Thread: Visible: Do iphones get faster hotspot speeds than Androids?

Feedback Score

Visible: Do iphones get faster hotspot speeds than Androids?

Asking because apple tells the carriers what to do not the other way around.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

My plans:
    Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 09.06.22
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.03.23
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 07.18.22

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    To know for sure, wouldn't you need to run an experiment that had all of the following at the same location -

- An iPhone on Visible, as a hotspot
    - A comparable Android on a different Visible number, functioning as a hotspot
    - A laptop connected to the iPhone hotspot running speedtest
    - Another laptop with the same specs, connected to the Android running speedtest

I am interested in the answer to the question too, it seems to me that Visible's one-device-only hotspot restriction may make it easier to find out the answer if someone can set up this "race"!
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code (you get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or a brand new phone!)
    You can sign up for Red Pocket and get $25 off your monthly-plan order using my referral code. Feel free to PM me for the codes. Thank you!

Feedback Score
    Considering a dedicated Visible line as a hotspot only. Not interested in testing this myself, asking for others experiences.

Feedback Score

Asking because apple tells the carriers what to do not the other way around.
    no, it's still limited to 5 Mbps on iPhones

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SMFD21 View Post
    no, it's still limited to 5 Mbps on iPhones
    Is it true that the one device at a time limitation doesn't apply to iPhones?

Feedback Score
    Considering a dedicated Visible line as a hotspot only. Not interested in testing this myself, asking for others experiences.
    Hotspot is throttled to 5 Mbps on both. If the signal on either is not good enough to get 5 Mbps, it's not going to be a great experience.

I don't have an iPhone to test. Even if we did there are too many variables to reach a solid conclusion. One of them is that there is no guarantee the both would be on the same band.

If you are looking for a cheap phone to use as a hotspot, Android is the answer due to the vast price difference between iPhones and Androids.

I use an Android. It works fine for hotspot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Is it true that the one device at a time limitation doesn't apply to iPhones?
    iPhones and Google Pixel phones are not limited to one connection because they don't allow carriers to impose that restriction.

iPhones and Google Pixel phones will allow 3 and 5 connections. I don't remember which one is which.

The one connection limit is pretty easy to get around. The easiest is to make the one connection to a Win10 notebook and have the notebook act as a mobile hotspot. That gets you 8 connections.

Another is to run the one connection through a router. That will get you more connections than you can use with only 5 Mbps. A $20 Gl-iNet Mango travel router will do this. You can also fiddle the TTL to get around the 5 Mbps throttle. You can also run a VPN on it to get around the 2 Mbps video streaming throttle.