Thread: Need quick Speed Test App for iPhone

Feedback Score

Need quick Speed Test App for iPhone

The Coverage Map App for iPhone has been purchased by Speedtest.Net. I liked the Coverage Map Speedtest because it is a quick 5 second test to get a basic idea of performance. This option is not available anymore and the app now refers you to running the full Speedtest app which takes too much time.

Does anyone know of another iPhone app to run quick and dirty Speedtest?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek View Post
    The Coverage Map App for iPhone has been purchased by Speedtest.Net. I liked the Coverage Map Speedtest because it is a quick 5 second test to get a basic idea of performance. This option is not available anymore and the app now refers you to running the full Speedtest app which takes too much time.

Does anyone know of another iPhone app to run quick and dirty Speedtest?
    There are several web browser speed tests. For really quick and dirty, I like: http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/simple

This is a fixed data amount rather than fixed time test. It will use the same amount of data no matter what the speed.

On there, the GPRS and 3G test is very quick and only uses 300KB to load the page and 300KB to run the test. It's not very accurate and does not report upload speed.

The 4G and Wifi test is more accurate and uses ~6MB, but takes longer.

The test names don't do anything specific for GPRS, 3G, 4G, Wifi. They just determine how much data is used for the test. GPRS and 3G are the exact same test, as are 4G and Wifi.

speedof.me is another web browser based test. It's pretty accurate, but takes time similar to the Ookla one.