Thread: Just wanted to say some nice things about Tracfone!

Feedback Score

Just wanted to say some nice things about Tracfone!

So I am helping an elderly family member with their AT&T-Prepaid service, and I realized there are a couple things that I really, really like about Tracfone!

One thing I realized I should value more with TF is that I can just add a plan to my line at any time, and everything gets added on top of existing balances. That’s so useful – in contrast, with AT&T-Prepaid, if the plan expires on the 30th and you refill on the 10th, you lose 20 days!

And the fact that Tracfone is true “pay as you go” with the non-monthly plans. After seeing AT&T’s prepaid offerings, I suddenly realized how valuable true pay as you go is.

I hope Verizon doesn’t mess around / get rid of these two features. IMO, those are truly what set Tracfone apart from other prepaid.

(I also just realized that it feels a little strange to be saying *nice* things about dear ole quirky Tracfone! )
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code (you get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or a brand new phone!)
    You can sign up for Red Pocket and get $25 off your monthly-plan order using my referral code. Feel free to PM me for the codes. Thank you!

Feedback Score
    Yes, these are aspects of Tracfone that I appreciate. I’m a very light, but very lumpy user of data, text, minutes. I’ve seen plans that are inexpensive for say 100 minutes per month. Well most months I don’t use that many minutes but occasionally I need to more than that. I like the flexibility that Tracfone offers. Also, I like to build up and extend my service time.

One other thing I like is the rewards program. I know it can be glitchy and problematic, but when it works it’s great. I’m quick to complain when something doesn’t work, but I do appreciate when it works.

One thing that I’m going to miss eventually, is the ability to have phones on different networks. I use a phone on TF AT&T. I purposely put my husband on TF VZ so that we should have excellent coverage on road trips.

Feedback Score
    I've been with Tracfone since 2007, it's the only cell service I've used. I am only a light user so buying minutes as I need them is perfect for me. My main TF line has service days out to 203x and plenty of minutes/texts/data so I don't have to think about adding anything for years.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    So I am helping an elderly family member with their AT&T-Prepaid service, and I realized there are a couple things that I really, really like about Tracfone!

One thing I realized I should value more with TF is that I can just add a plan to my line at any time, and everything gets added on top of existing balances. That’s so useful – in contrast, with AT&T-Prepaid, if the plan expires on the 30th and you refill on the 10th, you lose 20 days!

And the fact that Tracfone is true “pay as you go” with the non-monthly plans. After seeing AT&T’s prepaid offerings, I suddenly realized how valuable true pay as you go is.

I hope Verizon doesn’t mess around / get rid of these two features. IMO, those are truly what set Tracfone apart from other prepaid.

(I also just realized that it feels a little strange to be saying *nice* things about dear ole quirky Tracfone! )
    I like Tracfone fine for the same reasons. However, I just had two horrible experiences with them.

Alextrac don't bother sending me a PM telling me to contact customer support. I already have and they are completely useless.

Feedback Score
    Put me down that TracFone combination of long expiration and rollover is pretty unique value for those of us who are low usage with spikes in between.

The rewards program is also generous when it works right.

Yet every experienced user here also knows we pay when it comes to customer service on any sort of problem.

Unfortunately I am waiting for the Verizon overlords to ruin both of the former and make no changes to the latter, but I will enjoy it while it lasts with all my friends here making it a bit easier to deal with.

Feedback Score
    Rollover is great, been with TracFone for 20 years. I just hope I never have to call customer service again...

Up in the New Mexico mountains where the cougars run free and are covered with snow! Breathe the FRESH AIR, there!
    Device(s)
    Do, Help me get my little girl off the phone! She talks too much causing her mommy a lot of money!
    Carrier(s)
    BYOP works the best! HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ABLE TO USE TRACFONE ON ALL CARRIERS LIKE HSN claims?
    Feedback Score
    I do not worry about Verizon service with TracFone because my plan is grandfathered and I will have free service for many years to come and if TracFone/Verizon changes that, good old court system and all the reviews you can make online will prove to be great on discouraging customers and revenue to both Verizon and TracFone!

Yes everyone will want to keep an eye on TracFone/Verizon as they try, you see try to stay positive in a Verizon/TracFone negative world that this company has caused.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by medontknow View Post
    I do not worry about Verizon service with TracFone because my plan is grandfathered and I will have free service for many years to come and if TracFone/Verizon changes that, good old court system and all the reviews you can make online will prove to be great on discouraging customers and revenue to both Verizon and TracFone!

Yes everyone will want to keep an eye on TracFone/Verizon as they try, you see try to stay positive in a Verizon/TracFone negative world that this company has caused.
    A monthly pay as you go plan is Grandfathered in....... youdontknow

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by medontknow View Post

Good luck with that. Read the T&Cs you agreed to. They can change whatever they want whenever they want.

Up in the New Mexico mountains where the cougars run free and are covered with snow! Breathe the FRESH AIR, there!
    Device(s)
    Do, Help me get my little girl off the phone! She talks too much causing her mommy a lot of money!
    Carrier(s)
    BYOP works the best! HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ABLE TO USE TRACFONE ON ALL CARRIERS LIKE HSN claims?
    Feedback Score
    The key here with our plans is Verizon/TracFone tries to keep Positively NEGATIVE!!