Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Overseas roaming call charges line items

Feedback Score

Overseas roaming call charges line items

I知 currently overseas and want to be 100% sure if the calls that I知 making are being charged for or not. When logging into my T-Mobile dot com it shows the telephone number dialed but nothing next to it indicating call costs. Name:  IMG_1777.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  28.0 KB

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Can I assume you have a postpaid account
    Just another day in paradise.....

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work phone / T-Mobile (iPad) / Verizon (personal phone) / Tracfone AT&T MVNO (for fun)!
    Feedback Score
    These two calls each show "Wi-Fi call", which means you should not be charged for them. Check each of your calls you've made already to be sure things are working as expected.

Also, keep in mind that in most cases as long as you have good Wi-Fi, your device should be using Wi-Fi calling. There may be some occasions where it won't work and will fall back to cellular, so try to avoid long calls while you're not stationary avoid too much of an unexpected charge.

Feedback Score
    The safest way to make WiFi calls to the US while roaming internationally is to put your phone in Airplane mode, then turn WiFi only back on. This guarantees that you will have no cellular service before and during the call. Therefore it cannot be charged against your account line. If you make a WiFi call to number in another roaming country however, it will trigger the $.25 a minute rate for your line. This is the same as if you made that call over cellular. So, you can call home from Australia over WiFi for free, but to order a pizza from across the street, it's $.25 a minute.

Device(s)
    One Plus 8 (T-Mobile), Samsung S10e (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    To add to that...make sure that you last connected to a a.US carrier before switching to airplane mode and enabling wifi. If you lose wifi and had connected to a foreign carrier, any calls including those going to voice mail typically end up being routed through the last carrier used. Someone will have to verify that.

Sent from my SM-G991U using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the advice. Appreciated it.

Is there anything I can do regarding spam text messages charges whilst I知 abroad ? I keep getting messages from WellsFargo claiming my card has been blocked. It痴 scam. Yet I assume that text costs me money to receive ?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Limeybastard View Post
    I keep getting messages from WellsFargo claiming my card has been blocked. It’s scam. Yet I assume that text costs me money to receive ?
    Sadly, I get those messages from Wells Fargo and I have never had an account with them. Wish I could offer a simple answer, but I just ignore them when they come in every couple of months.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks for the advice. Appreciated it.

Is there anything I can do regarding spam text messages charges whilst I知 abroad ? I keep getting messages from WellsFargo claiming my card has been blocked. It痴 scam. Yet I assume that text costs me money to receive ?

Text messages are free to receive. I think most T-Mobile plans have outgoing free as well.

Feedback Score
    Thanks.

Feedback Score
    I知 currently overseas and want to be 100% sure if the calls that I知 making are being charged for or not. When logging into my T-Mobile dot com it shows the telephone number dialed but nothing next to it indicating call costs. Name:  IMG_1777.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  28.0 KB

wi-fi calls should be as your domestic calls, no matter where you are!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pfwarrior View Post
    Text messages are free to receive. I think most T-Mobile plans have outgoing free as well.
    Even when roaming SMS text messages are free to receive ?( not be confused with iMessages. )

I received another spam text from someone offering to buy my home. Billing cycle ends tomorrow, so I値l see if that inbound SMS was free or not.

Feedback Score
    Even when roaming SMS text messages are free to receive ?( not be confused with iMessages. )

I received another spam text from someone offering to buy my home. Billing cycle ends tomorrow, so I値l see if that inbound SMS was free or not.

It depends on your plan. Many grandfather plan still charges both incoming/outgoing sms

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    1+ 8T 5G, Galaxy S20 5G, Moto G7 Power
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    They are charged the same as if you were in the USA. If you have some bizarre old plan with a text bucket, they are deducted from your bucket or charged as appropriate. All modern plans will be free.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    iPhone 13 ProMax, Fold 3
    Carrier(s)
    キTキキキMobileキ USA, AT$T
    Feedback Score
    Incoming/outgoing SMS are included/unlimited in modern plans, calls made on a Cellular network are $0.25/min, and WiFi calls are free.

I've not been billed minues for a Voicemail in ages though, I think they finally fixed that.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    Incoming/outgoing SMS are included/unlimited in modern plans, calls made on a Cellular network are $0.25/min, and WiFi calls are free.

I've not been billed minues for a Voicemail in ages though, I think they finally fixed that.
    Yeah thanks. That was the case. I wasn稚 charged for the few spam text messages I received when I wasn稚 on Wi-Fi and roaming in the UK.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast