Thread: glitches in redeeming points?

Feedback Score

glitches in redeeming points?

Was trying to add some texts using points. the 500p for 1000t was no longer offered. Instead I got 500p for 0MB (do not expire) and 1000p for 0MB (do expire); and I was able to add these to cart (and unable to remove them from cart)! What's going on?

I also noticed (see another thread) that I no longer had the option of entering a phone number as the beneficiary of the redemption; I only got to select among the numbers of current account.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by snehne View Post
    Was trying to add some texts using points. the 500p for 1000t was no longer offered. Instead I got 500p for 0MB (do not expire) and 1000p for 0MB (do expire); and I was able to add these to cart (and unable to remove them from cart)! What's going on?

I also noticed (see another thread) that I no longer had the option of entering a phone number as the beneficiary of the redemption; I only got to select among the numbers of current account.
    Yup, the 0MB data! That's what TF calls those cards now. See this thread: https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...9-Zero-MB-data

As for your second question - from what I've read, people add the beneficiary line to the donor account, and are able to buy for that line. (I've never tried that; I'm too much of a wuss )
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code (you get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or a brand new phone!)
    You can sign up for Red Pocket and get $25 off your monthly-plan order using my referral code. Feel free to PM me for the codes. Thank you!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    Yup, the 0MB data! That's what TF calls those cards now. See this thread: https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...9-Zero-MB-data

As for your second question - from what I've read, people add the beneficiary line to the donor account, and are able to buy for that line. (I've never tried that; I'm too much of a wuss )
    What is a "donor account"? Thanks! (BTW in my case the beneficiary line has its own account, it's just they don't have as many points as I have so I would like to get them some texts/data.)

Feedback Score
    The iPhone app will still let you redeem points for any phone you want. Android app and website have had this feature removed for a while now. We expect it's not on purpose, just TracFone glitches.

Feedback Score
    What is a "donor account"? Thanks! (BTW in my case the beneficiary line has its own account, it's just they don't have as many points as I have so I would like to get them some texts/data.)
    Donor = the account that has the points.
    Beneficiary = the phone that you want to add the texts to.

From what I've read here, people move the beneficiary line to the donor account. And it works. (I'm just too scared to mess around with Tracfone. It scares me to leave the beneficiary account empty, without any phone in it. I'm like, what if I can't add it back to the account )

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    Donor = the account that has the points.
    Beneficiary = the phone that you want to add the texts to.

From what I've read here, people move the beneficiary line to the donor account. And it works. (I'm just too scared to mess around with Tracfone. It scares me to leave the beneficiary account empty, without any phone in it. I'm like, what if I can't add it back to the account )
    Thanks. How do I move a line from one account to another? I remember there is an option to delete a phone from account (I have deleted inactive phones after phone upgrade), do I just delete an active phone from one account and then add the line to another?

I also seem to remember (but not sure) reading someone talking about moving a line out, then create a new reward account using a ref code to get points. How is that possible? In my own experience, I once activated and added a refurb phone, and TF recognized it as "reactivation" and refused to give me the 7000p for add a line. So it seems once a phone enters TF, it stays forever regardless which account it is linked to. Did I miss something?

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, Samsung A51, Moto G Stylus (2021)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    How do I move a line from one account to another?
    Let's say you want to move a line from acct A to acct B. On the new web site:
    - Log into acct B. Select Manage Lines-->Add a line-->Merge an existing line (Merge is poorly worded in this case). Enter the phone number of the line you want to move into acct B.
    - The site will text a code to the phone being moved. Enter that code on the web site.
    - The line will be removed from acct A and added to acct B. You don't need to manually remove it from acct A.
    - When/if you want to move the line back into acct A, reverse the process.

NOTE: you can only do the steps about with an ACTIVE line. Can't move an inactive device that way.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Let's say you want to move a line from acct A to acct B. On the new web site:
    - Log into acct B. Select Manage Lines-->Add a line-->Merge an existing line (Merge is poorly worded in this case). Enter the phone number of the line you want to move into acct B.
    - The site will text a code to the phone being moved. Enter that code on the web site.
    - The line will be removed from acct A and added to acct B. You don't need to manually remove it from acct A.
    - When/if you want to move the line back into acct A, reverse the process.

NOTE: you can only do the steps about with an ACTIVE line. Can't move an inactive device that way.
    Thanks! suppose both accts have rewards points (and both have at least one active line after the move), such move would not affect the points of either acct, would it?

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, Samsung A51, Moto G Stylus (2021)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Thanks! suppose both accts have rewards points (and both have at least one active line after the move), such move would not affect the points of either acct, would it?
    The points that have become available won't be affected by the move. Pending points related to the line being moved will be lost if the line is moved.