Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 51

Thread: Should I switch my gUDP to the new 5G Get More plan?

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,696
    Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Higher QCI levels are assigned to VoLTE calls, with 911 calls getting top priority and regular calls getting second-highest priority. That’s why phone calls continue to work even when data won’t load.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,996
    Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SammiBammi View Post
    • No hotspot data included for free
    If you use a non-Verizon device / NVZW certified device, you do get unlimited "official" hotspot for free on gUDP.

    This was affirmed in Nguyen v. Verizon by Verizon's own responses in the case.

    Verizon did shut down a lot of gUDP accounts using physical hotspots this week, and they refused to allow them to arbitrate before closing either - possibly in violation of their own agreement.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    910
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hatoncat View Post
    If you use a non-Verizon device / NVZW certified device, you do get unlimited "official" hotspot for free on gUDP.

    This was affirmed in Nguyen v. Verizon by Verizon's own responses in the case.

    Verizon did shut down a lot of gUDP accounts using physical hotspots this week, and they refused to allow them to arbitrate before closing either - possibly in violation of their own agreement.
    Holy smokes!! I thought Verizon was just taking a hands off approach since they offer unlimited data plans once again. So theyre on the attack against these plans one more time?

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    7,945
    Device(s)
    iPhone 13 ProMax, Fold 3
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile USA, AT$T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    Holy smokes!! I thought Verizon was just taking a hands off approach since they offer unlimited data plans once again. So they’re on the attack against these plans one more time?
    Verizon does not want phones traveling around with unlimited hotspot. The gUDP plan being on "good qci" all of the time, they hate people like me who travel all over and use 100+GB on a hotspot. It's hard to plan capacity for people like me as i'm always on the move.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,486
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Can you transfer ownership of them at all or not anymore?

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,996
    Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    Holy smokes!! I thought Verizon was just taking a hands off approach since they offer unlimited data plans once again. So they’re on the attack against these plans one more time?
    Yes. Unfortunately. And they were very brazen this time. Previously if people demanded arbitration, they backed off.

    This time around, even people that filed for arbitration before cancellation, and notified the abuse team, were still cancelled. Reportedly, they made it clear filing for arbitration made no difference to Verizon. This potentially violates Verizon's own terms on arbitrating disputes.

    Quote Originally Posted by pfwarrior View Post
    Can you transfer ownership of them at all or not anymore?
    No. Only exception is two companies that merge.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    893
    Feedback Score
    0
    Should I be looking for some kind of warning or will it just quit working?
    I've got a gUDP line in a mofi 4500 sim 4 v2
    Shows on the account as "MOFI - MOFI4500-4GXLTE-V2"

    It doesn't have to stay working that much longer as fiber will be here within a few months but them shutting it off would still be annoying.

    They don't offer their LTE home service here even though we were on a list of covered zip codes years ago.

    Wouldn't be worth the hassle for me to fight them on it at this point.

    Not sure what I'd do in the meantime.
    Fastest solution would be to have them convert the line to the premium hotspot plan and try and ride out the last month or two there.
    I could get TMHI back but that would take longer and I didn't keep it because it wasn't reliable at my house.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,696
    Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    The only way to "transfer" a gUDP is for the old user to ship the new user their SIM card and for the new user to simply pay the old user the cost of the plan once a month, so the old user retains ownership but the new user still gets gUDP access.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,486
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Hmm yeah but that makes one liable for any usage the other does. Anyhow can be done between two known people. Does consumer to business transfer of ownership still work or not anymore?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    7,945
    Device(s)
    iPhone 13 ProMax, Fold 3
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile USA, AT$T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pfwarrior View Post
    Hmm yeah but that makes one liable for any usage the other does. Anyhow can be done between two known people. Does consumer to business transfer of ownership still work or not anymore?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, they stopped ANY movement of the gUDP plan a while ago. verizon wants these plans gone.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,996
    Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sims View Post
    Should I be looking for some kind of warning or will it just quit working?
    I've got a gUDP line in a mofi 4500 sim 4 v2
    Shows on the account as "MOFI - MOFI4500-4GXLTE-V2"
    If you want to be safer, you should switch back to an Android phone (something like an Essential PH-1 that doesn't have the Android tethering check) and a USB WAN router.

    In theory you're supposed to get notice 15 days before they disconnect you. But some have reported not getting the notice.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    271
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    No, they stopped ANY movement of the gUDP plan a while ago. verizon wants these plans gone.
    Oh man imagine a business gUDP with a static IP address LOL


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,486
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sucks I wish there becomes a way to do it.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    7,945
    Device(s)
    iPhone 13 ProMax, Fold 3
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile USA, AT$T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by VoIP2TDM View Post
    Oh man imagine a business gUDP with a static IP address LOL


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There was a short window that $0 public IP could have been put on a consumer account, and I (and others that worked there) got it as well.

    I gave up the plan when the $100/mo plus $20 per phone unlimited plan came out, I did not need "fully unlimited" hotspot on Verizon, so there was just no need to keep it anymore.. I then later dumped Verizon due to the congestion issues.

    I tried them again for a work trip last week.. where C-Band has been deployed, it's unsurprisingly good.. but I want to give them a year to level everything out before I bother to swap full time, as I'd get 3Gbps inside an airport terminal.. walk outside waiting for a car and it drops to the Kbps range.. i'm good on that nonsense.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    228
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    There was a short window that $0 public IP could have been put on a consumer account, and I (and others that worked there) got it as well.

    I gave up the plan when the $100/mo plus $20 per phone unlimited plan came out, I did not need "fully unlimited" hotspot on Verizon, so there was just no need to keep it anymore.. I then later dumped Verizon due to the congestion issues.

    I tried them again for a work trip last week.. where C-Band has been deployed, it's unsurprisingly good.. but I want to give them a year to level everything out before I bother to swap full time, as I'd get 3Gbps inside an airport terminal.. walk outside waiting for a car and it drops to the Kbps range.. i'm good on that nonsense.
    I have gUDP but I also have the old $65 unlimited prepaid plan. If they cancel my gUDPs Ill just use that. I just dont know or want to risk using my old prepaid plan in a 5g hotspot. Would I get 5g? Thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. should I switch my mom to Page Plus?
    By prgls163 in forum Page Plus Cellular
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-12-2011, 08:21 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-07-2010, 08:35 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 06:03 PM
  4. can Weekends and Evenings be added to the new "urban talk 30" plan?
    By paullibby in forum TELUS/Koodo/Public Mobile
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 05:08 PM
  5. is it worth changing to the new ac no roam plan?
    By cyber in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 04:29 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks