Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast

Thread: The New Unlocking Thread After 11.23.2021 - All Your Scenarios Answered

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hsk2002 View Post
    I get an error when i try to text 6116111. In Page plus dashboard it doesn't show the phone or IMEI, only the phone number.

The Sim checker returned:
    SICKW.COM IMEI Check Estimated Purchase Date: May 27, 2022
    Warranty Status: Limited Warranty
    Device Age: 1 Month and 27 Days
    Replaced Device: No
    Locked Carrier: US Tracfone / Straighttalk Locked Policy
    SIM-Lock: Locked

I wonder if i should just call tracfone and order a new replacement sim and activate with them.
    FWIW - Previously I activated (via online) a new TF VZ phone but used an AT&T SIM from one of those BYOP 3-packs. When I went to my TF account the details showed "Device unknown" and the SIM number, but no IMEI because I never provided it.

Since then I swapped the original VZ SIM back in and called TF and activated the phone as a new phone because TF never had the IMEI. Almost immediately I received a text message stating I could unlock the phone in 60 days. However I don't know if this would have worked if I had used a BYOP VZ SIM and called TF & provided the IEMI.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I think I’m the first to unlock the TCL Flip 2, but today is day 60 and the website approved my unlock request and gave me two unlock codes immediately. I entered them into the phone, it rebooted and I tested it with a T-Mobile SIM. Works perfectly. VoLTE and even Wi-Fi calling work like a charm.

For a $20 flip phone, it works well and I like the large external screen for caller ID. The LG Classic Flip still feels better built but it’s hard to find now and the tiny vertical called ID screen isn’t great.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 13 Pro eSIM; Galaxy S21 5G
    Secondary: TracFones: iPhone 13 Pro dual-SIM [AT&T] & iPhone 13 mini [Verizon]
    Mobile Broadband: ZTE Z917 LTE hotspot (5GB for $10)

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLand_BoY View Post
    I think I’m the first to unlock the TCL Flip 2. I entered them into the phone, it rebooted and I tested it with a T-Mobile SIM. Works perfectly. VoLTE and even Wi-Fi calling work like a charm.
    Is it the My Flip 2 (A406DL) or Flip 2 (A408DL) ? I just ordered a My Flip 2 bundle from HSN for $30 (after code HSN2022) + taxes. BTW, both models are on AT&T Whitelist.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S22 Ultra, Pixel 6, iPhone SE2
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone (VZW), Red Pocket (TMO), Cricket (ATT), FreeUp (ATT)
    Feedback Score
    I've unlocked 5 devices, all Alcatel MyFlip 2 (A406DL). They are surprisingly smooth for making phone calls. I can understand their appeal for older folks. Unfortunately, I'm swapped them for deals with Visible since I'm a smart phone kind of guy.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Is it the My Flip 2 (A406DL) or Flip 2 (A408DL) ? I just ordered a My Flip 2 bundle from HSN for $30 (after code HSN2022) + taxes. BTW, both models are on AT&T Whitelist.
    This is the (superior) A408DL. The back button and faster processor make all the difference. It's so hard to find a good flip phone these days. T-Mobile has their version of the TCL Flip 2 but it's $96. Not unreasonable though.

Feedback Score
    I have a Samsung S21 that I activated back in Feb using a 90 day basic card. I let the phone end in May and haven't touched it since. I tried to unlock using the website, but it says my phone number isn't valid for unlocking. I assume this is because the phone is currently not active. Is there anything I can do?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fr33b13 View Post
    I have a Samsung S21 that I activated back in Feb using a 90 day basic card. I let the phone end in May and haven't touched it since. I tried to unlock using the website, but it says my phone number isn't valid for unlocking. I assume this is because the phone is currently not active. Is there anything I can do?
    Try using the phone IMEI to request unlock.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8SD View Post
    Try using the phone IMEI to request unlock.
    Unfortunately same error message

Feedback Score
    i believe the phone must have active service for it to be unlocked.
    if you let it expire, it must be reactivated for it to be eligible for unlocking.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    i believe the phone must have active service for it to be unlocked.
    if you let it expire, it must be reactivated for it to be eligible for unlocking.
    I believe you can still unlock it within 60 days after expiration.

Feedback Score
    Is it a Tracfone-branded S21?

IIRC, Tracfone has never sold a Samsung S21. And since TF can only unlock TF-branded phones, that's probably why it can't be unlocked.
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code (you get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or brand new phone!) You'll also get great karma! Not supposed to post referral codes out on the forum so please PM me for code. Thank you!

Feedback Score
    hmm so you only have 2 months to unlock phone after end of service, grr didn't know that..

anyways my real question is I just unlocked a a51 phones, put in the 2 codes, said it unlocked.
    with I phones its easy to tell if its unlocked or not, with Samsung's how do you double check it
    to make sure its unlocked?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshtt View Post
    with Samsung's how do you double check it to make sure its unlocked?
    Put in a non-TF SIM. If it's not rejected then the phone is unlocked.

Feedback Score
    I noticed Samsung flagship phones at TF (edit: TW I meant to say) like S22 series are not DL version but Samsung ××-U (same model number as factory unlocked version?). Do they come in Samsung original packaging and sealed as Apple phones?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile1212 View Post
    I noticed Samsung flagship phones at TF (edit: TW I meant to say) like S22 series are not DL version but Samsung ××-U (same model number as factory unlocked version?).
    I don't know the answer to your question, but this is the only place I see the TF version and it's $849. You can easily do the Google Fi Deal and get an unlocked US version for $300 + tax and 4 months of service around $27/month. (The pop-up window says it's expired, but it's still available).
    Last edited by hpham; 08-13-2022 at 08:36 AM.

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast