Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 645

Thread: The New Unlocking Thread After 11.23.2021 - All Your Scenarios Answered

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,205
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hodaddy View Post
    With active service. Correct? Many are wondering if it will unlock with only 30 days of service.
    Yes, I added a 90 day basic card.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,198
    Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, iPhone SE 2020, Samsung A51, Samsung A20
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Same here added 60 days of service via smartphone plan to the unlimited 30 days it came with.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    268
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S22 Ultra, Pixel 6, iPhone SE2
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone (VZW), Red Pocket (TMO), Cricket (ATT), FreeUp (ATT)
    Feedback Score
    0
    I had a weird unlocking experience yesterday. I received a text message that one of my TF-branded Samsung A11s was eligible for unlocking. The device was purchased with reward points on 7/10/21 and activated with transfer on 12/2/21 into an existing account with over 4 years of service time. I checked the unlocking page, and of course, got the not eligible message. I called the unlocking dept, and the agent verified my name, phone number, and email address, and then confirmed that the device is indeed eligible for unlocking. She then sent the unlocking codes and reference number by email.
    Here's where the fun started. I dialed #TFUNLOCK# to access the unlocking menu on the phone and then entered the unlocking codes. The first 2 tries returned error messages. I rebooted the device and tried again. This time I got the device is now unlocked message. Hurray! I then decided to test with non-TF SIMs. First, I tried a Visible SIM card (VZW) and got a message that the device is "Network Locked". Next I tried a FreeUP SIM card (AT&T) and got the same error message. I rebooted the device and tried the 2 non-TF SIMs again - still network-locked! I did a network reset and tried one more time - same error message. I tried again with no SIM card in the device - still no dice. Then I did a factory reset and fired up the unlocking menu and enter the unlocking codes in reverse order - entered the second code first, and the first code last. The device is unlocked message then popped up. Eureka! I tested with the FreeUP SIM and was able to make and receive calls.

    Lessons learnt:
    - After unlocking, test the device with a GSM SIM card.
    - If at first you don't succeed, try, try again, there is a chance you will succeed (Remember your kindergarten rhymes).
    Last edited by ChristInMe; 02-02-2022 at 01:02 PM.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    12,029
    Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristInMe View Post
    enter unlocking codes in reverse order - entered the second code first, and the first code last. The device is unlocked message then popped up. Eureka! I tested with the FreeUP SIM and was able to make and receive calls.
    That was reported by another forum members a few days ago. The codes were sent in the wrong order for him. (The codes for my Moto G Stylus sent on 1/26 were in the correct order).

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,198
    Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, iPhone SE 2020, Samsung A51, Samsung A20
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    That was reported by another forum members a few days ago. The codes were sent in the wrong order for him. (The codes for my Moto G Stylus sent on 1/26 were in the correct order).
    Yeah that happened to me.

    His case is a little different though because after rebooting it showed successful unlock after another attempt. I kept getting invalid code message so I called in and rep read the codes to me but switched the order and told me that sometimes if it doesn't work try entering second one first.

    I always test the "unlocked" phone with non-TF GSM sim (Tello). Even if it's an iPhone which indicates in settings that it has unlocked.

    In this case with this particular phone my phone didn't work with the GSM sim because it doesn't have GSM bands. It was an old phone.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    268
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S22 Ultra, Pixel 6, iPhone SE2
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone (VZW), Red Pocket (TMO), Cricket (ATT), FreeUp (ATT)
    Feedback Score
    0
    From my experience, if you have an account with extended service time, say 1 year, you can successively unlock multiple phones on the that same line. This makes HSN/QVC's $40/$50 TF phones deals more valuable. You can buy those phones to extend your service time, unlock them in 61 days, and then flip them in 2-3 months for profit

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,198
    Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, iPhone SE 2020, Samsung A51, Samsung A20
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristInMe View Post
    From my experience, if you have an account with extended service time, say 1 year, you can successively unlock multiple phones on the that same line. This makes HSN/QVC's $40/$50 TF phones deals more valuable. You can buy those phones to extend your service time, unlock them in 61 days, and then flip them in 2-3 months for profit
    So If I'm understanding correctly, yours I think is the first data points case of transferred in service (4 years) unlocking the new phone.
    No purchase of new service required to 60 day unlock that phone.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    268
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S22 Ultra, Pixel 6, iPhone SE2
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone (VZW), Red Pocket (TMO), Cricket (ATT), FreeUp (ATT)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    So If I'm understanding correctly, yours I think is the first data points case of transferred in service (4 years) unlocking the new phone.
    No purchase of new service required to 60 day unlock that phone.
    Correct. The line was originally activated with a TF-branded iPhone SE2 purchased in 2020. Once the iPhone was unlocked in Nov'21, I then transferred in the Galaxy A11 purchased with rewards points. Service time on the line was extended multiple times through reward points and HSN's TF phone deals. As of yesterday, 2 phones have been successively unlocked on that same line. I will transfer in a new moto e (from last week's HSN deal) next week and that device will also be unlocked in April.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,464
    Feedback Score
    0
    But did you redeem for any service _after_ the transfer activation? I always thought the key was that you have to redeem for service after the transfer. I have two transfer activations that are due for unlock in late Feb:

    1) I transferred service and the next day applied a 90 day rewards
    2) I transferred service and did not add any more service (but expiration date is later this year)

    I did not expect #2 to unlock on its own, but I have some hope now. And thanks for adding your DP to the thread and the discussion here. Everyone is doing exactly what we hoped -- one clean list, and discussion here.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    268
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S22 Ultra, Pixel 6, iPhone SE2
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone (VZW), Red Pocket (TMO), Cricket (ATT), FreeUp (ATT)
    Feedback Score
    0
    No, I did not add any service after the transfer activation.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,464
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks. Gonna assembly line my unlocks like you then!

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    785
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristInMe View Post
    Correct. The line was originally activated with a TF-branded iPhone SE2 purchased in 2020. Once the iPhone was unlocked in Nov'21, I then transferred in the Galaxy A11 purchased with rewards points. Service time on the line was extended multiple times through reward points and HSN's TF phone deals. As of yesterday, 2 phones have been successively unlocked on that same line. I will transfer in a new moto e (from last week's HSN deal) next week and that device will also be unlocked in April.
    I guess this makes sense because all it says is "activation on the Verizon network". Doesn't say anything about activation having to be on a new line/account.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    116
    Feedback Score
    0
    I just got a text saying my TF branded TCL A3 is eligible for unlocking. Transferred in on 12/3/21 with 9 months of service left. Did not add any time. Unlocking site says it is not eligible, however.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,198
    Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, iPhone SE 2020, Samsung A51, Samsung A20
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    The unlocking policy states that Tracfone device must be "activated with new service on the Verizon network"

    Some have thought this could mean a new line or that one needs to pay for new service on the new line to be eligible for 60 day unlock.

    In the past, it you transfer in service with an activation, this transferred in service generally did not count toward the 12 months you have to pay to unlock the new phone. You had to pay for 12 months of service for that activated phone. In addition to doing 12 months of time.

    But, apparently that's not that case now since it seems phones can unlock with just the transferred in service with no service plans bought to cover the 60 days after transfer in activation of new phone. So that's a lot better/cheaper.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,198
    Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, iPhone SE 2020, Samsung A51, Samsung A20
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by winner123 View Post
    I just got a text saying my TF branded TCL A3 is eligible for unlocking. Transferred in on 12/3/21 with 9 months of service left. Did not add any time. Unlocking site says it is not eligible, however.
    If you call the unlocking department at 1-888-442-5102 they will likely push it through.
    You'll get an email with two unlock codes.

Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Ultimate Unlocking Thread
    By thecynosureone in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-27-2005, 11:44 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-07-2004, 10:29 PM
  3. anyone get the new VMI today? (5-11-04)
    By Symp EL in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2004, 05:32 PM
  4. What happened to the E715 Unlock Thread?
    By yoony64 in forum Samsung
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-31-2004, 10:18 PM
  5. Has anyone tried the new unlocking/flashing tool...
    By rrypma in forum SonyEricsson
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-22-2003, 10:38 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks