Thread: Moto E4 on Tmobile and Verizon?

Feedback Score

Moto E4 on Tmobile and Verizon?

My phone is a Moto E4 purchased directly from Motorola.

I am currently with Ting. My phone is on the Tmobile network with them, but they also support Verizon. They told me if I want to switch networks I could use a Verizon sim instead of the Tmobile one. That does not sound right to me. Is my phone smarter than I think it is?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by donald_s View Post
    My phone is a Moto E4 purchased directly from Motorola.

I am currently with Ting. My phone is on the Tmobile network with them, but they also support Verizon. They told me if I want to switch networks I could use a Verizon sim instead of the Tmobile one. That does not sound right to me. Is my phone smarter than I think it is?

Thanks!
    If your phone is indeed a manufacturer/factory unlocked E4 "model XT1768", that is correct. It use to also be usable on ATT until they started their new whitelist.

Feedback Score
    The answer is, yes, it's an unlocked XT1768 that I bought directly from Motorola. That is very interesting. I had always thought that the networks were so incompatible. From what people tell me, Verizon works a lot better in my neighborhood. But I can test it for nothing, Ting is sending me a SIM to check it out.

Thanks rpz1.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by donald_s View Post
    The answer is, yes, it's an unlocked XT1768 that I bought directly from Motorola. That is very interesting. I had always thought that the networks were so incompatible. From what people tell me, Verizon works a lot better in my neighborhood. But I can test it for nothing, Ting is sending me a SIM to check it out.

Thanks rpz1.
    It's about what bands your phone supports, no longer the old so called CDMA vs GSM compatibility stuff. Factory unlocked generally have the bands for all the networks. Your E4 has all the T-Mobile bands except their newest low band 71 which is generally good for rural areas. It does have all the Verizon bands.
    Of course it doesn't support any 5G on any network. It's a relatively older phone but a very nice phone. I have 2.