Thread: Unlimited Voice, data, & text IN and TO Latin America with AT&T Elite Unlimited

Feedback Score

Unlimited Voice, data, & text IN and TO Latin America with AT&T Elite Unlimited

Starting May 3rd, everyone on Unlimited Elite plans and those who sign up will now be able to call, text, and use their unlimited data in South American and Central American Countries. I think this is awesome. If one has family or friends there it's great. If visiting or planning a visit and calling hotels there this is great.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/att-...perks_id139823

Feedback Score
    Now what would complete this would be is if ATT would give you a local callback number so locals could call you for free. Btw AT&T Elite Unlimited for a SINGLE line is $75 + taxes & fees.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

My plans:
    Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 09.06.22
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.03.23
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 07.18.22

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Now what would complete this would be is if ATT would give you a local callback number so locals could call you for free. Btw AT&T Elite Unlimited for a SINGLE line is $75 + taxes & fees.
    The standard price is $85 + taxes and fees. With the AARP membership, it is $75 + taxes and fees. Still too high for me at the moment. I will stick with my prepaid service(s). I have Verizon prepaid. It is just that in the next year or so I anticipate going to Canada, needing more than 10GB hotspot, and possibly going to Brazil or Colombia. So this plan is tempting.

Feedback Score
    Yes definitely worth a hard look for you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by worldtraveler85 View Post
    Starting May 3rd, everyone on Unlimited Elite plans and those who sign up will now be able to call, text, and use their unlimited data in South American and Central American Countries. I think this is awesome. If one has family or friends there it's great. If visiting or planning a visit and calling hotels there this is great.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/att-...perks_id139823
    AT&T owns their own networks in USA and Mexico. They do own a huge global backbone so peering fees are likely lower than other rivals however. They have to pay roaming fees outside USA and Mexico even if they can directly peer to these foreign carriers to allow access to their wireless networks from players like Telefonica, American Movil, and others in the region and surely they won’t let users use unlimited high speed data in these regions as it would cost them too much. Google Fi offers some unlimited roaming but will disconnect customers who abuse it. Anyone who really uses the network mostly abroad in these roaming areas will likely see either their accounts get terminated, slow speeds and/or service not working and whatnot. Service will go live soon so we shall see how it goes. I don’t see how an all you can eat roaming model can ever be sustainable but it does sound attractive to a huge marketshare as most people seem to want to come to the USA from these countries.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by worldtraveler85 View Post
    The standard price is $85 + taxes and fees. With the AARP membership, it is $75 + taxes and fees. Still too high for me at the moment. I will stick with my prepaid service(s). I have Verizon prepaid. It is just that in the next year or so I anticipate going to Canada, needing more than 10GB hotspot, and possibly going to Brazil or Colombia. So this plan is tempting.
    AT&T Signature rate is also the same 75 for people who meet the criteria. At&t tends to be better on the global side due to 5G roaming agreements but roaming fees can be extremely high. Tmobile provides the lowest cost with more countries and slow speed data included. Verizon tends to be best for domestic coverage and roaming rates also tend to be high but I believe only AT&T has 5G international roaming.

Esim/ roaming sims or local sims still seems to be a better alternative in many cases.

Feedback Score
    I think your North American or U.S usage has to be greater. But I am sure it's also over a certain period. Say for instance if you go to one of these countries on the first day of your billing cycle, AT&T won't ding you but if you spend 3 months down there then maybe it will be an issue.