Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Unlocking Thread After 11.23.2021 - All Your Scenarios Answered

Feedback Score
    Just checked & iPhone has been automatically unlocked, something in system has been fixed.
    Activated new Straight Talk iPhone 12 Mini 11/30 on my TF account as a TF.
    Kept number & had carryover service (but also added additional 90 days using rewards just in case).
    No notification from TF.

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by peggyrh View Post
    Just checked & iPhone has been automatically unlocked, something in system has been fixed.
    Activated new Straight Talk iPhone 12 Mini 11/30 on my TF account as a TF.
    Is that the phone that shows a SIM icon in your TF account?

Feedback Score
    The ST iphone was new (from the Black Friday deal) so activated as a locked TF just like previous new TW iPhones. It's just the 2 reconditioned XR's that show the sim icon and the first one wasn't activated till end of Dec so another month to go.

Feedback Score
    Peggy thanks for posting here and dp thread. Want to clarify if this mini was a new line on your account or a transfer from an existing line?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhandle View Post
    I'm probably missing something, but I don't see choke mentioning that the phone was activated as a transfer...just looks to me like the original plan wasn't credited towards the G Power Unlocking requirement, since it was manually added.
    You are right. A bad assumption on my part. Too many DPs to keep straight though if I read it correctly Peggy DP above is a transfer activation. Those are the ones I am interested in till I wait for my own in late Feb.

Feedback Score
    Was a transfer from another phone, that's why I added 90 days just in case carryover didn't count towards unlock (like in the past).

Feedback Score
    Got it. I did both scenarios on the same day specifically so I can compare. I will of course share my DPs when my day comes!

Up in the New Mexico mountains where the cougars run free and are covered with snow! Breathe the FRESH AIR, there!
    Device(s)
    Do, Help me get my little girl off the phone! She talks too much causing her mommy a lot of money!
    Carrier(s)
    BYOP works the best! HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ABLE TO USE TRACFONE ON ALL CARRIERS LIKE HSN claims?
    Feedback Score
    Many unlocks are 👉 to having 90 days as a safety 🥅.

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    I have a moto E XT2052DL that I activated December the 2nd 2021. I haven't gotten any kind of a notice from TracFone saying that it's eligible for unlocking.

It has been 60 days since I activated it if it's taken into consideration that there were 31 days in December and 31 days in January. Is that the way they reckon things or does it have to wait until the exact numerical date the second of February?

I removed the phone from my account when I was afraid that hackers might get in through the website. I lost my 7,000 add a line points by removing the phones from the account.

I'm hoping that removing the phones from my account will not invalidate the Moto E for unlocking.

I activated it with a pin I bought on the TracFone eBay store for the 30 day smartphone card with 500 minutes 500 texts and 500 MB of data. Then I added the 49.99 years extension from the TracFone website.

I'm hoping that will qualify it for unlock without having to add another 30-day card so that it totals 60 days of service.

If I don't hear from them by the second, I guess I will try to open up a chat and ask if it's eligible for unlock.

Until I get the E unlocked I'm not sure if I should buy another TracFone.

I was thinking about buying the Moto G Play with the years service for $119.99 if I can get it cheaper with TRACFONE20. IF that code expires tomorrow I may miss the chance to use it. I was interested in the XT2093DL in particular because it's AT&T white listed.

I'm not sure about the TCL models even though I've owned Alcatels before.

The newer Alcatels that I've had seem to have a kind of a plastic feel to them. The Motos that I've had feel more solid and have a nice glass screen.

Sent from my moto e (XT2052DL) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, iPhone SE 2020, Samsung A51, Samsung A20
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Have you tried the unlocking site:

https://www.tfwunlockpolicy.com/wps/...vZ0FBIS9nQSEh/

unlocking department 1-888-442-5102

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    I have a moto E XT2052DL that I activated December the 2nd 2021. I haven't gotten any kind of a notice from TracFone saying that it's eligible for unlocking.
    12/2/2021 + 61 days = 2/1/2022. It should be eligible for unlocking today. The stupid Unlocking site most likely will say that it's not eligible. Call the Unlocking Dept at 1-888-442-5102 and the rep will submit a ticket to get it unlocked. Once you've seen some activities in your TF account for that line under the SUPPORT tab, check the Unlocking site again and it should ask for an email address to send you the code and unlocking instructions.

Name:  Tracfone-Unlocking-Moto-G-Stylus-2022-01-26-3.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  31.6 KB

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    12/2/2021 + 61 days = 2/1/2022. It should be eligible for unlocking today. The stupid Unlocking site most likely will say that it's not eligible. Call the Unlocking Dept at 1-888-442-5102 and the rep will submit a ticket to get it unlocked. Once you've seen some activities in your TF account for that line under the SUPPORT tab, check the Unlocking site again and it should ask for an email address to send you the code and unlocking instructions.

Name:  Tracfone-Unlocking-Moto-G-Stylus-2022-01-26-3.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  31.6 KB
    You're right, it said it was ineligible for unlock. It was talking about the 12-months necessary to get it unlocked and this one was activated after Verizon took over.

First I entered my phone number and when that didn't work I put in my IMEI. I'm assuming that's what they mean when they say serial number.

Thank you for providing that information about the portal, I didn't have the link. I will try to call later on today and find out what they have to say.

It reminds me of The Wizard of Oz when Dorothy and her friends went to try to get help from him and they kept getting turned away.

I guess they hope that that people won't try to go any further with it than that portal that tells them to go away. They'll feel that they're forced to keep the phone on TracFone Verizon even if that service does not work very well for them in their area.

Device(s)
    S22+/A51/A71 5G, Pixel 6a/4a5G, Moto G7 Power/Z3 Play/One 5G Ace
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I had an iPhone SE 2020 refurb unlocked today. It should have unlocked automatically yesterday, but did not. When it still did not unlock today, I called the unlocking dept. The rep verified the phone number and IMEI, and submitted the unlock request. The phone unlocked within 5 minutes.

Just for the heck of it, I had previously tried the unlocking website, but after I entered the phone number, nothing happened, no response.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, iPhone SE 2020, Samsung A51, Samsung A20
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have an ancient Samsung J3 Luna pro that I've had around for while.

So I ran it through the online unlock site checker, site further asked for IMEI and then stated phone was eligible for unlocking and insta-sent me the 2 codes via email.

The 2 codes returned as invalid when I entered them so I called unlocking dept, rep had me enter in reverse order and it unlocked. He explained sometimes if there is a problem putting second code first will fix.

Added: I'm a little confused with the history of this phone. I thought it may have been reactivated 2 months ago but history is a mess and I've been handling a lot of phones. It may have actually been a year or more.

Tello sim doesn't work. I guess doesn't have necessary GSM bands. Only LTE and CDMA.

Gonna merge it into another account.
    Last edited by tomseys; 02-01-2022 at 01:17 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    I was able to get the Moto E unlocked and I posted the facts to the point thread.

It was crazy because the CSR has an accent and they talked fast so I had to keep asking her to repeat or spell things. She started getting mad at me. She asked do you want me to help you or not?

I was doing the unlock in a location where anyone can just open my door and walk in and start talking. My luck during the phone call I had about four people come in and start talking and asking questions. It was driving me nuts. I had to apologize to the CSR for the interruptions. Every time someone interrupted, I had to ask the CSR to repeat what she said.

I wish I could have just done it by chat. It's so much easier when I can just write the information instead of repeating things over and over.

Finally it transpired, thankful for that.

The codes came to my Gmail box in two lines.

For people who haven't done it yet, the top line is code one, and the bottom line is code two.

I entered the code #TFUNLOCK# on my phone dialer. When the unlock menu came up it asked for me to enter the two codes. I pasted the first one in, then went back to my notepad to get the other one. The phone dialer closed on me while I was getting the other code. So I had to use one of my other phones to see the code while I entered them manually on the dialer.

I got the message that the unlock was successful.

The question I wanted to ask, is there anywhere on the phone that it should say that the phone is unlocked?

I looked under About Phone and I didn't see any information to that extent.

If it's truly unlocked, maybe I'll risk buying another TracFone. If this one didn't unlock I wasn't going to.

Thank you to the forum members for helping me to figure it all out!

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast