Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HSN Bundle Activation - What's the longest time you have went before activating phone?

with your girlfriend! up in the New Mexico mountains where the cougars run free and are covered with snow! Breathe the FRESH AIR, there!
    Device(s)
    Do, Help me get my little girl off the phone! She talks too much causing her mommy a lot of money!
    Carrier(s)
    BYOP works the best! HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ABLE TO USE TRACFONE ON ALL CARRIERS LIKE HSN claims?
    Feedback Score

HSN Bundle Activation - What's the longest time you have went before activating phone?

Would like to see everyone's experience please.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by medontknow View Post
    Would like to see everyone's experience please.
    I bought a HSN bundle 6/16/21 and activated it on 12/6/21, so about six months.

With Verizon possibly making changes, I would not buy one now in hopes that it would work in a year or two.

Feedback Score
    In my case it was approximately 5 weeks.

I bought a TF phone with 1000 m/t/d and 365 days, mid November.
    Mid December, the phone was again offered with 1500 m/t/d and 365 days.
    When I activated it, mid December, I got the 1500 m/t/d deal.

Feedback Score
    2 years and 4 months. I don't recommend waiting that long, but all went well.
    My Tello referral code is P3BSR5HV, and gets both of us 10 Tello Dollars to pay for a plan.
    https://tello.com/account/register?_referral=P3BSR5HV

with your girlfriend! up in the New Mexico mountains where the cougars run free and are covered with snow! Breathe the FRESH AIR, there!
    Device(s)
    Do, Help me get my little girl off the phone! She talks too much causing her mommy a lot of money!
    Carrier(s)
    BYOP works the best! HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ABLE TO USE TRACFONE ON ALL CARRIERS LIKE HSN claims?
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhandle View Post
    2 years and 4 months. I don't recommend waiting that long, but all went well.
    May I ask what bundle and how long ago?

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto G6, Moto E5 Play, LG Classic Flip
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp,Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I bought an LG Sunset bundle from HSN in November, 2016 that I activated in September, 2021. Everything worked properly.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    I bought an LG Sunset bundle from HSN in November, 2016 that I activated in September, 2021. Everything worked properly.
    So you had to change your TMFL to another phone this year?

Feedback Score
    On ATT?
    I bought a Zfive L in IIRC October 2018 that wouldn't activate on Verizon in the summer of 2019 because it wasn't VoLTE.
    We'll send you a replacement Zfive C that will work with VoLTE, but we won't replace your bundled year of service.
    Tracfone rewards referral code ITRH-8866 gives 8,000 points to new rewards members at rewards.tracfone.com or in the Tracfone App.

Sign up for the TracFone rewards program here: https://www.tracfone.com/rewards

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto G6, Moto E5 Play, LG Classic Flip
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp,Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    So you had to change your TMFL to another phone this year?
    I had just procrastinated. I finally activated the LG Sunset because I wanted to harvest the airtime bundle before AT&T's February change.
    The LG was on TF AT&T. I think it had TMFL, but I didn't buy any time for it.
    Last week I transferred the number and airtime to a TF AT&T BYOP SIM which I'm using in an AT&T Prepaid phone that will continue to work after February.

Sent from my moto x4 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    May I ask what bundle and how long ago?
    Mine (2 years and 4 months) was a Rebel 3 +year bundle, I believe from HSN. I activated it in November 2020, and got it unlocked with no issue in November 2021.

millept has me beat, though!
    There is a risk of waiting too long: the old-timers used to claim that from time to time, whenever the database got too full, Tracfone would wipe old bundles from the system. I had this happen, too. (bought 3 bundles, waited a looong time to activate the last one (maybe pushing millept's record), and it had gone poof.)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I had just procrastinated. I finally activated the LG Sunset because I wanted to harvest the airtime bundle before AT&T's February change.
    The LG was on TF AT&T. I think it had TMFL, but I didn't buy any time for it.
    Last week I transferred the number and airtime to a TF AT&T BYOP SIM which I'm using in an AT&T Prepaid phone that will continue to work after February.

Sent from my moto x4 using HoFo mobile app
    So basically to let others know, is February and what day is the cutoff, about being able to use the AT&T phones. Is it basically the month that the white list goes into effect of the AT&T phones?

So the LG sunset was the phone that was going to be cut off of the white list?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone know if the LG k31 is off the list to work after february? I still have one of those bundles that I need to see if they're going to be working before the February cut off. I believe they have the phone listed wrong because it's showing the rebel 4 which I thought was that model but the model number is not matching up.

Feedback Score
    The K31 Rebel and the Rebel 4 are different phones.

Yours almost surely came with a Verizon SIM. The February 2022 whitelist applies specifically to phones using AT&T service, so it won't affect activation. You should be good past the Feb cutoff. (And I don't think AT&T has identified a specific date in February.)

The K31 isn't on the AT&T whitelist, so you wouldn't be able to move it to Tracfone's AT&T network, or (at least most) other AT&T-network providers. Should work fine on Tracfone/T-Mobile, or T-Mobile MVNOs after being unlocked.

As an aside, the Rebel 4 that IS on AT&T's whitelist is specifically the L211BL variant, normally only available from Simple Mobile & Walmart Family Mobile. They were sold with T-Mobile SIMs. The Tracfone-specific variant (as well as Total Wireless) is Verizon-network only.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Yeah I'll have to get a move on it!

Is it true that all these Chinese foreign phones aren't going to work on AT&T even though they do have the volte designation?

Feedback Score
    Yeah I'll have to get a move on it!

Is it true that all these Chinese foreign phones aren't going to work on AT&T even though they do have the volte designation?
    At least on Tracfone/AT&T, AT&T Postpaid/Prepaid, & Cricket, it is true that the Chinese foreign phones aren't going to work, regardless of VoLTE capabilities.

It's also true that expensive phones from traditional manufactures like Samsung & Motorola, but made for foreign markets, will not work.

It's also true that a wide range of relatively recent phones from traditional manufacturers, originally made for the US market, will not work.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast