Thread: Chat without getting text verification?

Feedback Score

Chat without getting text verification?

I want to chat about someone else's phone, but when I type AGENT in the chatbox, I am told to enter the PP phone # to verify.
    The problem: I have been trying to fix an issue with my mom's PP Paygo: she lives out of town, has a flip phone that she can't see well enough to read texts, and I haven't told her of the problem because PP took $100 from her account.
    I could not get signed into the account and also never received the password reset emails. When I tried to enter a PIN manually on the 800#, they were having "technical difficultues". The day before her end date, I called and spoke with a rep. I gave him the PIN and he supposedly applied it, verified there is a 30 day grace period, and sent a password reset email. I got the email the day after her end date, but when I signed in, the PIN had not been added and she had lost her $99.26 balance. I added the PIN, so it was not the issue. I can't get any help with the 800#, and emails get returned as undelivered.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Unless you are already authorized on the account, customer service should not talk to you under any circumstance at a store, by phone or online at any time. Such policies are in effect to prevent fraudulent access to an account and failing to do so is subject to immediate dismissal of an account rep. Not many folks are willing to take that risk to their job, but it is possible.

Personally, I served as a CS rep for At&t for about 14 years and it was no different for post-paid and pre-paid service. There were no exceptions to the rule and asking for a manager would result in the same effect. If you try to enter a different email or text # other than what your mother had previously specified your results are typical. You need to have her call ahead of time to give you authorization to speak to them. Sorry to be so blunt, but those are the facts.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

I don't think there is a name on the phone account.The online account is with my email address. I bought the phone for her, did the set-up, and have always managed adding the PIN's. I wasn't trying "to enter a different email or text # other than what your mother had previously specified". I was not trying to change the password to gain access to someone else's account; there is a known issue with log-in on PP that shows incorrect username/password, but it's actually to do with using another browser/settings.

Feedback Score
    With TF, which owns PPC, the email code works. I take care of a number of lines for a number of people, and I rarely actually have any of the phones in hand, so the CSR emails the code, which I DO receive.

Have you checked your email SPAM folder?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    With TF, which owns PPC, the email code works. I take care of a number of lines for a number of people, and I rarely actually have any of the phones in hand, so the CSR emails the code, which I DO receive.

Have you checked your email SPAM folder?
    Thanks for the reply. I do check the spam folder.
    How do you communicate with the CSR in the first place to request a code be emailed? When I try a chat on the PP website, it starts with a bot, then I type AGENT and get the message to enter ph# to receive verification text. At this point, the chat is still automated and I can't get any further.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiedewbie View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I do check the spam folder.
    How do you communicate with the CSR in the first place to request a code be emailed? When I try a chat on the PP website, it starts with a bot, then I type AGENT and get the message to enter ph# to receive verification text. At this point, the chat is still automated and I can't get any further.
    Go to this thread https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...-on-PP-website

Read through the whole thread. There's tips and tricks to get the real live chat.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Go to this thread https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...-on-PP-website

Read through the whole thread. There's tips and tricks to get the real live chat.
    Thank you so much for that!
    I had to go to the library and use their computer, but your instructions worked perfectly.
    It took a 55 minute chat, but the balance was restored.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiedewbie View Post
    Thank you so much for that!
    I had to go to the library and use their computer, but your instructions worked perfectly.
    It took a 55 minute chat, but the balance was restored.
    You're welcome. Good to hear.