Thread: is anyone aware of an escalation path for Total Wireless Issues?

Feedback Score

is anyone aware of an escalation path for Total Wireless Issues?

All,

Thanks to the info on this forum, I became a Page Plus customer, later switching to Total Wireless. I have ben a Total Wireless customer for several years now with little to no issues.

Last September I bought a Samsung A32 for my wife for ~$250 and within the first couple months it was apparent there were hardware issues. I contacted support and in December got a pre-paid postage sticker to mail the defective phone back. The phone arrived at Total Wireless on Jan 11th.

Now, almost 2 months and 12 support calls later, I still don't have a replacement phone. I have been told 3 times over the past 3 weeks a replacement phone is going to be shipped to me, but none arrives. I have tried all the usual support methods (chat and customer support phone number..tried contacting their customer relations email they have posted on the site but it's not a valid email). I am just in loop now of being given no information...the last 3 times I called I am told I have to speak to their corporate office, then when I get transferred to the corporate office my call is disconnected.

Thankfully I had an older phone I was able to activate for my wife so she has not been completely without a phone for the past 2 months...but this is extreeeemely frustrating..I need them to send me a replacement phone or refund my money, but I have yet to find someone who can actually fix the issue...or tell me the truth about what's going on.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    What kind of issue was it?

Feedback Score
    I believe the wireless/bluetooth module was failing...the phone would just restart itself randomly if I didn't leave the wifi disabled. Then the screen started just glitching and showing random squares all over. I figured it was toast but did a factory reset in the hopes it would resolve, but no luck. Total Wireless support sent me the pre-paid postage to mail it back, and according to the tracking number it arrived at their facility Jan 11th. Since then I've had 0 communication about when I'm getting a new phone. I've called about 13 times now. I was told that phone isn't available (although it's being advertised/for sale on their website) and would I be OK with a like model. I said yes I would be OK with a like model 3 times....and 3 times they said they are sending me a replacement. Now for the past couple days I can't even get someone to acknowledge the issue...I've been told 3 times they will transfer me to the corporate office, but each time I go back to the automated menu then get disconnected. So this 4th time I told them I need the corporate office to call me back... I was told they would call me back in 30 mins..that was 1 hour ago.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    If it was a hardware issue from what it sounds like, it could be that they are out of stock of the replacement phone.

From what I heard from other users, sometimes the support number does not know the inventory that they have.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    If it was a hardware issue from what it sounds like, it could be that they are out of stock of the replacement phone.

From what I heard from other users, sometimes the support number does not know the inventory that they have.
    Yes I did get that much from them. Though it doesn't make much sense since they are selling the same model phone on their website...and pumping out ads for that phone. I could go buy this phone today from their website, so saying they can't get it isn't really being honest.

Also, I have told them 3 times over the past 3 weeks I'm OK with a similar model replacement and they tell me they are sending me a replacement, but I still don't have a replacement phone. at a minimum I would expect some sort of email about the status of the return of the broken phone. The only way I've gotten any information is to call/chat and then get transferred to another department.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I have seen their web site having issues with inventory too.

There has been a number of people that have order new phones, and had to wait for months.

Feedback Score
    you would be without the phone for a few days if it works but have you considered going direct to Samsung for a warranty repair/replacement ?

in my experience manufactures are always the better route for hardware warranty issues than providers

sorry i typed the above before reading the entire post and realizing you already mailed your phone, that sucks that they have not returned to you yet

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyrobby View Post
    you would be without the phone for a few days if it works but have you considered going direct to Samsung for a warranty repair/replacement ?

in my experience manufactures are always the better route for hardware warranty issues than providers

sorry i typed the above before reading the entire post and realizing you already mailed your phone, that sucks that they have not returned to you yet
    that's cool man I'll definitely keep that in mind in the future! If there's some kind of shortage or supply chain issue that's fine I just need someone to be honest with me, not tell me a new phone is coming 3 times when it's not. The last time I called I was given a ticket number and told I need to call back in 24-48 hours to see what the status is. The problem is they are doing what everyone is doing, farming their support out to the lowest bidder...so I pass through like 2-3 different departments..noone knows what is going on...they are on the other side of the world with terrible connections half the time. The person I called today and gave my ticket number said they have no record of the 3 times I was told a replacement phone is being sent to me .

Lucky for me I had an old phone that my wife can use temporarily...but it really stinks when I paid $250 for a phone that didn't work for 3 months and can't even get an ETA of when my replacement phone will arrive...

Feedback Score
    Tracfone corporate 305-640-2000x1029, then an FCC online complaint. Takes about 5 minutes and will get attention from their executive resolutions area.

Feedback Score
    Thank you sir! Filed a complaint with FCC and called the direct corporate number. The number still gave me the same runaround of no status from the warehouse and try back in a couple days so I informed them about the FCC complaint..and at a minimum I have a direct line to someone vs 30 mins of waiting only to get hung up on half the time.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless , trying Visible
    Feedback Score
    Their MO seems to be to keep you waiting and then drop the call. Happened to me as well online and on then on the phone. Moved on to another provider after using them for years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The best escalation path I had for Total Wireless a few years ago when I couldn't get data working on my devices no matter how many soft resets I did, sim swaps, or even device swaps I did was to port out.