Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Unlocking Thread After 11.23.2021 - All Your Scenarios Answered

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, iPhone SE 2020, Samsung A51, Samsung A20
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    I was able to get the Moto E unlocked and I posted the facts to the point thread.

The question I wanted to ask, is there anywhere on the phone that it should say that the phone is unlocked?

I looked under About Phone and I didn't see any information to that extent.

If it's truly unlocked, maybe I'll risk buying another TracFone. If this one didn't unlock I wasn't going to.

Thank you to the forum members for helping me to figure it all out!

Sent from my moto e (XT2052DL) using HoFo mobile app

The iPhone has a setting to check but I don't think this is case with Android phones generally.
    The gold standard is to stick another non TF provider sim in there. In my case with my J3 luna pro that didn't work because it doesn't have the bands for Tello/T-Mobile. I don't really care in this case since old phone and I just merged the account off of it into another.

I've read that if you look in Settings/Mobile network and then a network setting (advanced/network?) and see if there are other options it could indicate it. But that's not always reliable.

I would imagine though that it is unlocked.

Feedback Score
    Yup, there's really no way to check on Android devices if its unlocked rather than trying a foreign SIM. I've heard that unactivated SIMs can be used, but not sure about that. I always have Tello or RedPocket or something lying around to throw in my devices.

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I got the message that the unlock was successful.

The question I wanted to ask, is there anywhere on the phone that it should say that the phone is unlocked?

I looked under About Phone and I didn't see any information to that extent.
    Some phones (like my Sprint-unlocked LG Stylo 4+) shows the Unlock Status. I don't see see one on my TF-unlocked Moto G Stylus. The best test is to put in a SIM that's not in the TF family. If it doesn't reject the SIM (saying Invalid SIM), then the phone is unlocked.

Before and After Unlocking on Sprint LG Stylo 4+.

Name:  LG-Stylo-4-Unlock-Screen-1.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  21.8 KB

Name:  LG-Stylo-4+-Unlock-Status.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  19.9 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by choke View Post
    Activated Moto G Power on November 28. Called today for unlock. Half hour on the phone. In the end, since activated with an eBay Verizon SIM that would not activate in the system (kept asking for an airtime card) so I called in, and they activated it and added the units manually. Therefore, the system never saw purchased units, so no unlock.

The rep was very nice, though.
    Added the $20 service card on 1/29 using rewards points, and yesterday (1/31) got the text message that the phone was able to be unlocked. The portal wouldn't give me the code using number or IMEI. I called and answered all the questions, like name and phone number, why I wanted it unlocked, the rep submitted a request and I got the unlock code while I was on the phone.

So, like three days, but the portal didn't get the message.

Feedback Score
    Good follow up. So they didn't make you wait 60 days since you added the service card ... its more like a checklist that you must have 60 days of newly paid service AND its been 60 days after activation (after 11/23) to be eligible for unlocking, at least with a human. The website seems to be much more finicky and not up to date.

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    The Moto E that I just got unlocked today is now showing is out of service.

It had air time out to January 2023.

The email I got from them with the unlock code said it should not have its service disturbed, it should work as normal after unlock.

I had trouble with this phone going out of service once before and had to start a chat to fix it.

I'm number 62 in the queue...

I'm about ready to transfer its service to a different phone.

I don't know if it's the TracFone Verizon service causing the problem or whether the phone has an issue.

This phone isn't having any problems and it's on TracFone Verizon.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Verizon may be panicking after seeing all the unlock requests?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Here is what unlocking email looks like:

Attachment 170343

Dear Tom :

Below are the instructions you need to follow to Unlock the phone with serial number xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Phone Unlocking Step-by-Step Instructions

1. On your phone, dial #TFUNLOCK# (#83865625#) to access the TF UNLOCK Menu.
    2. The TF UNLOCK Menu will request the UNLOCK Codes. Enter:

* 685xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    * 739xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

When the Codes are processed successfully, a Device Unlocked message will display. If the Codes are NOT processed, try to re-enter them.

3. Your phone may reboot.

Note: After Unlocking your phone, your current phone number, service (including benefits), and any enrollment will remain as they are.

Please do not reply to this email. If you encounter issues following these steps, call our Unlocking Department at 1-888-442-5102.

Sincerely,
    Your UNLOCKING TRACFONE WIRELESS Team.

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The Moto E that I just got unlocked today is now showing is out of service.
    The Moto G Stylus that I got unlocked on 1/26/22 gave me the same scare. It had no service and was using a lot of battery searching for a tower. I checked the balance using my computer and it looked fine. RESTARTED THE PHONE and it worked again.

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    The Moto G Stylus that I got unlocked on 1/26/22 gave me the same scare. It had no service and was using a lot of battery searching for a tower. I checked the balance using my computer and it looked fine. RESTARTED THE PHONE and it worked again.
    Well, I engaged a chat and transferred the Moto E's service back to my Moto e6.

I transferred the e6 service to a LG Rebel k31 bundle in November because it wasn't getting a good signal here. Then the k31 began goofing up so I transferred its service to the LG solo.

After transferring the Moto E service to the e6 today, I'm still getting bad service on the e6. It shows as in service but it's stuck in 1xRTT mode like before.

I went into settings under mobile network to see what it was doing. Plus I ran Network Info Lite to check it.

Enhanced 4G LTE mode is switched on.

Under preferred network type choices, there's:

GLOBAL (originally on this on activation. It briefly pops into 3G but it never shows 4G LTE. It's saying EVDO_A (CDMA) SIM data connected, voice 1xRTT under the raw data tab).

LTE/CDMA(choose this and it only gets 1xRTT 2g)(mobile data network type IWLAN)

LTE/GSM/UMTS (phone shows out of service if I choose this)

Network Info Lite app shows the Moto e6 as a CDMA device.

I have it on the global setting right now.

I think I need a new cell phone to transfer this account to. After that E has gone out of service a couple of different times I don't really trust it anymore.

Either that I'll just combine the service with one of my other phones.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Are reconditioned phones purchased from Tracfone eligible for the 60 day unlock, or is it restricted to only new phones?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by soobaerodude View Post
    Are reconditioned phones purchased from Tracfone eligible for the 60 day unlock, or is it restricted to only new phones?
    My reconditioned iPhone SE 2020 auto-unlocked in 60 days.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    My reconditioned iPhone SE 2020 auto-unlocked in 60 days.
    Mine as well. I checked early and it was not unlocked. Around 7 am it got the txt saying it's unlocked and I was able verify the unlock on the ABOUT screen.

Feedback Score
    With active service. Correct? Many are wondering if it will unlock with only 30 days of service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hodaddy View Post
    With active service. Correct? Many are wondering if it will unlock with only 30 days of service.
    it's 12 months of active service - https://www.tfwunlockpolicy.com/wps/portal/home

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast