Thread: Moto G6 WiFi-Calling

Feedback Score

Moto G6 WiFi-Calling

I am trying to find out if anyone using a TF branded Moto G6, with Verizon sim, has WiFi-Calling calling working. Before I go to battle with TF, I would like to know if anyone has it working. The Service Menu (*#*#4636#*#*) shows that the phone is WiFi-Calling capable but not provisioned. Verizon coverage in my home area sucks. Just did a speed test and got 3 down and 1 up. The last typically clueless CSR told me WiFi-Calling only worked on iPhones.

Feedback Score
    Didn't someone post that Verizon wi-fi calling was problematic? Don't remember.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I know I have got WiFi calling with Verizon based SIM with A10e, A50, A51, and now S20 FE 5G.

I am not sure with the older models because I have seen CSR say they do not support this feature on the older phones.

I have tried to get WiFi calling on my old G7 Optimo Maxx in the past. I am not sure if I can now tho.

Device(s)
    S22+/A51/A71 5G, Pixel 3aXL/4a5G, Moto G7 Power/Z3 Play/One 5G Ace
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, Fi, PagePlus, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Not exactly TracFone, but 2 TracFone brands: I have 2 Straight Talk Moto G6s on PagePlus. Neither one has WiFi calling.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    Not exactly TracFone, but 2 TracFone brands: I have 2 Straight Talk Moto G6s on PagePlus. Neither one has WiFi calling.
    I could care less about wifi calling but when I was in a chat with PagePlus yesterday on another question I asked if they supported wifi calling. The CSR, who seemed to be a more knowledgeable one, said not yet. I didn't ask when since like I said, doesn't matter to me.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); Moto G Power 2020 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Although I'm also not interested in carrier Wi-Fi Calling (since I'm a Google Voice user), I did try messing with its configuration on my Moto G Power 2020 when I first got it (on PPC PAYGO). The phone (maybe through the Moto app) invited me to set it up, but then I got a message like, can't be done at this time, try again later or something to that effect.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, Moto e, Lumia 635, Moto G 2nd
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone x3, PPCx2, TMo2Go, TracfoneX3, H20, Tello
    Feedback Score
    I have a TF branded Moto G6 on Pageplus. No wi-fi calling either.
    I don't see anywhere an option to try to enable it, and like you (OP), I see in the service menu that is capable but not provisioned.

Side question, no that it matters for wi-fi calling, but is your Moto G6 SIM unlocked? (I'm trying to unlock mine)

Feedback Score
    I have a TF branded Moto G6 on Verizon. The phone is now unlocked. I cannot get wifi calling on this phone.

I would be interested if someone does get wifi calling on a Tracfone Moto G6, but I don’t believe that it is possible at this time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jairzinho View Post
    I don't see anywhere an option to try to enable it, and like you (OP), I see in the service menu that is capable but not provisioned.

Side question, no that it matters for wi-fi calling, but is your Moto G6 SIM unlocked? (I'm trying to unlock mine)
    No, it is not unlocked. Based on the way I read the rules, it probably never will be. I bought it to harvest airtime. I activated it with a transfer from J7 Sky Pro then transferred it back. After doing that I tried an TF/AT&T sim in it to test VoLTE and it worked. Did the same with TF/T-Mobile sim. VoLTE worked and the settings were there for WiFi-Calling but I did not set it up because WiFi-Calling was already set up for that phone number on a different phone. So, the phone has had a number of different sims in it.

Feedback Score

Ok, this falls into the "you can't make this up" camp. Just for S&G I decided to put this G6 into the unlocking site. It said it qualified! It gave me the codes, I put them into the phone and it said unlock successful.

I have no idea how this phone qualified. It was originally activated in 6/2020 using the bundled airtime and a transfer from existing TF/Verizon phone number. It was deactivated within a week. It has been sitting unactivated since then. Two days ago I reactivated it with a transfer from a TF/AT&T phone#. I don't know how it qualified for unlock. Pretty funny.

Feedback Score
    Maybe if the original sim stays there without being overwritten, it doesn't get all the way shut off.

One time I activated a cheap plan and ported-in number with a Verizon byop sim in order to test the rewards system. I had a lot of trouble getting VoLTE to kick in, used up all the airtime fooling with it, and ported the number back out before even one month. The reward points still vested. I didn't re-use the sim because I was done with Verizon.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    Ok, this falls into the "you can't make this up" camp. Just for S&G I decided to put this G6 into the unlocking site. It said it qualified! It gave me the codes, I put them into the phone and it said unlock successful.
    Lucky you. When I try the PPC unlock check site, it says "Good news, you phones is already unlocked!" (it is not), but if I try the TF unlock check site it says "Not qualified for unlocking". Again this is a TF branded Moto G6 that was activated more than a year ago as a PPC phone, with the original TF SIM it came in the box.

EDIT: Never mind. I got it unlocked by calling the PPC unlocking dept.
    Last edited by Jairzinho; 01-21-2022 at 04:17 PM.

Feedback Score
    Lucky you. When I try the PPC unlock check site, it says "Good news, you phones is already unlocked!" (it is not), but if I try the TF unlock check site it says "Not qualified for unlocking". Again this is a TF branded Moto G6 that was activated more than a year ago as a PPC phone, with the original TF SIM it came in the box.
    The unlocking department can probably take care of it.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    The unlocking department can probably take care of it.
    Yes, I called PPC unlocking dept, and in few minutes they did it. Thanks!

EDIT: The weird thing is that for them to send me the unlock codes and instructions I had to provide a new e-mail address that was not being already used in TF. They created this new TF account with my new e-mail address and in it the device (used in PPC) is listed there as "inactive". It sounds that there was no way around it.
    Last edited by Jairzinho; 01-22-2022 at 11:20 AM.

Feedback Score
    Not Verizon but.
    My Tracfone Moto G6 doesn't have Wi-Fi Calling on ATT, but works perfect on T-Mobile.