Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rewards Points for Add a Line

Feedback Score

Rewards Points for Add a Line

I began this discussion in the Tracfone Rewards thread but felt it merited its own thread.

I have added a line and am trying to get the 7000 points for that. The new line being added is a new Tracfone that I purchased with rewards points. It is a brand new phone with a new number. The new line is being added to an account that has never had an additional line added to it.

On Monday, February 28, I added the line and activated the new number using a card that I had purchased at the grocery store. The new phone is active and working. The pending points did not show up.

On Tuesday, March 1, I checked and the pending points still did not show up. I went online and did a chat. I was told it would be fixed and to expect a call back.

On Wednesday, March 2, the points still did not show so I called corporate. I spoke with a very helpful young man. He tried to get the points to show on my account. He was unable to do so and said that he would escalate the issue. He gave me a reference number and scheduled a call back for March 4.

On Friday, March 4, I received the call back. The person I spoke with did not seem to know the reason for the call back. I gave her the reference number. After several minutes discussion, she said that for security reasons the pending points would not show up for 7 days. I find this difficult to believe since the points should show up as pending and then vest at 60 days.

The issue is still not resolved, but I am not giving up.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, iPhone SE 2020, Samsung A51, Samsung A20
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I would just call the corporate office again until you get it resolved. I've hit it 5 times in a row with 5 minutes spaces in between to get something fixed. Some reps are better and more capable than others.

I've added about 7 lines and I've used the chat each time to do it and it's always worked. Not saying one can't have a problem with the chat, but this problem seems common and most of the time seems to happen when people try to do it without chat assistance.

Also, with the chat, you can document it if you get a reference number and save the chat text in text file and with FF refresh trick, you can get a transcript in addition.

Might as well get a balance as well while there and use it as an opportunity to back up the whole account.

Feedback Score
    I've called about half a dozen times for a referral that I did on Feb 21. The referred account got points but the referring doesn't show any activity on that date, pending or otherwise. So far I've been told a number of different things ranging from "sorry you didn't really use your referral code so no points" to "we'll escalate" to "we added the points but it will take 24-48 hours". Of course after 48 hours when I called back it became 72 hours. And it's past 72 hours and still no points.

Is this the definition of insanity....

Sent from my Z6530V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I tried HUCA and got the same rep that told me the code doesn't show on the account and he can't do anything for me. He remembered me and asked why I was calling again. I said honestly I didn't like his answer and that rather than ask for a supervisor I tried calling back. He seemed to accept that, didn't change his "no" answer, and I asked to be transferred to a supervisor. Of course instead of transferring he hung up on me, accidental or on purpose I'll never know. Unless I get him again when I call back lol.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cwshop View Post
    I tried HUCA and got the same rep that told me the code doesn't show on the account and he can't do anything for me. He remembered me and asked why I was calling again. I said honestly I didn't like his answer and that rather than ask for a supervisor I tried calling back. He seemed to accept that, didn't change his "no" answer, and I asked to be transferred to a supervisor. Of course instead of transferring he hung up on me, accidental or on purpose I'll never know. Unless I get him again when I call back lol.

Wow that's bad luck. Lately every rep I get seems different. I spoke with someone pretty competent this morning (8am).

Some people have gotten this particular issue fixed with corporate line so it can be done.

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...9#post17209199

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...5#post17209475

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by happygrrl1 View Post
    After several minutes discussion, she said that for security reasons the pending points would not show up for 7 days. I find this difficult to believe since the points should show up as pending and then vest at 60 days.
    It's difficult to believe because it's not true. As I mentioned in the TF Reward thread, yesterday TF automatically added two devices to my account (probably the refurb iPhone SEs that they just shipped) and pending points showed up the same day.

Name:  Tracfone-Devices-2022-03-04-masked.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  29.4 KB

Name:  Tracfone-Reward-Activity-Main-2022-03-04.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  28.2 KB

Feedback Score
    The saga continues. I called corporate again this afternoon. The first agent I spoke with said that Tracfone did not offer 7000 bonus points for add Aline. I read her the information from the website she then said that it had been more than 30 days since the phone was activated…it was activated this week. She then said that since the original line had been activated more than 30 days (true, it is an older line) I was not eligible for add a line points. I then said the 30 day limit was for the new line not the old! At that point I asked to be transferred.

The new agent could see the new add a line should be eligible for the reward points, but he was unable to add them. He said he would escalate the issue and just like the agent from Wednesday he he gave me a reference number for the escalation and said 24 to 48 hours. He offered a call back, but I said no I will call back myself if not resolved in 48 hours. I figured that based on this morning’s call back, a call back would be useless.

The tally so far on this..one online chat session on Tuesday, one 35 minute call on Wednesday, one approximately 15 minute call on Friday morning, and one 53 minute call on Friday afternoon. Clearly it is not worth the time that Tracfone and I are spending on this, but at this point I am determined.

Actually, I feel sympathetic towards the customer service reps. They obviously have not received the training they need and they are working with a system that is not working well.

Feedback Score
    Ha ha, I have wasted far more time than that in getting my referral points. I'm on my second rep today that said they were adding them manually. The first said it would take 30 minutes to show up and would call in 30 minutes. No points and no callback. I've been pretty productive though since most of the time I'm just waiting for them to put me on hold for two or more minutes at a time...I can multitask.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cwshop View Post
    Ha ha, I have wasted far more time than that in getting my referral points. I'm on my second rep today that said they were adding them manually. The first said it would take 30 minutes to show up and would call in 30 minutes. No points and no callback. I've been pretty productive though since most of the time I'm just waiting for them to put me on hold for two or more minutes at a time...I can multitask.

I'm having issues with reward points being credited. Have customer service problems with Tracfone recent or have they existed for many years? What other similar competitor options are there?

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SJGUY99 View Post
    Have customer service problems with Tracfone recent or have they existed for many years? What other similar competitor options are there?
    Back in "the old days", more reps were based in Miami and spoke English fluently. Nowadays, they have call centers in India, the Philippines, and I think also in South America. The Indian reps have heavy accents, plus many of them work from home due to COVID, so the connection is poor, with background noise, crowing roosters, laughing children, and the rep's access to TF system might not be as robust as being on-site. Dealing with TF reps has always been YMMV, some reps are good, some are clueless and made up answers. I don't have much experience with other MVNOs to compare.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Back in "the old days", more reps were based in Miami and spoke English fluently. Nowadays, they have call centers in India, the Philippines, and I think also in South America. The Indian reps have heavy accents, plus many of them work from home due to COVID, so the connection is poor, with background noise, crowing roosters, laughing children, and the rep's access to TF system might not be as robust as being on-site. Dealing with TF reps has always been YMMV, some reps are good, some are clueless and made up answers. I don't have much experience with other MVNOs to compare.

They need to hire more representatives. I have been on hold for more than 50 minutes.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    They need to hire more representatives. I have been on hold for more than 50 minutes.
    I think when you call in if there is a long wait you should just hang up and call later when the hold time isn't so bad.

I've noticed when people would post I'm on hold for an hour or whatever, I'll give it a call at that moment and the wait time is one minute.

Better to call when the wait is not long than accept some long wait and get locked into some wait nightmare.

I'd also recommend calling early if possilbe, they open at 8am est.

I called this morning at around that time and got an accounts buckets and service end date manipulated and then finally, deactivated.
    It was a 5 minute call.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    I think when you call in if there is a long wait you should just hang up and call later when the hold time isn't so bad.

I've noticed when people would post I'm on hold for an hour or whatever, I'll give it a call at that moment and the wait time is one minute.

Better to call when the wait is not long than accept some long wait and get locked into some wait nightmare.

I called this morning at around that time and got an accounts buckets and service end date manipulated and then finally, deactivated.
    It was a 5 minute call.

Got a rep after 1 hour, rep's system wasn't working so rep transferred me to another department, that rep took down my information and I was placed on hold for over 20 minutes before the line got disconnected by Tracfone. What a company!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post

It was a 5 minute call.
    I just called again and this time they don't mention wait time LOL, just a rep with will be with your shortly.

I hope the Tracfone representative on this forum is reading these messages so he/she can get some real feedback on what's going on with this company.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I just called again and this time they don't mention wait time LOL, just a rep with will be with your shortly.

I hope the Tracfone representative on this forum is reading these messages so he/she can get some real feedback on what's going on with this company.
    What number are you calling? The corporate numbers are closed till Monday. They shut down at 5pm est.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast