days. Big inconvenience even if they eventually got a refund from Ebay.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-21-2003, 01:55 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-17-2002, 12:41 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-24-2002, 08:39 PM
  4. Whoo hoo got the V60g for $149 w/ one year extension
    By DaveCSparty in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-18-2002, 09:18 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-25-2002, 06:48 PM

Bookmarks