Thread: gUDP users can get C-band now? Tested 412 Mbps down.

Feedback Score

gUDP users can get C-band now? Tested 412 Mbps down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    I saw this on the standard Verizon prepaid unlimited plan that doesn’t include UW last week.

It even showed n77 in the field test. However, I haven’t seen it again since then. I was thinking maybe as they are testing things and going live they hadn’t locked things down to only the chosen ones yet.

Name:  IMG_0018.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  34.2 KB

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    C band appears it will eventually be contiguous like LTE. LightReading.com had an article quoting Verizon at 250M covered by C band by 2024.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    I don’t doubt that.

Just odd that it is showing up on plans that ostensibly shouldn’t have it.

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I hope this means Verizon is considering expanding 5G UW to all plans. It’s impractical and stupid to stratify access to higher frequencies, because higher frequency bands can only do their job — offloading as much traffic as possible — if they are ALLOWED to do so. C-Band and mmWave are not performing at their full potential because only premium unlimited customers’ traffic is being offloaded to them. This hurts premium unlimited customers too, because when we are out of range of 5G UW we experience more LTE/5G NW network congestion than necessary. LTE and 5G NW would be performing way better right now if EVERYONE close to a tower got moved to n77, n260, and/or n261.

If they want to stratify plans, fine, throttle 5G UW on plans other than premium unlimited. Even copying Visible’s 200 Mbps ceiling would go a long way toward alleviating congestion on LTE and 5G NW. Speed tiers are nothing new to telcos, so it’s bizarre that Verizon chose to kneecap their own network’s capacity instead of introducing speed tiers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VoIP2TDM View Post
    C band appears it will eventually be contiguous like LTE. LightReading.com had an article quoting Verizon at 250M covered by C band by 2024.

it's contiguous now. all 60 MHz are contiguous

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    I hope this means Verizon is considering expanding 5G UW to all plans
    I doubt that. they think denying stuff to those on Start Unlimited will get them to pay more

If they want to stratify plans, fine, throttle 5G UW on plans other than premium unlimited. Even copying Visible’s 200 Mbps ceiling would go a long way toward alleviating congestion on LTE and 5G NW. Speed tiers are nothing new to telcos, so it’s bizarre that Verizon chose to kneecap their own network’s capacity instead of introducing speed tiers.
    I would hate that. I can get over 300 Mbps on LTE why would I want my 5G limited to 200 Mbps? I rather not have access it it at all than to have it gimped slower than LTE

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    it's contiguous now. all 60 MHz are contiguous
    I don’t know much about the frequency bands, but when I saw the plan to increase coverage from 100M people to 250M people, it sounded like enough of the US population that one could drive city to city, state to state, and not lose C band. Maybe the term I’m looking for is continuous coverage?

Feedback Score
    I don’t know much about the frequency bands, but when I saw the plan to increase coverage from 100M people to 250M people, it sounded like enough of the US population that one could drive city to city, state to state, and not lose C band. Maybe the term I’m looking for is continuous coverage?

Well the Verizon map of my city as far as c band is fabricated because I can’t connect to it especially when it says where I live is covered in it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotmama2078 View Post
    Well the Verizon map of my city as far as c band is fabricated because I can’t connect to it especially when it says where I live is covered in it.

and that city is....?

Feedback Score
    Even when c-band is available to deployed everywhere doesn't mean everywhere will have coverage. Look at Florida. except for 6 counties in the SW, every other county east of the panhandle could have c-band right now. How much coverage is in those areas? Maybe 10% of the land area.

Where Verizon could be covering with c-band

Where Verizon is actually covering with c-band

Name:  Screenshot 2022-05-12 175323.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  45.0 KB

Feedback Score
    Ughhhh

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    So they’re covering with C-Band the places in Florida where there are actually people?

Makes sense to me.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S21+, S22 Ultra
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    It's going to take time getting all the sites upgraded. I think they've done a pretty good job in the short time they've been upgrading.