Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Unlocking Thread After 11.23.2021 - All Your Scenarios Answered

Feedback Score
    I'll see if I can reach out to a moderator to get help on deleting non-DPs from the DP thread. In terms of discussion, obviously that's up to the crowd if we keep it here or the original thread.

Thanks medontknow for getting things started, both on the unlock and the thread!

Up in the New Mexico mountains where the cougars run free and are covered with snow! Breathe the FRESH AIR, there!
    Device(s)
    Do, Help me get my little girl off the phone! She talks too much causing her mommy a lot of money!
    Carrier(s)
    BYOP works the best! HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ABLE TO USE TRACFONE ON ALL CARRIERS LIKE HSN claims?
    Feedback Score
    I went to full site and saw nowhere to delete this Thread.

Up in the New Mexico mountains where the cougars run free and are covered with snow! Breathe the FRESH AIR, there!
    Device(s)
    Do, Help me get my little girl off the phone! She talks too much causing her mommy a lot of money!
    Carrier(s)
    BYOP works the best! HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ABLE TO USE TRACFONE ON ALL CARRIERS LIKE HSN claims?
    Feedback Score
    Reported to see if my first thread may be removed.

Can anyone tell me how to rebrand a total Wireless phone I bought rebranded to be a TracFone phone before activating. How do I correctly do it? Thanks in advance!

No minutes other than bundle was added to my unlock and phone was new.
    Sorry for confusion.

I do think if someone sees same type of unlock scenario, even if it was a different phone, they shouldn't post their experience to cut down on length of thread.

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    My Moto G Stylus was activated on 11/26/21. Got a text on that phone this morning around 9:30AM Central that it's now eligible for unlocking. Clicked on the link in the text and it went to the same Unlocking Policy site. Put in the phone number and it said not eligible. Called Unlocking Dept, at first the rep said it needed to be active and paid for 12 months, I told her it was activated after 11/23/21 and is under the 60-day policy. She checked and said maybe it's not eligible yet because today is the 60th day, and to check back tomorrow. I'm OK with that.

Name:  Moto-G-Stylus-Unlocking-Notification-2.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  56.8 KB

Feedback Score
    Interesting proactive text that is wrong. Ah TracFone, always something. When you do get the unlock I hope you will post a data point in the other thread hpham. Thanks in advance

Device(s)
    Moto G Stylus 5G, Samsung A53 5G
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Verizon & AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by medontknow View Post
    Can anyone tell me how to rebrand a total Wireless phone I bought rebranded to be a TracFone phone before activating. How do I correctly do it? Thanks in advance!
    This could use a new thread specifically for rebranding.
    I think the phone to be rebranded needs to be unactivated at the time and I believe that you can only rebrand with an activation. Also, not sure if that can be an activation via transfer or if it needs to be a new activation

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Not many people getting their phones unlocked. Must be a slew of them come rolling in tomorrow.
    Seems like what is true is that you have to buy 3 months service else your phone becomes inactive and you end up paying 3 more months which will be 5 months vs. 3 months if you just would have did it right to start with.

Yeah YaWho go ahead and please create a rebrańd thread. It will really help those know what process to go through now that inventories are being depleted without chips being available.

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    I read in FAQS at Straight Talk & Simple Mobile websites that anyone who runs on a different network than VZ, they're going to be eventually transitioned to Verizon's network.

I was wondering if they've moved to the 60 day unlock model like TF.

If so it might be a way to get a T-Mobile friendly phone, if Simple Mobile runs on T-Mobile.

Is T-Mo the only SIM that SM ships phones with? Or have they been shipping VZ SIMs since VZ began the TF acquisition?

SM branded phones seem to sell more cheaply in stores than TF branded versions.

The older ones sitting on shelves longer might not have all of the current T-Mobile bands.

Sent from my moto e (XT2052DL) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Activated Moto G Power on November 28. Called today for unlock. Half hour on the phone. In the end, since activated with an eBay Verizon SIM that would not activate in the system (kept asking for an airtime card) so I called in, and they activated it and added the units manually. Therefore, the system never saw purchased units, so no unlock.

The rep was very nice, though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by choke View Post
    Activated Moto G Power on November 28. Called today for unlock. Half hour on the phone. In the end, since activated with an eBay Verizon SIM that would not activate in the system (kept asking for an airtime card) so I called in, and they activated it and added the units manually. Therefore, the system never saw purchased units, so no unlock.

The rep was very nice, though.
    Thanks for the information. So it does seem like they will verify you actually purchased service _after_ transfer. I have a couple of weeks left before I attempt to unlock two transfers, one where I paid for service afterwards, one I did not. So I expect the latter to not be unlockable. Will wait and see, and if it doesn't work I am curious if adding 60 days of service will make it unlockable immediately or add another 60 days to the counter to wait.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Activated Moto G Power on November 28. In the end, since activated with an eBay Verizon SIM that would not activate in the system (kept asking for an airtime card) so I called in, and they activated it and added the units manually.
    In your TF account, does that line show a phone icon or SIM icon?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    In your TF account, does that line show a phone icon or SIM icon?

Name:  Screenshot 2022-01-29 at 18-05-58 Login or Create an Account Tracfone Wireless.png
Views: 351
Size:  1.3 KB

I was told to add a service plan card and wait 60 days.

And make sure you have your IMEI when you call,

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Name:  Screenshot 2022-01-29 at 18-05-58 Login or Create an Account Tracfone Wireless.png
Views: 351
Size:  1.3 KB

I was told to add a service plan card and wait 60 days.
    That's not too bad. If it had shown a SIM icon, then the line was being treated as BYOP (since the Ebay SIM is technically a BYOP SIM) and the device would never be unlocked.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pitflyer View Post
    Thanks for the information. So it does seem like they will verify you actually purchased service _after_ transfer. I have a couple of weeks left before I attempt to unlock two transfers, one where I paid for service afterwards, one I did not. So I expect the latter to not be unlockable. Will wait and see, and if it doesn't work I am curious if adding 60 days of service will make it unlockable immediately or add another 60 days to the counter to wait.
    I'm probably missing something, but I don't see choke mentioning that the phone was activated as a transfer...just looks to me like the original plan wasn't credited towards the G Power Unlocking requirement, since it was manually added.
    My Tello referral code is P3BSR5HV, and gets both of us 10 Tello Dollars to pay for a plan.
    https://tello.com/account/register?_referral=P3BSR5HV

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    So either choke only activated it with a 30-day plan and then waited 60 days for it to unlock with it will not because it went unactivated after 30 days! Either way just like you all said would be curious to know whether or not he would have to add 30 more days or actually 2 months to make it 3 months and then see if it unlocks but more than likely he will have to place another 3 months service on it to get it unlocked.
    Someone mentioned this before that if you went too short with just buying 2 months worth it would be versus turning around and having to buy 5 months overall to get it really unlocked after the mistake was made.

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast